Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ff13

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Shiftfallout your only defense isn't sales figures, or facts, it's lengthy drawn out insults calling everyone kids and fanboys. I stated a fact, FF7 sold a great deal of copies for the PS1. You sound like a plant by a major company. Get over yourself and the idea you know what you're talking about.
    No, you said that FF7 was what put the playstation on the map. Theres a big difference, I responded by saying they sold a lot of games, but they did not purely put it on the map. Need a reminder?
    Shiftfallout you write too much. Sony themselves admit Square put the PS1 on the map with FF7. Get your point across in fewer words like me.
    Dont forget, you called me out first. You brought this upon yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Shiftfallout your only defense isn't sales figures, or facts, it's lengthy drawn out insults calling everyone kids and fanboys. I stated a fact, FF7 sold a great deal of copies for the PS1. You sound like a plant by a major company. Get over yourself and the idea you know what you're talking about.
    My defense? Why would i need a defense to point out the stupid stuff you say. You keep calling me out, therefore If you cant compete with facts, then do yourself a favor and get smart. Its funny because you start complaining everytime i type a huge post, as if it some how physically hurts you. Grow up. Since you seem so eager to get me to respond, i will gladly humble you again if you wish.

The success of the playstation goes way back to when nintendo teamed up with sony to produce a cd based system. Sony already had some of their hardware in the snes, and nintendo was eager to join forces with sony. The snes cd was announced. Strangely enough, something very taboo happened in japan. Nintendo betrayed and broke contract with Sony and abandoned the project. The next day after doing this they announced a partnership with Phillips, a European based company. This was considered a betrayal and a bad move by many japanese.

When Sony announced they would continue alone with the project, many japanese game developers were more than eager to make games for Sony and not nintendo. You can see this in the titles released for the n64. Sony had gained in popularity due to what Nintendo did by breaking contract.

In 1994 when the playstation was released, Namco had a lot of games lined up for Sonys launch. Each game sold extremely well with the launch, and were quite popular. They also had plans for making sequels to all the namco games released.

Over a million units sold in japan alone. A large selection of popular games.

THREE YEARS LATER.

1997, Final Fantasy 7 is released on the playstation. It was a widely popular game.

Before FF7, Sony was already doing extremely well.

SO... now do you regret bringing attention to yourself? Are you going to still stick by your statement that if it wasnt for FF7 that the playstation wouldnt be on the map?

hmmmmmm?

You keep saying i dont know what im talking about, but in fact thats your defense to saying stupid things. If you are going to continually call me out, be ready to be humbled kid. Dont blame me. You brought this upon yourself.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-24-2007 at 03:27 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Why? FF was on Nintendo before it even came to Playstation. So to me its just an old friend coming home...albeit one that I didn't bother getting to know because it didn't interest me a few years ago like it does now.
    I know it was Nintendo, but I've played from 6 - 12, which are on Playstation... That's pretty much why.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    I know it was Nintendo, but I've played from 6 - 12, which are on Playstation... That's pretty much why.
    That's a wierd reason, but hey it's not my money wasted!

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    :o You cannot put "Final Fantasy" and "waste" in the same sentence! you make me sick.

Member #
    Friends
    :o You cannot put "Final Fantasy" and "waste" in the same sentence! you make me sick.
    You might want to check again, technically I didn't.

Member #
    Friends
    I hope it stays exclusive to the PS3 (though I would probably never get it), but business IS business. If PS3 puts BluRay on the map as the next-gen HD format, Sony won their war.

Member #
    Friends
    You guys are forgetting that FF13 is coming to cellphones as well, do you guys think that means cellphones are getting the main ff13 that is coming out on the Ps3?

There will be atleast 4 versions of FF13 announced and one of them is the main one, the one on the Ps3 is the main one. It could come to the 360, but right now it's not likely.
    Last edited by En4Neo; 03-24-2007 at 05:27 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    You might want to check again, technically I didn't.
    Oo, well I'm sorry!

AND!!!! There's 3 versions, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13: Versus, and Final Fantasy 13 Agito (Mobile)

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Final Fantasy now is just the same thing, different characters. They've done all they can with the series. Let's get something new!

Member #
    Friends
    Oo, well I'm sorry!

AND!!!! There's 3 versions, Final Fantasy 13, Final Fantasy 13: Versus, and Final Fantasy 13 Agito (Mobile)
    Well there are 3 versions guaranteed, but SE filed a trademark for something called FINAL FANTASY HAERESIS XIII and odds are that's probably the fourth FFXIII game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads