LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeet Rag
    You are an idiot. A wii party? Do people actually do that?
    yes, old people for sure. lol

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/fun.gam...eut/index.html

"Flora Dierbach, 72, chairs the entertainment committee at a sister facility owned by Erickson Retirement Communities in Chicago and helped arrange a Wii bowling tournament -- the latest Wii craze."

Member #
    Friends
    The quote from the Insomniac guy has a lot of logic behind it. I know many here wont even look at it without their own sad bais, and the remarks that will follow show it.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to show that the PS3 is both an amazing machine for consumers and developlers.

Sony did wow a lot of developers at GDC07. They do have third party support with a line up of their own titles. They do have the most advanced firmware on the market. Blue ray is good for developers. People just dont realize what gets sacrificed, dumbed down, and compressed when squezing games into reguar DVD roms.

Developers do like the PS3, Sony hasnt been offering them money for exclusives. Thats all you see and people are turning into something catastrophic, as if the PS3 is so bad the developers are running in fear. Which is not the case at all, the exact opposite actually.

As for the Wii being a fad? I wouldnt call it a fad persay, its simple fun. But like history has shown the fun factor will slow as time goes on. I like the Wii, but even I am not going to lie to myself and say it has a long future. This doesnt make the wii a worse system, but it will not be able to keep up in the long run. I believe Nintendo is aware of this, and i am interested in how they plan to move forward.

Member #
    Friends
    A wii party would be retarded....Maybe have a party and see if people want to play the wii for a bit. Calling it a wii party is stupid...That sounds like you are only having it to play the wii with some buddies, and thats all that you're doing

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Why do you always post these stupid guys saying their opinions? You might worship their words but sorry we dont. BTW you spelt your title wrong. Good Impression.

The guy says hes not biased but he obviously is. And half of those statements are crap anyways. Naming off a few of the Ps3's "Features" isnt prooving that its going to kick but. Sure hasnt yet. Him using 'Home' as his #1 reason kinda prooves he is a fanboy, i still dont see how thats going to be all the hype people say. Just look out your window.

His statement about the 'wii fad' was junk also, sure people will buy more Wiis. Thats not going to hurt Nintendo, all he basically said was the Wii Party would be fun and everyone would want their own Wii after and not want to come to his house cause of their own. lol.

Sure the PS3 has the most stuff, but look at the price they sacrificed to cram it all in.

Either way, im sure people here will treat every word like gold out of people like this. Sad really.

You can find the exact same type of people, saying the exact types of things about the 360 and the Wii. But you dont see us posting it here and boning over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Heres the funny part. Ive called the wii a fad over and over again. Yes its fun at first, but it gets old very quick. Even a dev at insomniac thinks the same way. Wii will have its greatness for a couple of years, but it will soon die out. It definitely wont have the strength to do the numbers the ps2 did. Same goes for the 360. The 360 could have been a great system, but the dvd drive is what is going to kill its future.
    You also said the Ps3 Europe launch would do extremely well.
    Last edited by PtonJalken; 03-28-2007 at 03:55 PM.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Sony did wow a lot of developers at GDC07. They do have third party support with a line up of their own titles. They do have the most advanced firmware on the market. Blue ray is good for developers. People just dont realize what gets sacrificed, dumbed down, and compressed when squezing games into reguar DVD roms.

Developers do like the PS3, Sony hasnt been offering them money for exclusives. Thats all you see and people are turning into something catastrophic, as if the PS3 is so bad the developers are running in fear. Which is not the case at all, the exact opposite actually.
    Interesting point. Having better hardware does allow developers more freedom in key areas like graphics, AI (sort of), the max# of objects on a screen, etc etc. You could also flip it towards the advantage of Nintendo in the area of creativity. Sure there's more performance related restrictions on what is allowed, but dang you get to try something new with programming for the wiimote and nunchuck!

As a developer (not gaming) I'd take 'fun' over hardware any day. It's true that really slow hardware can suck the fun in no time, but IMO the Wii hardware is adequate. I imagine QA testing for Wii games must be nuts, I wonder if they're decked out in workout clothes and replaced the Mountain Dew with Gatorade

In the end it's all about money, so what I think is fun doesn't matter to the higher ups, lol.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    His statement about the 'wii fad' was junk also, sure people will buy more Wiis. Thats not going to hurt Nintendo, all he basically said was the Wii Party would be fun and everyone would want their own Wii after and not want to come to his house cause of their own. lol.
    I agree. Simpler things like rubix cude, the hoola hoop, pogs, yoyo's etc are fads. However, something that is being updated all the time is no fad. Likewise, he assumes that people will be playing alone at home a lot instead of putting their own mii's on their wiimote and taking them to another person's house. There's plenty of games for the Wii both out now and coming out soon that will be multiplayer, and some might just be online too (Brawl for example). With the number of games going up, I think the Wii will be able to hold it's own. Also, take into account that more and more games are actually giving you the choice to play in a traditional style or a new style (Mortal Kombat Armageddon for example), this means that anyone who doesn't like using the wiimote for playing, doesn't have to.

You can find the exact same type of people, saying the exact types of things about the 360 and the Wii. But you dont see us posting it here and boning over it.
    Very true. It's quite sad that developers and even the big game companies are bowing down to the kinds of things "fanboys" are doing (such as calling the Wii, 2 gamecubes duck taped together or Microsoft's antics in the PS3 European launch). Not that I'm against fanboys, but to be taken seriously in an industry, people have to act like adults, which is not the case a lot of the time today.
    Last edited by Squall7; 03-28-2007 at 04:11 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    I have to agree with the guys point #4. I imagine loads of people will pay £400+ to watch 1 film.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    I have to agree with the guys point #4. I imagine loads of people will pay £400+ to watch 1 film.
    I think your missing the point altogether.
    People will want to watch their favorite movies on the best quality they can get. Take Terminator 2 for example. Why would people have bothered getting a dvd if they could watch it on a cheaper VHS. The point hes making is that Blue ray itself is not bad, and there is a GROWING market for it. Keyword is "growing". If people do want a blue ray player, they will get the cheapest one they can find, right now that seems to be the PS3. I dont know of any gamer who doesnt like movies also.

So there you have it

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    I think your missing the point altogether.
    People will want to watch their favorite movies on the best quality they can get. Take Terminator 2 for example. Why would people have bothered getting a dvd if they could watch it on a cheaper VHS. The point hes making is that Blue ray itself is not bad, and there is a GROWING market for it. Keyword is "growing". If people do want a blue ray player, they will get the cheapest one they can find, right now that seems to be the PS3. I dont know of any gamer who doesnt like movies also.

So there you have it
    During the Ps3's lifespan, im sure Bluray players will get much cheaper to combat that.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    During the Ps3's lifespan, im sure Bluray players will get much cheaper to combat that.
    Of course thats inevitable however by saying this, you acknowlege the ps3 will have a long life span? Sony is controlling blue ray very carefully. The more profit starts to flood in from the secondary market and games the lower Sony can price their systems.

Ads