LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7527 1826 6337 6464
    if gamecube was a failure, we woulda seen wii MUCH MUCH sooner. besides, if already fact that nintendo made Profits off the Gamecube so its not a failure, millions of people owned, plenty of titles were hits.

Virtual boy was a failure... Neogeo...Jaguar...those are failures.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon
    for 600 bucks Im not buying for most of those games I bet 1/2 of those games will be on the 360, I bought a PS2 and had no fun with it because im just not int Sony games, Nintendo has always done a good job at making the types of games I like. And if the PS3 does not keep Kingdom hearts or Final Fantsy as a exclusive there done, end of story.
    very tre in fact there have been rumours that square enix have been having doubt with the ps3 and are considering returning to nintendo

in fact the first final fantasy game (which as you probably know was on NES) saved the company

Member #
    Friends
    The PS3 is just like the Wii, Both are waiting for new games, it happen's to all new systems. As far as the PS3 Loosing exculives, i could care less. I wouldn't buy a Multi Platform game in the near future. I bought the PS3 so that i could play TRUE HD quality games. That means I wanted the Blue Ray drive so that the developers could put true HD Content without worring about space.

True, the PS3 isn't for everyone... It can be helped that some gamers have no clue.

EQDruid

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    No such thing as TRUE HD. Just HD
    which is anything above 480
    720 = HD
    1080 = HD etc

I know some gamers have no clue - they bought a ps3!

As for blu-ray - won't matter. All games will be 360 ports so the extra space won't be usued to its full potential.
    Also the blu-ray player is rubbish. loading times will be huge.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    No such thing as TRUE HD. Just HD
    which is anything above 480
    720 = HD
    1080 = HD etc
    Yes there is, theres a lot of HD claims but not many actually deliever on it. Full HD lets you have a medium that can read HD visuals (which require loads of disk space) and display them on HDCP TVs at the highest maximum resolution. You can still have something push up the rez but its pointless if the in game/movie files are not offering up more detailed display information as well. You are more than welcome to take a look at screenies showing the difference.

Wii does not include HD. 360 only offers gameplay from a regular dvd but requires you to pay 200 bucks more for an HD drive in which the games are not going use and the PS3 combines it all into one package, you have the option for using all the latest resolutions and its Blue Ray offers more for high quality content to be displayed upon the HDtvs at MAX resolution.

I know some gamers have no clue - they bought a ps3!

As for blu-ray - won't matter. All games will be 360 ports so the extra space won't be usued to its full potential.
    Also the blu-ray player is rubbish. loading times will be huge.
    I bought a PS3 and I love it. The load times are normal, not to long at all and the game play is smooth. Its no different than me loading up a lastest gen game on my PC. As for your claim taht all games will be 360 ports.. well you are wrong and you know it. TheDarkness, (the perfect example) is a game being made as a multiplatformer for 360 and PS3. They say that the PS3 allows them to add much more streaming content into the game and therefor using the blue ray the PS3 version of the game will include MORE audio-visuals and streaming media. Dont forget there are quite a few exclusives on the horizon, and every PS3 game has some extra content that is brought to HOME.

No, when its multiplatform its multiplatform, no ports. Sorry to dissapoint you.
    But hey, you dont own a PS3 i take it, so why moan about it and pretend like you know everything about it right?

Member #
    Friends
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    I'm not trying to get into the arguing here, but what stops M$ from making the HD-DVD capable of playing games?
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jledesma
    I'm not trying to get into the arguing here, but what stops M$ from making the HD-DVD capable of playing games?
    The fact that their HD-DVD drive is an addon that costs $200. So basically your xbox can have two dvd roms, one external. This puts the price at the same level as the PS3, and developers will not rely on their games only being playable with the idea that everyone will go out and buy a second dvd rom drive just to play the games.

Microsoft would have been wise to include the HDvd-Drive like Sony includes blueray. Right now, xbox games are being pirated like crazy. All it takes is one simple dvd.

Member #
    Friends
    6520-0310-8610-0194
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    The fact that their HD-DVD drive is an addon that costs $200. So basically your xbox can have two dvd roms, one external. This puts the price at the same level as the PS3, and developers will not rely on their games only being playable with the idea that everyone will go out and buy a second dvd rom drive just to play the games.

Microsoft would have been wise to include the HDvd-Drive like Sony includes blueray. Right now, xbox games are being pirated like crazy. All it takes is one simple dvd.
    Good point. Sill, from a bussiness point of view, by doing this you could make users want than add-on (read force users to buy).

I guess my question should have been clarified by asking: TECHNICALLY what stops M$ from making the HD-DVD able to play games?
    En México ya nos DESPEJAMOS!! <-- Local Joke

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jledesma
    I guess my question should have been clarified by asking: TECHNICALLY what stops M$ from making the HD-DVD able to play games?
    They are capable of doing it, just the problem is they are not.

Member #
    Friends
    Hmm quite an interesting thread.

I think anyone who believes that Sony put the Blueray in to advance games is deluding themselves. They put it in just to push their Blueray format and Sony's formats mostly have had a notoriously poor success rate.

Most games are multi platform as that increases sales, except for exclusive games which is something that the PS3 appears to be losing rapidly. Will developers really think about adding 10 times the content to a PS3 game over a 360 game? Of course they won't as the average 360/PS3 game already comes in at over the $8 million mark to produce, with some possibly going as high as $30 million. They will think of the easiest and cheapest way to get their game out on all the systems and most will probably just use duplicate code on the Blueray to cut down the slow loading times. No 3rd party publisher will consider probably doubling the development costs just for PS3 as it dosen't yet have a large enough user base for it to be profitable, they need to sell over 500000 copies of a game to make any kind of profit at all so i wouldn't expect to see any 50GB games appearing any time soon. Unless of course Sony themselves produce them. Sadly the PS3 may need 360 ports just to be able to survive.

If Sony had offered the Blueray as an add on like the 360 HD drive then it could have retailed for around the same price as the 360 and i think then it would have been the winner easily due to the huge PS2 fan base. As it is, it kind of reminds me of the 3DO more than the Gamecube and if Sony dosen't smarten up then it could go the same way as the Matsuhisa machine did (and they were a bigger company than Sony too).

The PS3 really is a great machine with some cutting edge technology but i think ultimately it may be too far ahead of its time and the price point too high for the average gamer who dosen't even have a HDTV yet.

Ads