0882-4030-9133-6768

Ff13

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Member #
    Friends
    Its gonna get ported. They will bring it to the wii and the 360. However you are only get less than 1/4 of the game since the 360 cant use the hd dvd drive for games. The characters on the wii will get stick figures with no legs and the graphics will be comparable to the ds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout

Hmmm, is that about you????

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by A RAND0M TAC0
    Hmmm, is that about you????
    no, i prefer small animals. Deers and horses are not my thing. You dont happen to have a gerbil do you?

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Sony can't afford to lose FF13, and MGS4. They need to hold onto these exclusives and keep adding, not losing titles. If they can't do that they are worse off than Sega's Saturn. Imagine Sega losing Sonic! How about Microsoft losing Halo, or Nintendo losing Metriod? Square put Sony on the map.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Sony can't afford to lose FF13, and MGS4. They need to hold onto these exclusives and keep adding, not losing titles. If they can't do that they are worse off than Sega's Saturn. Imagine Sega losing Sonic! How about Microsoft losing Halo, or Nintendo losing Metriod? Square put Sony on the map.
    Well, Mario is a nintendo trademarked character. Developed by nintendo, So is the metroid franchise. Sonic is made by sega. Sega merged with Sammy and dropped the console war to make arcade games and console games. Microsoft owns bungie i believe and therefor halo. FF and MGS have no ties to sony other than that they are a 3rd party franchises.

I wouldnt say Square put sony on the map, but they did play a nice role. Sony really didnt have any characters or franchises that was soley theirs. Now, this is merely an observation based off of current events, but i believe two things of note are happening.

1. Modern games require larger budgets to make. The gaming industry has higher profits than the film industry actually. To make current gen games requires more money these days. Exclusives were basically done when a company like nintendo, or sony would pay the third party developer money to keep the game soley to their system. However, with the realisation that more money would have to be payed to balance out the higher production cost, multiplatforming was more profitable in the end. Games like Final Fantasy have HUGE budgets that get bigger and bigger every game. So with this in mind, Sony seems to be taking another approach. They dont seem to care about third party exclusives anymore, either because they refuse to pay a lot more money for rising exclusives cost or they are planning on relying on their own first party games in a world of multiplatorm software.

2. The first huge game sony has put a lot of money and time into as a franchise is God of War. This is all sony, not a third party. This is their Mario. I believe they are going to be taking this approach of building stronger inhouse development of games than relying on a more costly third party exclusive approach. However, I do think exclusives help a system, wheather or not its worth the price they would have to pay is up to them.
    I do believe however, that games will start requiring more space. So far blue ray holds the most. Wii and Xbox360 are currently limited to 5 gigabite games right now. Who knows how this will play out, but i do believe that Sony is intentionally not trying to hold onto many exclusive titles anymore. They seem to have other plans. Stupid or not, we cannot know.

Add: A lil random bit... Plan on seeing a God of War movie coming out. Sony wont let this pass up since they do own a couple movie studios.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-22-2007 at 06:31 PM.

Fully NextGen Enabled retro_joe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Even if FF13 does go multiplatform, i'm going to get it for my PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Shiftfallout you write too much. Sony themselves admit Square put the PS1 on the map with FF7. Get your point across in fewer words like me.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    If FF13 appeared on the 360 I'd buy a 360 and immediately get that plus Gears of War. If it got on the Wii I'd definitely get it as well. Bottom line however is that the mere fact that they are obviously considering it is a huge indication of how far sony has fallen. The next few months should be interesting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads