LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    adf3424sdff
    the brand, how long are they gonna keep the darn 'playstation' name going? Its just boring now

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Price.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by lee.jarratt
    the brand, how long are they gonna keep the darn 'playstation' name going? Its just boring now
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a franchise doesnt it? If it aint broke, dont fix it. The name of the product really shouldnt matter anyways. I think if you are going to give a reason, it has to be a little bit more concrete than what you just said, which is purely subjective and definately childish.

Member #
    Friends
    Price the lack of games, and I do agree the controller needs changed big time it was ok for the PS2, but they can't come up with anything different I don't think they thought they needed to change the console name cuz it was a huge hit for the PS1 and PS2 lets say if Sony came up with a different name people will say what happened to the playstation?
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blogman54
    Price the lack of games, and I do agree the controller needs changed big time it was ok for the PS2, but they can't come up with anything different I don't think they thought they needed to change the console name cuz it was a huge hit for the PS1 and PS2 lets say if Sony came up with a different name people will say what happened to the playstation?
    I agree about the controller, its good but sometimes its good to have something new and more adaptable. I was hoping they would make (and they still might) a transformer like controller, that can be altered to fit specific styles of games. I know for a fact sony stuck with their dual shock design with the sixaxis due to legal battles, so lets see what they come up with now that they are getting to use the rumble feature again.

adf3424sdff

idiot fool ragger eye

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Kind of defeats the purpose of a franchise doesnt it? If it aint broke, dont fix it. The name of the product really shouldnt matter anyways. I think if you are going to give a reason, it has to be a little bit more concrete than what you just said, which is purely subjective and definately childish.
    What the hell is wrong with you, thats my ****in reason ok. retard

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Price. This was the same company that launched the PS1 games at $40. Back in the day of price hikes that went as high as $80 a game. Sony set the standard for low game prices. It's sad to see the opposite in effect for the PS3.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Obviously Price.

Sony failed to understand they need to balance power and price.

All 3 companies could of made the same thing almost if they wanted, but they would all be massively expensive.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    The #1 problem HAS to be the weight of the thing. There have been reports of grown men, although not well built grown men, using OAP shopping trolleys to carry the thing home. If that kind of experience is your first encounter with the console it is bound to put many people off.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Price. This was the same company that launched the PS1 games at $40. Back in the day of price hikes that went as high as $80 a game. Sony set the standard for low game prices. It's sad to see the opposite in effect for the PS3.
    This was a very good response. Obviously written by someone who has lived through the beginning of video game history as I have. Sony Playstation offered a nice alternative to the Sega/Nintendo owned universe. The Sony brand name helped it get taken seriously. Many people have issue with the "Sony" brand name. I personally liked what Sony was in the 80s-90s. They were higher end electronics with very competitive pricing. I don't know if it has to do with their current leadership, but someone has driven that company straight into the ground.

Ads