LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

I heard the French bought 50 PS3s on launch day.

True?
    "Kids, let me tell you about another so-called "wicked" guy. He had long hair and some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was... I forget. But the point is... well, I forget that too. Marge, you know who I'm talking about. He used to drive that blue car?"

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    in paris they did
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    8719-1039-0148-7033
    why?
    or do you mean a total of 50 were sold in paris
    i got:

a wii console
    redsteel
    zelda
    2 wii remotes
    1 wii numchuk thingy

Member #
    Friends
    3085-1225-3534-6165
    Quote Originally Posted by steconway
    why?
    or do you mean a total of 50 were sold in paris
    The FNAC in Paris, had 1000 units ready for selling that evening. But only they sold 50 of them.
    They evencancelled all the speeches of "how good thePS3 is", etc by the boss of Sony, because nobody came to the Eiffel Tower....
    It was a big dissapointment in Paris.
    Also in London it was less than expected, maybe that is why Virgin Megstore gave free Sony TVs for people who where there wanting days before (lucky guys!!)

Here in Spain the sales aren´t that big. Or atleast I get the idea of finding units of the PS3 in most of the store. While with the Wii (9th dec. 2006) there wasn´t any unit available for weeks.

I guess the people are tired of waiting so long + removing some options of the European version (like the PS2 chip, it will now be done by Sostware) + the price of 600€ (no game included!)

So in France the selling is low....
    Signed.Johny
    Wii (was the first and only client and the first who bought it on launchday,9/12/2006, waited 10 minutes) 2 Extra Wiiremotes Plus + 2 Nunchakus + CLassic Game Controller + 1GB SD + WiiFit + GH + Band Rock (drum + Guitar) + 2 micros + Dj Hero + 2 Toy Story Zap Guns + Lasergun + Wifi Keyboard + Family Trainer + WiiBike
    Games: Too many to sum here

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    What a shame I could care less other people's opinion of the PS3 affects me in no way

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Thats cuz ur either stubborn or stupid. The system is not worth the price in a lot of peoples eyes. It might be a technologically superior product but overall its inferior to the Wii and the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Thats cuz ur either stubborn or stupid. The system is not worth the price in a lot of peoples eyes. It might be a technologically superior product but overall its inferior to the Wii and the 360.
    Yeah, thats not even close to the truth, the PS3 is pretty high-tech, not inferior

just expensive and has a lot of bugs to work out

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by CrowTRobot
    True?
    where did you hear that from?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by A RAND0M TAC0
    Yeah, thats not even close to the truth, the PS3 is pretty high-tech, not inferior

just expensive and has a lot of bugs to work out
    And it doesn't even have a lot of bugs -- firmware up to 1.6 has squished most of the annoying noticable ones -- it's just the price for most people, I think.

In France, overall -- 100,000 units were shipped, 78,000 were sold in two days. I would say that it isn't doing bad.

http://www.cnetfrance.fr/news/home-c...s3-de-sony.htm

For those who cannot read French, here is a translation using http://babelfish.altavista.com

In spite of one evening of launching missed, the sales of the PS3 of Sony start on the hats of wheels: 600 000 consoles sold in two days in Europe.

One should not be mistaken there, only the event organized for its exit did not meet awaited success. The sales of Playsation 3 build a pretty paperboard according to figures' advanced by Fujio Nishida, President de Sony Europe. These are 600 000 consoles which would have found taking in the two days following its exit on March 23, 2007.

In France, the figure confirmed by George Fornay, president de Sony Computer Entertainment France and vice-president of SCE Europe, rises to 78 000 PS3 over same the two days period. France positions behind England and its 173 000 units, but precedes Spain and Germany respectively third and fourth (the figures are not yet known). It east 24 % of better than the PS2 which had made "only" 63 000 sales in two days. Always according to George Fornay, the course of the 100 000 should be reached the next weekend.

For Sony, it would be largest success all consoles confused in France. Always according to the manufacturer Playstation 3 and its 78 000 units do better than Wii and Xbox, with respectively 75 000 and 49 000 consoles run out in two days. The shortage is not yet there, but at this rate/rhythm, the console is very quickly likely to be in out-of-stock condition in the majority of the stores.
    Last edited by SuperH; 03-28-2007 at 11:36 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    I think once the technology gets older the price of the Sony Playstation 3 will go down.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads