Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457

Whatever you do I can do better

That pretty much sums up what may happen this year between Sony and Microsoft. The 360 is launching a 120gb hard drive, and later a Blue Ray player! Let me repeat that, the 360 may be getting a Blue Ray player. Not to be outdone Sony is now considering improvements of their own. Memory card slots for the PS3 would own. Thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...stnews;title;0
    Last edited by sagema; 03-29-2007 at 01:42 PM.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    That pretty much sums up what may happen this year between Sony and Microsoft. The 360 is launching a 120gb hard drive, and later a Blue Ray player! Let me repeat that, the 360 may be getting a Blue Ray player. Not to be outdone Sony is now considering improvements of their own. Memory card slots for the PS3 would own. Thoughts?

http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_bl...stnews;title;0

Microsofts announced larger hardrive is part of their plan on turning the xbox into a Tivo system. For those of you who dont know, Tivo automatically records your favorite shows, movies, news..ect even when you are not there. Its basically a way to watch a show if you are not there to see it.

What we do know with Sony's PS3 is that they were thinking of planning a shift in hardware and i dont think its just the hard drive. I was under the impression they plan on changing one of the systems so its price will go down, not up. However as we dont know the details, its pure speculation.

The thing concerning Microsoft and blue ray is shakey to say the least. It was announced by Moore that they would consider making an EXTERNAL blue ray drive for the xbox if the customers wanted it. Just because they consider it means in no way it will happen.
    But heres the next interesting part, if they do make an external drive for it, its main focus would be on movie playback. You wont see many if not any games made for a system that requires its customers to purchase an external blueray disk drive. There for the only reason to purchase it would be for movies.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    So its possible a new 80G PS3 is coming out huh? Whats that gonna cost people? I'm guessing 800 by the time they've put in all the new fance gadgets they can stuff into that ugly monstrosity. Anyways that 700-800 for the machine and then around the same amount for a decent HDTV. sony sure knows how to push a product. I don't understand how they think this is going to help the situation but w/e. Its their jobs on the line.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    So its possible a new 80G PS3 is coming out huh? Whats that gonna cost people? I'm guessing 800 by the time they've put in all the new fance gadgets they can stuff into that ugly monstrosity. Anyways that 700-800 for the machine and then around the same amount for a decent HDTV. sony sure knows how to push a product. I don't understand how they think this is going to help the situation but w/e. Its their jobs on the line.
    Didnt look like you read the article. Sont most likely wont raise prices at all, rather its possible to have an upgraded system for the same price. They are working on having a lower priced system as well, but the system is still in its infancy, it will be timed accordingly. Good job at being biased by the way.

Fully NextGen Enabled retro_joe's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Funny how Microsoft was saying not long ago that having blueray was useless, seeing as they could "Make games just as stunning as a PS3's on a normal DVD"... lol

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by retro_joe
    Funny how Microsoft was saying not long ago that having blueray was useless, seeing as they could "Make games just as stunning as a PS3's on a normal DVD"... lol
    You weren't paying ANY attention. It's external. Used solely for movies. MOVIES. Not GAMES. Now stfu and gtfo.

And that's just like this, anyways. It's funny that Sony Rep's said that Rumble was unnecessary and last-gen, yet they're supposedly bringing it back.
    Last edited by VampiricLugia; 03-29-2007 at 05:33 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by VampiricLugia
    And that's just like this, anyways. It's funny that Sony Rep's said that Rumble was unnecessary and last-gen, yet they're supposedly bringing it back.
    No the real reason was that Immersion was filing lawsuits against Sony for their rumble technology. Microsoft and Nintendo payed off Immersion earlier after their problems, now its sonys turn. Notice how none of the companies went into the open to admit it. Its not uncommon for a business to want and downplay the legal problems they face. They couldnt get rumble in intime for launch, thats it. Dont forget Sony's dualshock controller has won numerous awards for its design, it would seem strange for sony to let that go.

Member #
    Friends
    no you cant!

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    8853-1952-9704-6115
    yes i can!

Thanks Star Striker for the sig.

Support the Third Parties!
    Buy Zack and Wiki
    and
    No More Heroes

Member #
    Friends
    no you cant!

*AND YES! YOU ROCK NIC7!!! i didnt think anyone would reply with the right response*

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads