LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59
  1. #21
    Uss Clan ***** Major Tom's Avatar
    Member #
    12312
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Command Cluster
    Posts
    1,220
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    "If you can find a PS3 anywhere thats been on shelves more than 5 min. I'll give you $1'200."

    "America is a land of cheap people"

    They're staff sucks....

  2. #22
    3D Artist sagema's Avatar
    Member #
    6192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,685
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Shiftfallout I'm ignoring you, Wii&PS3. When the PS3 bows out of the market I'll make sure to have 12 links of you two saying the dumbest crap ever. Although I'm sure you'll say that crap even after the system is long gone.

  3. #23
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Shiftfallout I'm ignoring you, Wii&PS3. When the PS3 bows out of the market I'll make sure to have 12 links of you two saying the dumbest crap ever. Although I'm sure you'll say that crap even after the system is long gone.
    hmm me saying the dumb stuff eh, i do recall you saying if it wasnt for FF7 the playstation wouldnt be on the map. Kinda funny since it came out 3 years later after the PS1 was launched and already successful. Also kind of funny since the PS2 had the same start and ended up being a very popular system.

    Oh but please do ignore me. You seem to ignore all the post where the stuff you say is shown as BS anyway. Keep it up.

    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    The higher ups are contradicting everything they say, and not listening to the consumer market at all. If these people have even remote power over the PS3 decisions, they will decimate what's left of this system. Sony needs a gifted person to pull their system out, and fire the morons who are sinking this system.

    I'm not worried by Sony's current sales as much as how they are running their business.

    You still evaded my question. As usual.

    any proof or backing to your wild claims? elaborate with facts please.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-26-2007 at 04:28 PM.

  4. #24
    WiiChat Member Chaz's Avatar
    Member #
    7178
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    116
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Theres an article floating around that announces that the PS3 is selling more with their launch period than the 360 did.
    If I recall that's because there was a disastrously pathetic amount of Xboxes supplied in contrast with that of consumer demand whereas it was made sure that the PS3 was over-supplied. Which, according to the rules of the market, means that the PS3 will decrease in price.

  5. #25
    slightly amused captainff's Avatar
    Member #
    17836
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    807
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    without getting shouted at can i jump in with a couple of what i believe to be facts. . . . . .
    I have no prejudices regarding which consoles people own .. .. .. ..


    FACT 1 - Blu-ray disks are much more expensive to make than HD ones due to the materials used, therefore their retail price will naturally be higher.

    FACT 2 - Whichever format is 'better', Blu-ray or HD DVD, is irrelevant. The important thing is which has the better uptake of users. In the video cassette format war, Betamax was a superior product to VHS but we all used VHS. Why? Because the porn industry supported VHS and shifted millions of tapes.......

    FACT 3 - The American porn industry thus far has sided with HD DVD rather than Blu-ray.



    Taking these 3 things into consideration, it is going to take a large market shift for the PS3 to sell units based on the merits of its DVD drive.

    I think that Sony could have made a mistake in supporting this format.

  6. #26
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by captainff
    without getting shouted at can i jump in with a couple of what i believe to be facts. . . . . .
    I have no prejudices regarding which consoles people own .. .. .. ..


    FACT 1 - Blu-ray disks are much more expensive to make than HD ones due to the materials used, therefore their retail price will naturally be higher.

    FACT 2 - Whichever format is 'better', Blu-ray or HD DVD, is irrelevant. The important thing is which has the better uptake of users. In the video cassette format war, Betamax was a superior product to VHS but we all used VHS. Why? Because the porn industry supported VHS and shifted millions of tapes.......

    FACT 3 - The American porn industry thus far has sided with HD DVD rather than Blu-ray.



    Taking these 3 things into consideration, it is going to take a large market shift for the PS3 to sell units based on the merits of its DVD drive.

    I think that Sony could have made a mistake in supporting this format.
    hehe, who wouldnt want 50GB of porn per disc??

    Actually though you are onto something, you forgot one BIG important thing. The internet. The porn industry has changed since its VHS days due to the internet. Its not the same anymore, its accessable without having to purchase a HDdvd. This alone makes the disc of choice by the porn industry irrelevant in the over all picture of things. The internet, has killed your hypothesis.

  7. #27
    slightly amused captainff's Avatar
    Member #
    17836
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    807
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    hehe, who wouldnt want 50GB of porn per disc??

    Actually though you are onto something, you forgot one BIG important thing. The internet. The porn industry has changed since its VHS days due to the internet. Its not the same anymore, its accessable without having to purchase a HDdvd. This alone makes the disc of choice by the porn industry irrelevant in the over all picture of things. The internet, has killed your hypothesis.

    almost, but not quite! think about the fear of someone spying on your activities......... if you go to a shop and buy a DVD with cash, no-one can trace that transaction.... if you log onto a website you leave a trail with your ISP. . . .

    to paraphrase Bill Hicks

    " what must they think of me? Clam Lappers and Sonic the Hedgehog?"

  8. #28
    ...yea... My god the Wii owns...'s Avatar
    Member #
    12349
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    649
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    gee, another biased person looking for find anything he can, no matter how illogical, to make another system look bad.

    Edu-ma-cation time 4 u.

    1. http://www.cnet.com.au/games/hardwar...0054823,00.htm
    Xbox 360 has no HDMI support. Microsoft is released another version of the xbox to make up for this. Even then its not able to utilize it fully.

    2. The wii isnt HD.

    3. The PS3 is HD but requires you to purchase HDMI cables if you want them to work with newer TVs. BIG DEAL. Why add blue ray? Blue ray holds more data. Its not just for better graphics. And its not uncommon to sell adapter cables seperately.

    All the systems requires you to buy accessories to take full advantage of their systems. Wii with its numchucks for example. At least the PS3 Can support HD fully.

    Nice try. You come close to trolling.
    Holy shit, it's the Sony Fanboy Nazi! Camping with his MP-40 in the PS3 forum again!

    1. You can't spell.
    2. He said nothing about the Wii, you accusing little anus.
    3. You're intentional spelling mistakes aren't funny, nor are they "cool".
    4. Nobody cares about what you say. .
    5. Go find a PS3 forum you stupid shit.

  9. #29
    WiiChat Member kidtmnt's Avatar
    Member #
    16618
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    167
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    why is "My god the Wii owns..." insulting the person stating facts not opinions?

    Nintendo Wii Forum > Console Forums > Playstation 3
    i think this area is a PS3 forum

  10. #30
    Fully NextGen Enabled retro_joe's Avatar
    Member #
    19501
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Posts
    154
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by My god the Wii owns...
    Holy shit, it's the Sony Fanboy Nazi! Camping with his MP-40 in the PS3 forum again!

    1. You can't spell.
    2. He said nothing about the Wii, you accusing little anus.
    3. You're intentional spelling mistakes aren't funny, nor are they "cool".
    4. Nobody cares about what you say. .
    5. Go find a PS3 forum you stupid shit.
    Fanboyism, leave it at the door.

    An insult to a persons grammer & spelling is a shameful last resort attack; if you dont like the PS3 or the things people say about the PS3, just dont post or dont bother coming into the forum.

    On a side note, i noticed Tylorwalls hasn't posted since he got owned by the sales figures.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts