LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Results 81 to 88 of 88
  1. #81
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Hold on now shift. i never said it will never be better. When you are quoting , please quote right. But i am shock to see that squall7 is the only one who can see why i said he was provoking

  2. Ads


  3. #82
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Hold on now shift. i never said it will never be better. When you are quoting , please quote right. But i am shock to see that squall7 is the only one who can see why i said he was provoking
    please make sure you pay attention to the wordage i use. I said "Example". I did not say i was quoting you word for word. Please get it right.

    I could also see him as provoking, but your repsonse was on the same level as his.

    "Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......." <-- you are claiming a fact, saying that in no way in hell is it better. First you say its not better, then you say it might be better in some ways, but then you do a 180 again and say it not better.

    Am i the only one who sees the irony in this?

  4. #83
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    ... they are very similar. Sure one uses more "colorful" words but they are the exact same thing. Its funny to respond by saying its provoking and then saying the same thing afterwards.
    Colourful has nothing to do with it. Besides, I didn't say the other provoking. Read my post again if you don't believe me. Now responding by saying "The Wii is soooooooo much better can't you people see that? there is no comparison. The PS3 doesn't stand a chance against the Wii. " is being just as bad.

    The point is, both make claims and leave no room for debate.
    Was it really meant to be a debate, or statements? And that isn't the point at all. The point is, is that a person who said something that is negatively provocative to a lot of people on here was commented on, and you deemed that comment just as bad as the 1st comment.

    Thats the same thing. example A) "there is no comparision, cant you people see that? the ps3 wins hands down" B) "no the ps3 is not better, it will never be better"
    Both reach the same result, the only difference is the choice of words.
    Those are not the same thing. If I said "anyone who likes the PS3 wants their heads looking at" and you replied "The PS3 isn't that bad, it's just as good as the Wii", would you be as bad as me?

    In this they are similar and both sides would find it provoking.
    Because he provided a counterpoint? Not even a diametrically opposed counterpoint! It may have caused you to think, but all language does that. Hotpotatos comment wasn't designed to insult however.

    This is not based on perspective, but logic.
    All language is based on perspective, whether it be the narrator, a third person or the reader.

    Logically, the first comment is a statement in a negatively provative manner, followed by a null point, followed by an unprovable opinion.

    The second comment would a counter statement, followed by a fact.

    "Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......." <-- you are claiming a fact, saying that in no way in hell is it better. First you say its not better, then you say it might be better in some ways, but then you do a 180 again and say it not better.

    Am i the only one who sees the irony in this?
    He isn't doing a 180. He's not being as concise as he could be, but he isn't doing a 180. What he's basically saying is that "It's not overall better, even though certain aspects ARE better than the Wii's". Oh, and putting words into his mouth "no way in hell" is adding subtext which isn't there. He's not aggressive when he says it isn't better, he's neutral in stating a fact.
    Last edited by Squall7; 04-19-2007 at 01:16 PM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  5. #84
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    well squal you are entitled to your opinion. And we all how "right" opinions are.

  6. #85
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    please make sure you pay attention to the wordage i use. I said "Example". I did not say i was quoting you word for word. Please get it right.

    I could also see him as provoking, but your repsonse was on the same level as his.

    "Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better......." <-- you are claiming a fact, saying that in no way in hell is it better. First you say its not better, then you say it might be better in some ways, but then you do a 180 again and say it not better.

    Am i the only one who sees the irony in this?
    Shift i have heard you debate with me on somethings before But this by far is the worst.

    are you serious shift about the 180 statement? Dude you are truly sounding like a fanboy right about now.... shift of all people said that. WHOA thats amazing. You and me know that all consoles hae their advantages and disadvantages. That's all my statement meant when it said it may be better in some ways but its not better. He was trying to make it seems as if, the ps3 is a zillion times better. and i was simply saying it is not. How could you not see that shift.....Now if i had said it is not better and the wii is sooo much better then you would be right. But we all know all consoles have their flaws.

    it surprise me because you are the one always talking about i'm always putting content where there is non lol..... I'm not sayig that hell no its not better. I can't say that because everybody have different taste... but don't but meaning into my post please. The only way you could say i was saying that, was if i was exaggerating like the other dude. but i was simply trying to say there is faults to the ps3 to now. So don't make it seems as if, it is that much betterrrr

  7. #86
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    well squal you are entitled to your opinion. And we all how "right" opinions are.
    True we are, but opinions and facts are different.

    I agree to disagree on the idea of hotpotato78's comments were as bad as TwistedMind26's.

    Was it meant to be along the lines of "And we all know how "right" opinions are"? If so then I agree. Sometimes, especially with something as vague as a system being "better" than another, there is no "right" or wrong, there is only how much we value the different aspects of each system which makes us more or less suited to one or the other. However, this doesn't include the certain aspects which are better or worse (say backwards compatibility in Europe for example, or web browsers), in which functionality does deem one more efficient or funtional than the other.
    Last edited by Squall7; 04-19-2007 at 02:54 PM.


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  8. #87
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Shift i have heard you debate with me on somethings before But this by far is the worst.

    are you serious shift about the 180 statement? Dude you are truly sounding like a fanboy right about now.... shift of all people said that. WHOA thats amazing. You and me know that all consoles hae their advantages and disadvantages. That's all my statement meant when it said it may be better in some ways but its not better. He was trying to make it seems as if, the ps3 is a zillion times better. and i was simply saying it is not. How could you not see that shift.....Now if i had said it is not better and the wii is sooo much better then you would be right. But we all know all consoles have their flaws.

    it surprise me because you are the one always talking about i'm always putting content where there is non lol..... I'm not sayig that hell no its not better. I can't say that because everybody have different taste... but don't but meaning into my post please. The only way you could say i was saying that, was if i was exaggerating like the other dude. but i was simply trying to say there is faults to the ps3 to now. So don't make it seems as if, it is that much betterrrr
    haha ok.

    So you are saying you dont see anything wrong or ironic with this statement:

    ""Dude the ps3 is not better. it may be better in some ways but it is not better.......""

    I am pointing out a simple truth to your statement, you say the ps3 is not better, then you say it may be better, then you go back and say its not better.

    Nothing more. Take it as you will. I think that you responded very similarly to the guy you were jumping on. I dont agree with his approach either.

  9. #88
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Shift for the last time lol. all i am saying is there are reason it is better because there are afew catergories when it comes to games and consoles. But all i was simply trying to say is. They have their disadvantages and advantages. but from that statement i made you know there is depth to it. and i just didn't feel like going through all of that. Shift i still can't see why you don't see that. but part of the statement was talking about overall and the next part was tallking about in catergories.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts