Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Your point?

Certified Public Asshole Kamikaze's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1130-2954-1680-3052
    The article I wrote about the Ps3 does speak of this, as losing Virtua Fighter 5, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament, and Devil May Cry have been huge losses toward the system.

If I don't know you, and if I don't talk to you on the forums, don't send me a friend request. I won't add you and will not give you an explanation.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    The article I wrote about the Ps3 does speak of this, as losing Virtua Fighter 5, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament, and Devil May Cry have been huge losses toward the system.
    Huge losses? mmm i wouldnt go that far. GTA was the most important title there and its going to be shared between the PS3 and the 360. You make it seem as if these exclusives wont appear on the PS3 at all. I really think people are over exagerating. The PS3 is aiming to offer more from the game in HOME. So perhaps thats one reason to pick it over the 360, then perhaps not. Either way people are over reacting because both systems still get the games.

Metal Gear Solid 4 is still an exclusive and will stay one thankfully.
    interview (4.2.2007)
    ....Pity. So, Devil May Cry 4, going multiplatform. Thoughts? Comments? "I think it's up to each project, and the individual producer", he says. "If they want to take it multiplatform, they will". I'm going somewhere with this question, and he knows exactly where that is...

"But like I said, MGS4 is aimed for the movie theatre, it's aimed for the PS3, so the game's scenario and graphics need this theatre-type hardware. It's when a producer has a game that can work on the 'DVD level' that a game will go multiplatform", he says. Sorry kids. Your "OMGMGS4360" banners will have to come out another day.

Since we've opened up this can of worms, I may as well get his thoughts on it. Why, I ask, do you think this rumour simply refuses to go away? "Because 360 owners want it on 360, obviously", he quips.....
    Phil Harrison offered a very candid response to concerns that PS3 doesn't have enough third-party exclusives. When asked if it was concerning that a game such as Grand Theft Auto IV was being released simultaneously on PS3 and Xbox 360, Harrison did not appear worried.

He stressed that third-party exclusives would come in good time. The newly-announced PlayStation Edge toolset is expected to help ease development for PS3, particularly for cross-platform titles. Titles using PS Edge could come as early as this fall, because the tools are "simple to implement."

As for losing GTA IV, Harrison said that the PlayStation 3 was not suitable to be the exclusive home of Rockstar's upcoming title. "I don't think PS3 has the install base to support Rockstar's investment in GTA IV on its own," Harrison told the assembled bloggers. The first next-gen Grand Theft Auto game likely cost Rockstar considerable money and development time. That being such, it couldn't have sold enough copies on PS3 alone to make exclusivity worthwhile. In the future, as the number of PS3s in homes grows, it should become easier to nab major exclusives.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-02-2007 at 10:11 PM.

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    How are PS3 numbers going to grow if it doesn't have exclusive titles? Anyone else see the catch 22 here?

I'm not going to buy a PS3 when I can play the games on 360?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandonMcAuslan
    How are PS3 numbers going to grow if it doesn't have exclusive titles? Anyone else see the catch 22 here?

I'm not going to buy a PS3 when I can play the games on 360?
    New exclusive titles would be nice from all 3 next gen consoles.

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Lol its funny how desperate you sony supporters sound when it comes to exclusives to the p$3. I can only imagine the insanity that will occur if and once MGS4 goes multiplatformer. As for the value it doesn't have any right now and 3-4 exclusive games won't make a huge difference for the average person

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze
    The article I wrote about the Ps3 does speak of this, as losing Virtua Fighter 5, Grand Theft Auto, Unreal Tournament.....
    what have i missed? unreal tournament being an exclusive?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Lol its funny how desperate you sony supporters sound when it comes to exclusives to the p$3. I can only imagine the insanity that will occur if and once MGS4 goes multiplatformer. As for the value it doesn't have any right now and 3-4 exclusive games won't make a huge difference for the average person
    For you im guessing you cant wait for the release MGS4 through MGS10. Dont you think it would be nice to see more new excusives on the next gen consoles?

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    I guess you didnt bother reading the above posts and the quotes there in. MGS4 will be an exclusive for sony. The game designer for it basically said the other systems on the market are not set up to run MGS4 and that the PS3 is the only system that can run it the way he wants. Every console will have some good exclusives, just people are too impatient to wait for them.

Ads