LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    OH okay...lol. Now that makes sense. But still it doesn't really bother me. As for Microsoft not worrying about the Wii...they are in a position to believe that although I don't believe for a second that Nintendo isn't a threat to them in terms of sales. Bottom line though in regards to this thread is, "An eye for eye". sony's move next.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    OH okay...lol. Now that makes sense. But still it doesn't really bother me. As for Microsoft not worrying about the Wii...they are in a position to believe that although I don't believe for a second that Nintendo isn't a threat to them in terms of sales. Bottom line though in regards to this thread is, "An eye for eye". sony's move next.
    Oh i have no doubt they truly are worried about the Wii. But i cant see them disabling people's wiis for things since Nintendo is a better ally at this point then an enemy.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    ps3s arent really made for hotmail. jus use a computer. simple

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by PtonJalken
    Microsoft arent threatened by the Wii, they've stated it before. They even know that alot of people are doing the Wii60 which is boosting both sales. I doubt they would try anything that dumb. (And dont forget, Sony has tried giving freebies for their Ps3 also, didnt help too much)
    I said that as a hypothetical question followed by the comment that I think no one will ever feel threatened over the Wii. Reason being is Wii is on a different level than the PS3 and Xbox. Its like in boxing, you have heavy weight and feather weight. The Wii is the only feather weight system in the ring, but for the heavy weights microsoft has sony. The wii is cheap and accessable enought that it makes a good companion system for one of the heavy weights (360/ps3).

Sony giving out freebies to their owners is a bit different than Microsoft giving freebies that say 360 loves you to PS3 customers. See the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by mk_south_london
    ps3s arent really made for hotmail. jus use a computer. simple
    I agree computers are usually the best choice for everything.. but where does it say the PS3s are not for browsing the internet and checking email? PS3s are build to be multifunctional, even the Wii has a browser. Your argument can be that the wiis are not really made for hotmail also. But i think that would be a bit off.. if your console is made to view the internet, it should not be blocked purely because you are using a different brand console to view it.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-08-2007 at 01:02 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    I highly doubt Microsoft set out to specifically work against Sony, not that it's not below them to attempt such a thing, it's just that, as far as I know, the PS3 doesn't broadcast to a website that it is, in fact, a PS3. It's quite possible that the user simply doesn't have cookies enabled...
    ~Well, it's been the ruin of many a poor boy and God, I know I'm one ~

Member #
    Friends
    1182-9984-2366-3934
    You all have to understand. Competition is competition. Microsoft wants to be the juggernaut of the video gaming industry, but they need to understand Sony and Nintendo are the veterans..Microsoft is trying to make a name for itself in the video gaming industry and it did a hella good job on the 360.

I know that move Microsoft pulled off is a scandal..But if you want to see your hotmail account, just use your computer.
    Wii Favorites: The BIGs, Godfather, Super Mario Galaxy, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario

*NeW* Super Smash Bros Brawl

I'm Accepting All Friend Requests!! Just PM Me, Telling Me Your FC So I Can Add You Back!!!! [Note: Well, WiFi isnt working for me, but send anyway, i'll try to get it back up as soon as possible]

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymdawg
    I highly doubt Microsoft set out to specifically work against Sony, not that it's not below them to attempt such a thing, it's just that, as far as I know, the PS3 doesn't broadcast to a website that it is, in fact, a PS3. It's quite possible that the user simply doesn't have cookies enabled...
    Nope. Otherwise i wouldnt have posted this now..would i?

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    Its going to get more interesting when Apple gets into the mix with their attempts at Gaming consoles. Cause if you think this is bad, wait till you see Apples methods of dealing with competitors.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Hotmail is a piece of crap. It gets backhacked(people hack the server) all the time. If you set your cookies to high security you can't login to Hotmail. Sony should see that as an advantage. The PS3 is too secure to allow Hotmail to run.

BTW I still use Hotmail. Why? Because it gives me 10mb attachment space, and it's much faster than Yahoo.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    most people that buy ps3's are the type of guys that REALLY annoy me. but its still vry bastard like of microsoft. Also, nintendo IS a threat to microsoft, but i think you guys are forgetting that nintendo and microsoft are working together to crush ps3 before it has a chance to take off. (which it wont anyway)

The wii vs Xbox thing has been put on hold, right now the PS3 is the target for both companies.

Ads