Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    I feel sorry for Sony.
    But than again I feel happy for Nintendo (and my Wii)

Like in life, there is always a winner and a looser.

O yes, that reminds me of my thread some months ago....http://www.wiichat.com/lounge/13998-...hlight=betamax
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    heres some pics of the launch in france

Looks like you pathetic fanboys can cram your foot in your mouth. You're just mad because you spent $250 on a machine that was outdated the day it was launched. You should have just painted your gamecube white. Same games, same graphics.
    We will let the other 100 sources and people actually in france tell us the facts rather then a over obsessed fanboy. thanks.
    And those pics look pretty plentiful of Ps3s, doesnt show much if they were bought or not buddy.

BTW, did you scrounge the internet for those pics? Maybe one or two areas did do well (those pics are what? The most populated city in fance? lol). But sorry bud but overall the Europe launch is baddd.

And i wouldnt talk about use being pathetic fanboys, your the one who comes on with the dumbest of reasonings trying to make yourself feel better for buying the ps3. I remember you saying quite clearly that the European launch was going to be the ps3's saviour and do so well, wrong as usual. As for graphics, i already own games better then the gc gfx (as i have over 30 gc games) and its only the beginning of the Wii's graphic stretch. If you actually read about the Wii instead of sounding like a idiot know-it-all you'd know there are games better then gc/ps2/xbox gfx already.

So go somewhere else instead of making yourself sound less intelligent with each post please.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Red, dont know how accurate this is, but you might find it interesting.

http://www.engadget.com/2007/03/25/s...than-xbox-360/

Even I have no comment on this till i see the numbers.
    Maybe so, but the Xbox360 hit pretty well in europe. The Ps3 is a different story there. That article isnt much fact anyways, but who knows.
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 03-26-2007 at 01:28 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Maybe so, but the Xbox360 hit pretty well in europe. The Ps3 is a different story there. That article isnt much fact anyways, but who knows.
    heres some more... after doing some more research it seems its pretty right on.

When the Xbox 360 was released in 05 it sold about 330,000 the first month, the second month about 280,000 and 250,000 the third month after release.
    The PS3 was released in Nov 06, one full year after the Xbox release. It sold 200,000 first month, 490,000 second and third month 244,000. Within their 3 month launch periods, the PS3 had a stonger more successful launch in terms of sales and units sold.

Member #
    Friends
    The 360 would have sold more in its first months. Unfortunately, MS ran into massive shortages. But the Wii just blows everyone else away.
    Now playing: Phoenix Wright, Picross
    Wishlist: No More Heroes, SSBB, Disaster: DOC, Fire Emblem DS, Tales of Symphonia 2
    UGa football (11-2): Sugar Bowl Champs

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by RedProdigy
    The 360 would have sold more in its first months. Unfortunately, MS ran into massive shortages. But the Wii just blows everyone else away.
    True, the Wii has one of the strongest laucnhes in console history. Though its part to do with innovation and part to do with price.
    If nintendo was able to supply more per month, the numbers would be through the roof. Not bad for ninty since they are the only ones making a profit off the console alone.

As for the 360, its launch was rough as well. Assuming they would have sold more with more units is pure speculation. However, either way the 360 is currently closing in at 11 million units sold. Not bad for one year.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    True, the Wii has one of the strongest laucnhes in console history. Though its part to do with innovation and part to do with price.
    If nintendo was able to supply more per month, the numbers would be through the roof. Not bad for ninty since they are the only ones making a profit off the console alone.

As for the 360, its launch was rough as well. Assuming they would have sold more with more units is pure speculation. However, either way the 360 is currently closing in at 11 million units sold. Not bad for one year.
    yes, and the interesting thing is that if i wanted to go and get a 360 right now (i can't get my hands on enough money yet), i could find one at any store i wanted, pretty much. the number of wiis sold is if not exactly, then extremely close to the number of wiis shipped! that's what's scary about the wii launch.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads