LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: p$3 in the UK

  1. #11
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    So with the ps3 sales in the UK , there was a massive spike at launch (fastest selling uk launch console) then demand dropped quickly. Well that may just have been a slow week perhaps? Or maybe just the majority who wanted one purchased one at launch.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  2. #12
    You're kidding, right? Minto's Avatar
    Member #
    8233
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    What do you expect
    All the fanboys/grahpics whores have got there console
    So now no one wants it
    thats what i said
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

  3. #13
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Simply put.

    New system comes out + lots of pre-orders = sales spike. After those 85% pre-orders are out of the way, the sales go to NORMAL mode.

    The sales didnt drop in the way that you are hoping, rather, upon launch all those pre-orders were dealt with. So, no they didnt lose 80% of their sales.

    Think of it like an opening weekend for a movie. The new movie "fanboys on ice" comes out, first weekend everyone has their tickets bought and camps outside waiting for midnight when the movie starts. That weekend the sales are high because its.. well opening weekend. Then the following week it goes to a normal pace. In the movie world, they seperate opening week profits and and then consecutive following week sales.

    The same goes for the gaming industry. Its launch week sales and then its regular sales following.

    Im not suprised you didnt understand this.

  4. #14
    WiiChat Member WiiGod's Avatar
    Member #
    5368
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    251
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtmnt
    "I'm not at all surprised." is fanboyism.
    Hardly really fanboyism, just because one is not surprised by this fall of another console simply does not make them a "fanboy". I am not really surprised by this fall either, it was simply logical. By you assuming that this is faboyism, surely this makes you a fanboy as you seem to be defending "your console".

    Calling people fanboy's really seems to just be another way to insult a user of another console. Maybe you should leave your insults at the door.

    The recent fall of the rate in PS3 sales is logical because, everyone who really wanted one got there's at launch as there were plenty in stock. Time will tell however this could be a setback to reality for Sony.


    Spoiler Alert!

  5. #15
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Simply put.

    New system comes out + lots of pre-orders = sales spike. After those 85% pre-orders are out of the way, the sales go to NORMAL mode.

    The sales didnt drop in the way that you are hoping, rather, upon launch all those pre-orders were dealt with. So, no they didnt lose 80% of their sales.

    Think of it like an opening weekend for a movie. The new movie "fanboys on ice" comes out, first weekend everyone has their tickets bought and camps outside waiting for midnight when the movie starts. That weekend the sales are high because its.. well opening weekend. Then the following week it goes to a normal pace. In the movie world, they seperate opening week profits and and then consecutive following week sales.

    The same goes for the gaming industry. Its launch week sales and then its regular sales following.

    Im not suprised you didnt understand this.
    I don't think it's the fact that he didn't understand it, I think it's more of a case of the scale at which it is displayed.

    Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  6. #16
    WiiChat Member kidtmnt's Avatar
    Member #
    16618
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    167
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    I don't think it's the fact that he didn't understand it, I think it's more of a case of the scale at which it is displayed.

    Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...
    Dont be so down Squall7. Here's something that should cheer up. Super Paper Mario will be released next week

  7. #17
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtmnt
    Dont be so down Squall7. Here's something that should cheer up. Super Paper Mario will be released next week
    Err, not really what I meant, but I am looking forward to Paper Mario. Though haven't found a reasonably price copy of the Gamecube Paper Mario.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  8. #18
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Considering some were crying out for "the best launch ever", this is one hell of a downer...
    But once the launch is over, did they expect the sales to stay the same? Im not sure thats precisely the case. It did have a strong launch, PS3 is beating the xbox360 in terms of initial early month sales.

    I think the only system that has the same demand as its launch is the Wii, but then thats also a combination of price and the fact that many buy the system just to resell it for twice the price. Check out ebay and you will see people have wiis in the bulkloads, one person buys maybe 4-10 wiis in one outing, then sells them all over north america to stupid people who are buy them for a lot more.

    What would be funny, is if we found out that the wii is being bought by terrorist because the systems include a chip they can use for bombs or missles. I believe that happened with one of the other consoles in the past where Iran.. iraq.. cant remember, was buying a ton of video game consoles because one of the chips could be used for their missles. Funny stuff.

  9. #19
    You're kidding, right? Minto's Avatar
    Member #
    8233
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    1,232
    Friends
    2
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0505-6993-9515-7982
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    But once the launch is over, did they expect the sales to stay the same? Im not sure thats precisely the case. It did have a strong launch, PS3 is beating the xbox360 in terms of initial early month sales.

    I think the only system that has the same demand as its launch is the Wii, but then thats also a combination of price and the fact that many buy the system just to resell it for twice the price. Check out ebay and you will see people have wiis in the bulkloads, one person buys maybe 4-10 wiis in one outing, then sells them all over north america to stupid people who are buy them for a lot more.

    What would be funny, is if we found out that the wii is being bought by terrorist because the systems include a chip they can use for bombs or missles. I believe that happened with one of the other consoles in the past where Iran.. iraq.. cant remember, was buying a ton of video game consoles because one of the chips could be used for their missles. Funny stuff.
    i like wii mmmmmmmm wii
    Steam ID: Mintoisking
    Xbox live GT: Sir Minto
    PSN ID: Mintoisgod

  10. #20
    I GOT A JAR OF DIRT. surfinrach90's Avatar
    Member #
    10310
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,480
    Friends
    7
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by kidtmnt
    i0n could be Mr. Shiftfallout

    Aren't you the one that made the thread about Cameron being Shiftfallout?

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts