LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U

But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters
    Why are we fanboys but your "Nintendo supporters"? Sony supporters, like myself, have invested in more then just Sony games. I have a Sony Handycam, Sony VAIO and Sony Plasma TV. To me Sony doesnt want to make something just to get a quick buck as all the things i have i have had other companies as well and they dont stand up to any Sony product.

I have been around for a while and i have never seen a game company that doesnt rely on a single game. I know you think "Final Fantasy" but Final Fantasy was on NES and didnt save Nintendo but Square from bankrupcy. When Final Fantasy left for Sony the only reason it was bigger then its previous ones was due to the fact it was easier to obtain the the SNES carts were. It has left a deeper impression on Sony's life line but would it be why the PS sold like it did? No. Would it be considered Sonys mascot? Most deffinitly not.

Kingdom Hearts is also something people use to justify their claims that Sony has few good games but this didnt come until 2002 while the system itself was out in 2000. Plus it doesnt explain the burst of PS1 sales that killed anything in its path. Was it the turning point for Sony? No. It was producing great games such as Devil May Cry, Ape Escape, Grand Theft Auto, Metal Gear Solid and much much more.

Has Sony ever needed to rely on a single game? Not as far back as the PS1, and they never will. People will still say the only games that make the PS famous are the ones that stand out but thats not true. Sony has no mascot, if they lose a game to third party it wont hurt them like if Microsoft lost Halo or Nintendo lost Mario.

As far as knowing what consumers want, yes they do. Nintendo is the God of knowing what a consumer wants. Quality products has not been what they are known for as of late. Cheap fads is what consumers want, mostly the kids. They know this, when something becomes "cool" everyone will buy into it. Saying this is not a fad would be a blaitent lie.

Im not a fanboy, im a Sony supporter.
    Last edited by GamerCon; 05-23-2007 at 11:25 PM.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon

When Final Fantasy left for Sony the only reason it was bigger then its previous ones was due to the fact it was easier to obtain the the SNES carts were. It has left a deeper impression on Sony's life line but would it be why the PS sold like it did? No. Would it be considered Sonys mascot? Most deffinitly not.
    Agree completely, but a large part of the reason square left nintendo (and many other japanese developers) is also due to the fact that nintendo broke dealings with another japanese company in favor of a european company (phillips). This "betrayal" as the japanese put it, caused many japanese devepopers to support sony as a fellow japanese business over nintendo which did something very taboo at the time. We are still seeing the after effects of nintendos betrayal.. and it was because like pearl harbor, they fooled sony which supported them and left them hanging only to team up with another company that was outside japan.

What many do not realize is that even though sony is japanese at origin, it is still an international company which is run by many from all around the world.
    I personally believe sony is part of the future and they deserve and also must be promted to develope future technology.

sony started off as a small radio repair shop which turned into a radio company providing the best portable radio ever, and then developed into bringing new technology to the consumer in a manner that mainstreamed it, often taking losses yet still growing.

Nintendo, though I love them dearly from my past growing up with the nes and original 10 lb gameboy, has turned to taxi serves, sex hotels (also used for prostitution and illegal trade)..ect to support them.

They have dealed with the yakuza (japanese mafia) providing them with goods to support their gabling. Nintendo has more of a dirty past than sony, muchmuchmuch more dirty. It frustrates me that these.. kids... cannot accept history. Nintendo i think is good now, but turning it into a god is out right fool hardy while making sony out to be some evil organization is bad.

Anyways keep up the good work, it seems that even some previously banned members cant face reality and have not changed. I wonder if they still feel that the mods are not needed.

Member #
    Friends
    You know your stuff. I didnt want to say why Square left cause i didnt know exactly why myself, though i did think it had to due with blowing off Sony's CD extention.

Phil Harrison, who may be the devil in disguise here, has also stated that hes with Sony for the technology that they have been producing through-out their history. I feel if Sony stopped making games, we would still be in the age of DVD's, not seeing what could be.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    You know your stuff. I didnt want to say why Square left cause i didnt know exactly why myself, though i did think it had to due with blowing off Sony's CD extention.

Phil Harrison, who may be the devil in disguise here, has also stated that hes with Sony for the technology that they have been producing through-out their history. I feel if Sony stopped making games, we would still be in the age of DVD's, not seeing what could be.
    at this point we are seeing media merging into one form. This is the future. When devices are not limited to one function but many, and this is where japanese thinking comes into play. If you have ever been to the big cities in japan, the first thing you notice is how efficant they are. Its not suprising to find something that does many things, it is a small country with many people. They are forced to create products that can fulfill and connect with the whole rather than one individual function. This outside of the box thinking is what has spurred technology along with north american computer tech, we are finding ourselves faces with a future that is very convenient.

Japan and the USA have altered the course of history through technology. The USA is powerful but doesnt put its technology to mainstream (and in my opinion good enough use), japan does and therefor when the two are mixed we start to see changes in what becomes accessable to the world. Europe is growing in this area, and soon the entire world will play roles.

