LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

PS3 New controller revealed

Peripheral purveyor SplitFish has already brought some PC-style input to the PlayStation 2, but now, as promised, it's taken its game to the PS3, following up its EdgeFX mouse controller with the strikingly-similar FragFX device. Like the EdgeFX, the FragFX gives you a mouse to improve your aim in FPS games, with the separate left-handed grip controller getting an upgrade this time around to let you take advantage of the PS3's motion sensing abilities. Not one to let a potential selling point go unnoticed, SplitFish is also touting the controller as being "optimized" for use with Sony's recently announced Home virtual world. While you'll have to wait a while to put that particular claim to the test, you will be able to get your hands on a wired version of the FragFX next month for $60, with a Bluetooth version coming "later" for $70.

Many who have read my posts know that I have been explaining that the PS3 is more of a PC type of unit than purely a gaming one. Its priced as though it were a computer itself with what it is able to achieve.

Now, I have personally hated controllers in general. For FPS games, they are just plain out sucky. Mouse and keyboard have always been better in my eyes.

Now that i see this new controller for the PS3, Im curious to see how well it can change console gaming in this reguard.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/21/s...oller-for-ps3/

Fragfx PS3 Controller mouse. Looks interesting. If it plays as good as it looks, this might be good news for the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    cool
    but misleading thread title
    its not an offical ps3 controller

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    old news........

i think using the SIXAXIS would be more fun, but w/e floats your boat i guess

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    cool
    but misleading thread title
    its not an offical ps3 controller
    Its not misleading at all. Its a new controller and its for the PS3. If it was an official PS3 controller the title would have been "PS3 new official controller revealed"

I found an interesting news article by they way where the producer for god of war 3 says that sony actually is releasing a rumble feature for their controllers. The downside is, people will probably have to repurchase new controllers eventually for this feature.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by A RAND0M TAC0
    old news........

i think using the SIXAXIS would be more fun, but w/e floats your boat i guess
    Strange that engadgets puts old news on their latest news main page. But i wouldnt know since this is the first i heard of it. I wonder why they would talk about old news... oh wait your thinking of the one they were making for the ps2 werent you.

Member #
    Friends
    5385-4035-7079-0395
    I always thought that an analog stick instead of a keyboard was the next logical step. I still prefer wii vs. mouse, despite the loss in accuracy and precision.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    60 or 70 dollars for a controller!? Ridiculous...but like a guy above said...whatever floats your boat. It just seems a bit excessive thats all. I don't know how much the sixaxis whatever costs but I'd probably stick with that.

Fully NextGen Enabled retro_joe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    would make some games rather interesting

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Its not misleading at all. Its a new controller and its for the PS3. If it was an official PS3 controller the title would have been "PS3 new official controller revealed"

I found an interesting news article by they way where the producer for god of war 3 says that sony actually is releasing a rumble feature for their controllers. The downside is, people will probably have to repurchase new controllers eventually for this feature.
    i think a lot of the people who clicked on this were thinking: omg ps3 is releasing a new controller to compete with the wii probably!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Lol you read my mind...I even thought, "What are those aholes at Sony going to do next? Are those f*ckers going to release a new "innovative" Sony Remote Device w/ rumble AND motion sensors?"

Ads