LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I'll say this once and everyone here should pay attention when I say this about the consumer market. "No money no options." Remember that. That will doom the PS3, because they assume everyone has cash to burn on anything they want no matter the cost.
    Its usually the majority of people who cant afford it or refuse to buy it that complain the most. It is considered new technology, and new technology is ALWAYs more expensive. Thats why its NEW aint it. Sony doesnt assume that everyone will be able to buy one, they do assume that grown ups will want one eventually.

Hey heres an idea, maybe you should go work at Sony since your so smert.

Quote Originally Posted by theangelwing
    Very well spoken. Give us options, give us a 250 dollar system we could offered. In fact dont even give that if the other option at 600 dollars is gonna make feel like crap because we couldnt afford the expensive one.
    Not gonna happen anytime soon untill their secondary sources of revinue kick in. The graphics GPU in the PS3 has a net worth of $500 alone, Blue Ray players are on the market for over $800, Add in the hardrive, The PS3's 3.2 GHz Cell processor by Sony, Toshiba and IBM, Blue tooth...ect the list goes on. You are looking at a system that would normally go for around $1500 minium. I would say, Sony is selling pretty dang cheap.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-24-2007 at 03:41 AM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    nintendo dont have to have a radical publicity stunt the wii is already TOO popular
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe
    Yeah....I dont think we are gonna see a PS4 guys
    If the PS4 is anything like PS3 (huge, expensive and has things ill never use)

Then good riddance!

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Sony's downfall is they need to realize they had to balance Power with Price. All 3 systems probably could of been the same power if they wanted, but who wants to buy a system that pricey? The Wii for example sacrificed power for an amazing price (that could still drop 100$ or so).
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Wrong. When one console trys to destroy another console, that kills the competition. That means the less competition, the closer you get to a monopoly, the closer you get to one type of system is the less varied your games will become.

Actually, your right, lets let consoles destroy themselves. I prefer PC gaming over all your little crap boxes.

MasterJEDI, a perfect name for a kid whos angry at the world. You hate a brand purely because you THINK its a horrible machine. When in fact, and it is a fact, that it is NOT a horrible machine. This is a FACT. Deal with it or go back to talking with your imaginary friends in your fairy forest wonderland.
    Do you like talking out of your ass? WTF do you think competition is? "lalalala let's all hold hands and sing around the campfire"? No, it's "My console is better than yours. Lol noob sux my [bleep]"! With fiercer competition comes more and better games. Money going to one company cannot go to another one, effectively "destroying" that company. It's all buisness and we shouldn't babysit companies because we don't want to "destroy" them.

Lol you just called the PS3 a crap box-> self-pwned FTL

{Its usually the majority of people who cant afford it or refuse to buy it that complain the most. It is considered new technology, and new technology is ALWAYs more expensive. Thats why its NEW aint it. Sony doesnt assume that everyone will be able to buy one, they do assume that grown ups will want one eventually.

Hey heres an idea, maybe you should go work at Sony since your so smert.}

That was obvious. Would you spend $500+ and then proceed to complain about it? Besides, plenty of people who own a Wii complain about its online. New technology costs more but people aren't used to shelling out so much for a damn console (even if it's a bargain). You said Sony assumed and that's why the PS3 is dragging.

I think you should work for Sony, being so much more brilliant than we lowly members.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    Do you like talking out of your ass? WTF do you think competition is? "lalalala let's all hold hands and sing around the campfire"? No, it's "My console is better than yours. Lol noob sux my [bleep]"! With fiercer competition comes more and better games. Money going to one company cannot go to another one, effectively "destroying" that company. It's all buisness and we shouldn't babysit companies because we don't want to "destroy" them.

Lol you just called the PS3 a crap box-> self-pwned FTL

{Its usually the majority of people who cant afford it or refuse to buy it that complain the most. It is considered new technology, and new technology is ALWAYs more expensive. Thats why its NEW aint it. Sony doesnt assume that everyone will be able to buy one, they do assume that grown ups will want one eventually.

Hey heres an idea, maybe you should go work at Sony since your so smert.}

That was obvious. Would you spend $500+ and then proceed to complain about it? Besides, plenty of people who own a Wii complain about its online. New technology costs more but people aren't used to shelling out so much for a damn console (even if it's a bargain). You said Sony assumed and that's why the PS3 is dragging.

I think you should work for Sony, being so much more brilliant than we lowly members.
    lol you took it seriously, thats funny. Sarcasm is something you need to learn.
    And yes, theres a difference between beating an opponent with a better product, and doing stupid publicity stuts. Good job for not being able to tell the difference.

nice try though, keep it up.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    HAHA nice try shift. We all know you're serious about this sh*t. You're obssessed with sony...only God knows why. But don't take your frustrations with them out on other people by leveling idiotic accusations and statements that are completely false. As for publicity stunts thats all the PS3 is. A gamble to gain attention for the BluRay market. This whole giving away tvs thing was a stunt as well. Even the AD campaign is a stunt! They don't take care of business over there and it shows in how their marketing is coming across to the average consumer including me.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    HAHA nice try shift. We all know you're serious about this sh*t. You're obssessed with sony...only God knows why. But don't take your frustrations with them out on other people by leveling idiotic accusations and statements that are completely false. As for publicity stunts thats all the PS3 is. A gamble to gain attention for the BluRay market. This whole giving away tvs thing was a stunt as well. Even the AD campaign is a stunt! They don't take care of business over there and it shows in how their marketing is coming across to the average consumer including me.
    kids say the darnest things. Please to do tell me where am im being a fanboy? Cause i could have sworn I explain the best parts of each system, and the worst parts about them. And.. last i checked i own all 3 systems.. HMmmmmmmmmmm Sony fanboy eh. Well whatever you do in your make believe world is fine with me, just keep your pants on.

Giving away TVs is incentive to buy a console by using the same brand. Its not an obvious attack on another. Take for example the Macintosh commercials. They have two guys standing on a screen and clearly advertise and exagerate, even lie about their rival to get people to buy their product. I think this is bad business practice. I love Jack in the Box, but they also had an ad campeign where they attacked other food chains. I didnt agree with them either.

Thats how i see it. Its stupid, and something like that would normally have the opposite reaction for me.

Oh well, look forward to the next time you try to attack another post of mine. Im looking forward to your mindless whining. Please keep it up.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    MR.BEAN sorry just had to add that in i went to see it today xo
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Nintendo stepped up and delivered a superior product than crappy sony did this time around and we as fans have every right to be.
    Nintendo didn't deliver a superior product. The Wii's hardware fails in comparison to the PS3 -- by a long shot.

What Nintendo did was capture a large audience. They brought intuitive gameplay and low cost to the mass, in exchange for plethoras of buttons or high price tags. Frankly, I would have preferred the Wii to have been $100 more and render in HD. It's not JUST about gameplay to some of us.

The Wii just caters to a larger market -- young and old, rich and not-as-rich, and has the nostalgia of Virtual Console to boot. It's simple -- if you market to everyone, you'll sell to everyone.

Sony's Playstation 3 caters more to the younger, better off crowd. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't have $600 they can fork out for a Playstation 3. There are plenty who do not have high-definition televisions, either (unfortunately). For those of us who 480i or 480p isn't good enough for (it never was, really), the Playstation 3 provides.

Ads