I mean its amazing that now we are seeing developers and products (technological in nature) from not just one country but many. Sony has played a huge part in this, so has microsoft.. and so has nintendo. To hate one of them is almost to hate what they have contributed to the accesability of digital interactivity and gaming.

They are competing with each other, but this competition brings renewal and progression. Promoting one over the other, hating another, while worshiping one, does disservice to the entirity of the effect.

anyways sorry for rambling on. I got carried away. (just got back from the night club scene, still buzzed.)

Member #
    Friends
    Sqaure joined with Sony because the SNES didn't have the capability to release Final Fantasy 7 and the N64 couldn't handle the FMV's in 7, 8 or 9 due to both the SNES and the N64 using cartridges. Now that Nintendo has a disc operated system Square can develop their now graphic-and-processor-heavy RPG's for the Nintendo systems as well as for the PS systems but I can't see Square leaving Sony entirely.

I personally think that the main FF series is going to continue to be produced on the Sony platforms whereas other spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles) etc. will appear on the other consoles as well as on the Playstation.

Either way; I can't see Microsoft ever getting their hands on a Final Fantasy game xD

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Griever
    Sqaure joined with Sony because the SNES didn't have the capability to release Final Fantasy 7 and the N64 couldn't handle the FMV's in 7, 8 or 9 due to both the SNES and the N64 using cartridges.
    Nintendo was with Sony to develop a CD extention, check out the bottom of your N64, for the N64. Things went wrong, as Shift explains, and Nintendo ultimately packs Sony's bags and tells them to leave. While a Final Fantasy was going to grace the N64, it soon went south and into Sony's control. They said the original story sucked anyways. Yes, Final Fantasy VII was not the original story.

I personally think that the main FF series is going to continue to be produced on the Sony platforms whereas other spin-offs (Crystal Chronicles) etc. will appear on the other consoles as well as on the Playstation.
    As true as i want that to be, its not. Final Fantasy XIII will be making multiple apearences on PS3, 360, mobile phones (I believe only the FOMA at this time), PSP and possibly Wii and DS. The main franchise will be Sony based but not exclusive.

Either way; I can't see Microsoft ever getting their hands on a Final Fantasy game xD
    They did get Final Fantasy XI, soon they will have XIII and Xbox fans are rejoicing.

Member #
    Friends
    Nintendo was with Sony to develop a CD extention, check out the bottom of your N64, for the N64. Things went wrong, as Shift explains, and Nintendo ultimately packs Sony's bags and tells them to leave. While a Final Fantasy was going to grace the N64, it soon went south and into Sony's control. They said the original story sucked anyways. Yes, Final Fantasy VII was not the original story.
    Actually, the PS1 was a CD addon for the SNES not the N64. The port on the bottom of the N64 is for the N64 DD or Dex Drive that was only released in Japan.

Very Metal

Member #
    Friends
    Uhh you do know this is the internet right where anybody can lie. Regardless of whether or not you're telling the truth who cares?
    Your point is?

As for the Wii its current gen. And maybe you want to spend a whole lot of money for some fluff, the majority of people are perfectly satisfied with playing games that aren't running in 1080p. When will you get that? The Wii is going to be around for a long time. The ps3 most likely as well since it has sony behind it.
    I beg to differ. The graphics are not any better than the gamecube, and the games are not any different. The only difference is the remote. If you call that next gen, then sony should have put the sixaxis on the ps2 and started selling it for $350. You guys are buying $100 console for $250 because it has a new remote

Most games on the ps3 do not support 1080p, just 720p/1080i. I spent the extra money on a system that has free online, blu ray player, and a shelf life of longer than 5 years. Resistance fall of man looks 10x better than halo 3. Could you imagine what games will look like in 3 years? It proves that microsoft is at its limits with the 360, while the ps3 is just getting started.

Last but not least its very arrogant of you to declare that, "people who can't save up 500 dollars shouldn't be playing videogames" (at least I think thats what you were trying to say). Really get off your high horse. I've got over $500.00 and I choose to use it on Nintendo because I like their games, I like the company, and I like the system overall. I don't need nor want Bluray. I don't need a system thats got a Cell in it. I've got a computer that works just fine.
    I was stating that if you can spend $250 on a console, you should go up a little more money and get a ps3. Imo its a better investment. I was looking on craigslist today, and saw ps3's selling for $400 and less.

Congrats on having a computer that plays games. I hope you enjoy sitting in a computer chair and staring at a small screen. I like sitting on my couch playing on my 47" with surround sound. "Different strokes for different folks". You could easily build a computer that will do alot more than the ps3 ever could, but how much is that going to cost? How soon will it need to be upgraded? With the ps3 I know every single game developed for it will always play witht any hiccups. Maybe down the line I will have to swap the hard drive, but at least nothing else will have to be touched.

But then again the consumers have already shown what they want so you sony fanboys can continue to whine and get mad at all of us Nintendo supporters for not being addicted to the latest graphics. We get it already. The Wii is not HD. And thats fine with us.
    Nintendo fanboys will whine once they grow up and realize kiddie games are not fun and want to play something besides cartoons. I know it can be fun playing baseball with people that dont have any legs, or shooting plungers at rabbits, but it will get old very soon. Especially with that novelty remote. Nintendo was stupid forcing that remote onto consumers. They should have made it an accessory and developed some games for it. I shouldnt be forced to play almost every single game with it

lastly I own a wii. It was given to me a b-day gift, but the thing never gets played. I played zelda for less than 2 weeks in december, and havent touched it since. My nephew comes over and plays wii sports, but thats about it.
    Last edited by Wii&Ps3; 05-24-2007 at 09:41 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Guillotine Fodder VampiricLugia's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Wii&Ps3
    Your point is?

I beg to differ. The graphics are not any better than the gamecube, and the games are not any different. The only difference is the remote. If you call that next gen, then sony should have put the sixaxis on the ps2 and started selling it for $350. You guys are buying $100 console for $250 because it has a new remote

Congrats on having a computer that plays games. I hope you enjoy sitting in a computer chair and staring at a small screen. I like sitting on my couch playing on my 47" with surround sound. "Different strokes for different folks". You could easily build a computer that will do alot more than the ps3 ever could, but how much is that going to cost? How soon will it need to be upgraded? With the ps3 I know every single game developed for it will always play witht any hiccups. Maybe down the line I will have to swap the hard drive, but at least nothing else will have to be touched.

Nintendo fanboys will whine once they grow up and realize kiddie games are not fun and want to play something besides cartoons. I know it can be fun playing baseball with people that dont have any legs, or shooting plungers at rabbits, but it will get old very soon. Especially with that novelty remote. Nintendo was stupid forcing that remote onto consumers. They should have made it an accessory and developed some games for it. I shouldnt be forced to play almost every single game with it
    Okay. First paragraph.

Graphics for the Wii aren't horrendous. They just SEEM that way because the 360 and PS3 are basicly superpowered. To me, this is just the same as being a spoiled brat. You get SO use to the good things, that when something that looks lower in standard comes up, you start freaking out and go "EWWW! Omg! Did you SEE that thing? It....It....OMG!" Just leave the graphics alone. Hell, I still play my SNES. Those graphics don't compare to those now, but the games are still awesome.

Second paragraph.
    It's quite easy to hook a computer up to a large T.V. Hell, just get a projector for the same amount of money that it takes for a big screen HDTV, and you can take up a whole frickin wall. Simple enough. And yes, it costs more to buy a PC, but my warranty won't go away when I crack it open to upgrade, now will it? Say something goes wrong in your PS3 and you try to fix it yourself. Well, it's even worse now, and you ring Sony up. "Uhh...I'm sorry but we can't help you. You've disqualified your warranty." You have to get a whole new PS3. Lucky you.

Now let's view this with a PC. You try to fix something yourself, not knowing what you're doing, and you snap a wire or something. Well, you can either pay someone to fix it, or have someone you know fix it for free, or buy the replacement piece. On certain hardware inside the PC, you can get free parts to fix it.

And most PC's ARE out of date when they come out, but so are consoles. You just don't REALISE that they're out of date, because there aren't any others. Everything inside of each console is now old use, not new.

Third paragraph.
    If noone wants to play cartoons, then why does every console have cartoon-based games? Hm? There's nothing wrong with cartoon games. You must consider yourself "hard core" just because you won't come out of the closet without having your Metal Gear Solid.

Shouldn't be forced on consumers, you say? Then why is Sony forcing Sixaxis on consumers? It's essentially the same idea, different housing. And you're not forced to play every game with it. That's why you can plug your Gamecube controller in, I do believe. Nintendo's controller is as much a novelty as you are. It gets old after a while and eventually disappears.

Member #
    Friends
    Then why is Sony forcing Sixaxis on consumers?
    Last time i checked, i dont need to move the controller to jump or move things. Sixaxis also has buttons, all the buttons that were needed to play previous games. Forcing sixaxis? No, what kind of games are you playing.

Of course you will disqualify the warranty. They have to send you a whole new system.That would be stupid if you opened it, stabbed it with a screw driver and called them for a new one.

SNES graphics werent bad, for its time. Would you still buy a Wii if it had SNES graphics? For 250? Not really, im sure a lot would but hey, its Nintendo. I dont see how someone can be spoiled when it comes to that. Im only going to call your bluff and say "I spent $250 for a $99 Game Cube and $600 on a kick ass gaming console." If you havent check the 1.80 update for PS3, a lot of the things that made people cry cause it didnt have, have been added.

You wouldnt pay me $250 for a Wii then have me go to you few years later "Check it out"

You "Its a Wii...??"

"Nope, its a Us"

"Looks like a Wii"

"But its not"

"So whats different?"

"The controller, watch"

"Oh, ok. But it doesnt look graphicly better."

"Its not, just the controller"

"Could you have just put that on the Wii?"

"...No?"

"Works for me, how much?"

The Wii lacks logic so they sell to kids. They might as well make a metal loop and a stick. "Look at this, you keep the metal loop rolling by pushing it with this stick! So innovative."
    Last edited by GamerCon; 05-24-2007 at 04:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads