LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 51 to 59 of 59
  1. #51
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    634
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    True, True. Hocotate

    Anyone interested in a multimedia hub will buy one themselves. (i.e. non-gamers) The point of the ps3 is a games console.
    Let me explain...
    PLAY-STATION-3
    I'd never use my games console to play DVDs. Cause they all sucked at it. PS2 and xbox... My DVD player had far superior picture quality & playback options. If I want Blu-ray I will buy a blu-Ray player.

  2. Ads


  3. #52
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    634
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I have used the controller...

    It bears more than a passing resemblance to the dual analogue controller on the PS1... In fact...?! I'm not going to finish what I'm saying about the controller. You can't defend it. It should have been better - no excuses.

    There's no reason for launch titles to suck. They don't have to as Zelda proved. You don't have to completely harness the PS3s full potential to make a good game. Just make a really good looking fun (what would be a PS2) game for the PS3 launch? Plus you have to spend an extra 50 on top of the console to be able to play it. Unlike Wii sports. Thats 460 - or $830 we pay in the UK.

    Also if you are going to use subjectivity as an argument we may as well all log off. I think the majority of people would agree that there are far better games on the 360 and wii than the ps3.
    Despite how I might come off sometimes I'm not actually a person who hates the idea of a PS3 because I love 360 or wii. I'm pretty indifferent when it comes to that.
    I ask myself why would I want a ps3... And whats so good about it... Compared to the 360 and wii, I don't see any real benefit owning a ps3. I could buy a wii and a 360 for the same price as a ps3.
    Last edited by BrandonMcAuslan; 03-27-2007 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Cause you aren't hardcore unless you edit...(!?)

  4. #53
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocotate
    Sony tried the "multimedia hub instead of a game machine" idea with the PSP too and didn't do so hot. What it all boils down to are the games. We are seeing that without the games the hardware doesn't sell, I don't care how many non-gaming extras are tossed into the system. We've seen time and time again, games are what really matter.

    Really? how did the psp become not so hot? do tell? Strange that the number 1 selling game right now is for the PSP no? Monster hunter freedom spurred PSP sales recently beating the wii and the 360 for that week. You make it seem like the PSP is dead. Have you seen the mod community? its huge. You have no idea whats going on with the PSP.

    Games are what really matter? Games are only part of what matter, the rest is utility. You are too narrowminded.

    And trying to say PC's are regarded as the best for gaming isn't true. To a niche community maybe, but the majority go with consoles from what I'm seeing. And to say that sales do not matter is ridiculous, you were just bragging about sales against the 360 a minute ago. If we don't go by sales we are just arguing opinions, and in the end your single or my single opinions don't really matter, we go by the sales.
    PC games are considered the hardcore of gaming. A lot of developers test their skills with the PC gaming community, and its been one that has lived the longest out of all the consoles. The games are purely subjective wheather you like them or not, but they do offer the widest selection of high concept gaming and detail.

    I said that sales do not make a better system, so STOP twisting words arround. You claim the PS3 has failed, and by sales i have explained its not. No where did i ever say that the PS3 is a better system because of sales. Nor is the wii is a better system because of sales.

    If we don't go by sales we are just arguing opinions, and in the end your single or my single opinions don't really matter, we go by the sales
    if all you can think about is sales, then this is like talking to a wall. I can offer facts about the system that breaks up your opinions, but in the end if you are only going to focus on the wiis sales then its like of like trying to talk a dog into talking.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 03-27-2007 at 05:56 AM.

  5. #54
    Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    3742
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    634
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Sales are what counts. Look at Sega. The games industry is exactly that... An industry.
    Its driven by profit. I bet if you ask the CEO of Sony, would you rather have the "best console" or the "most profitable console"? He would opt for option 2.

  6. #55
    Greetings from Hocotate! Hocotate's Avatar
    Member #
    19793
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    I can offer facts about the system that breaks up your opinions, but in the end if you are only going to focus on the wiis sales then its like of like trying to talk a dog into talking.
    Facts about the system? lol, sure I can list facts about the Wii too but that is all subjective whether they really matter or not. The PSP is huge you say? show me the sales to prove it... you can't. Yes its selling decent, but the DS takes a dump on it, no way to spin it.

    Games are what really matter? Games are only part of what matter, the rest is utility. You are too narrowminded.
    So I guess video games are only a part of gaming... lol please.

    From reading your posts I see you place a huge importance on specs (and the like) and non-gaming features... too bad you are in the minority there *points at sales again.* You cannot prove the PSP or PS3 are "better" systems because all the positives things you post about them can be viewed as negatives to someone else (me). This may be hard for you to grasp but the majority of the gaming community does not want a multimedia hub, they want a game machine, accept it.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    Sales are what counts. Look at Sega. The games industry is exactly that... An industry.
    Its driven by profit. I bet if you ask the CEO of Sony, would you rather have the "best console" or the "most profitable console"? He would opt for option 2.
    So true.
    Last edited by Hocotate; 03-27-2007 at 06:25 AM.

  7. #56
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocotate
    Hahaha so if 3rd parties release multiplatform games, which one do you think people will choose for the same game... $400 for Xbox360 or $600 for PS3? You try to use the high development cost as an excuse and say that makes it "ok"? No matter how you try to spin it, Sony is losing exclusives.
    I like how you only quote pieces and not the entire thing. Ok this is the last time tonight Im going to say this. If you cant read, i dont know what else to say. SONY has exclusives, they are focusing on first party titles. God of war might ring a bell. Theres a slew of others coming out as well.

    You cant seem to grasp the fact that consumers dont always go with one system. You also are funny since you do not list the 499 PS3. Some people who spend money wouldnt mind paying an extra 100-200 dollars for an additional blue ray player, or would rather have the PS3 for its other features, or the fact its just a powerful system.

    No, im not using EXCUSES to say the rising cost in budget is making it more pricey to have exlcusives.. im stating a FACT. you keep thinking these facts are opinions or excuses.. im telling you there is a trend for going multiplatform and the reasons why. Dont believe me, stop crying and do your own research.



    All I offer is biased opinion eh?... guess those sales numbers are made up huh....
    Sales numbers for WHAT? just because you throw sales numbers doesnt make you smart, or make it relevant to the topic. YOU keep saying the wii has sold this much.. woopteedooo. Its a fact, no one is trashing the wii. But what does this have to do with the PS3? You say the PS3 is failing, but what does the wiis sales figures have to do with the PS3 "failing"? It has nothing to do with it. The ps3 did more sales thatn the 360s beginning launch period and now the 360 has sold close to 11 million units. Get it? the PS3 isnt failing.. because you can show off the Wiis sales numbers.

    Im an idiot just for wasting time on an idiot. Ah well ill finish what i started here..

    HAHAHAHA so that is supposed to automatically make it not count?.... You can't dismiss the sales just because they are not in your favor lol.
    Again, what do sales have to do with the discussion. Thats all you offer. And I probably know about the sales figures than you do. Your epeen hasnt gotten any bigger.



    *points to sales figures*
    *Points to list of once exclusives games gone multiplatform*
    *Points to five hundred ninty nine US dollars*
    you are hopeless.

    Calling me names now? lol. You assume so much about me and are so wrong.
    no one called you a name in that quote, read again.

    You go ahead and continue spining the truth, the fact that you attempt to debate with me and then try to say the sales don't matter is comedy gold. "Lets discuss the sucess of a system but totally disregaurd how (un)sucessful it is."
    The only thing spinning here is your epeen. You obviously hate sony and have nothing concrete to back up what you say. Ill address you later after i get some sleep.

  8. #57
    Greetings from Hocotate! Hocotate's Avatar
    Member #
    19793
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    15
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Its funny how you make all these claims and then end with, its all premature to tell.
    You misinterpreted that.

    No, im not using EXCUSES to say the rising cost in budget is making it more pricey to have exlcusives.. im stating a FACT. you keep thinking these facts are opinions or excuses.. im telling you there is a trend for going multiplatform and the reasons why. Dont believe me, stop crying and do your own research.
    /sigh we already know why these games are going multiplatform. I keep saying this, I'll say it again and maybe this time you will understand: The PS3 is losing exclusives which in turn gives less of a reason to purchase the console for many, which in turn will cause the userbase to stay small, which means less incentive for developers to makes games for said platform. And we have a vicious cycle.

    Sales numbers for WHAT? just because you throw sales numbers doesnt make you smart, or make it relevant to the topic. YOU keep saying the wii has sold this much.. woopteedooo. Its a fact, no one is trashing the wii. But what does this have to do with the PS3? You say the PS3 is failing, but what does the wiis sales figures have to do with the PS3 "failing"? It has nothing to do with it. The ps3 did more sales thatn the 360s beginning launch period and now the 360 has sold close to 11 million units. Get it? the PS3 isnt failing.. because you can show off the Wiis sales numbers.
    Read what you just wrote there... So it is ok to compare the PS3's sales to the 360, but its not ok to compare it to the Wii? Hilarious.

    you are hopeless.
    So you are saying these are not important factors regarding the PS3's success? I think it is you who is "hopeless." Price, exclusive titles, and sales have everything to do with it.
    Last edited by Hocotate; 03-27-2007 at 07:11 AM.

  9. #58
    Game Wiizard WiiZero's Avatar
    Member #
    16092
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,729
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I read that in EGM I felt kinda bad for him when they called stores that had 'em

    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!


  10. #59
    WiiChat Member Androo's Avatar
    Member #
    19819
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    11
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    European launch made me lol!

    Oh and pls dont link me to the "PS3 outsold Wii at Euro launch, holds record bla bla bla" shit. The Wii didnt have enough units back then and it still doesnt have now. Last weekend the 360 outsold the PS3... thats really bad for sony and for third parties who want to make money off the system.

    Oh and how did GDC wow devs? If it did, Devil May Cry wouldn't have gone multiplatform. The PS2 had exclusives because devs knew that they would make most money off of it. Now devs know that they wont make a lot of money if they release it PS3 only. Wii currently holds the most exclusives games released and in-development with 360 very close behind.

    If Metal Gear or Final Fantasy go multiplatform.. the PS3 is officially dead. Mind you it will still sell, by dead I mean it doesnt come close to Wii or Xbox 360 numbers.
    Name: Androo
    What I want to use it for: Everything WiFi enabled.
    Wii Address Number: 7631 2391 5127 5867

    PM mii if you add me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts