LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertking1123
    playin a portable mame nes snes. i might buy one. after the price drop of course. lol
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYkVRYCm_UQ[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLHZXqTphhg[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7WnfLrgFHA[/MEDIA]
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO1E0T9OJyg[/MEDIA]

As the first official price cut for Sony's handheld device, the core PSP package has been slashed by $30 to an MSRP of $169.99.

PS: Yeah SSBB is far far far from being a fanboy.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-12-2007 at 05:39 PM.

Guitar Hero 2 Lover Robertking1123's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    In peter griffins voice: THAT IS AWWWWSOME
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Thank you very much.

Those vids are great, thanks for those as well. I'm definitely considering adding the PSP to my entourage of gameboys.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout

This also means its a great system to buy along side another gaming system. Many gamers do not stick to just one system. So really the war is between PS3 and 360. Nintendo Wii is not even part of that war, its the only thing like it on the market and its cheap. So no matter how many units the wii sells, its not kicking anyones butts because its in a whole different ball game.
    I heard somebody else made a statement close to this and i disagreed with them and i will tell you why i do... You could be meaning good or bad by this. but last time i check nintendo is a gaming company so that means they are in the race. Each of those 3 companys have different specialities. mircosoft is a computers. Sony specialize in Electronic and nintendo is strickly gaming. But even though they all have specialities, they still are each others competetion and they can break or make the other. So stop saying that the wii is not in the same ball game. the developers will choice between those three, which cases them to be in the same race, regardless of who has a fancy controller or high graphics or good internet support... so that's my only problem with that mainly. it is their competetior. But i do agree that is a good system to buy along with the others but it can also be vice versa. think about it.

Member #
    Friends

Not Kiddy!

Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    My thing is right, why does everybody feels like you have to be in your mid 20's to be a hardcore gamer..i will have to read that piece by piece shift, that is very long. lmao He basically said nintendo was kiddie though lmao If the ds stored music and movies, adults would play it just as much......... i think sony needs to get real because they only target the older people. how could you be surprise to see a kid with a psp. IT'S A GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
    the thing that rlly annoys me is him calling Nintendo kiddie. just becuz it does hav a large 10nd under consumer base many teens and adults can enjoy it just as much. this guy is the only hater here. its that kind of talk that will turn older buyers away from a system. this is what will make my parents tell me "thats 2 kiddy". Shameful sony.

Guitar Hero 2 Lover Robertking1123's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1240-9149-8383-7207
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsjamz
    the thing that rlly annoys me is him calling Nintendo kiddie. just becuz it does hav a large 10nd under consumer base many teens and adults can enjoy it just as much. this guy is the only hater here. its that kind of talk that will turn older buyers away from a system. this is what will make my parents tell me "thats 2 kiddy". Shameful sony.

i dont see how a kiddy system could have MK:armageddon, manhunt2, some other m rated games. i trip out when people say its kiddy.
    Add me and ill add you. Maybe when wii can play games online i can whoop your ass. till then send a message or a Mii. Also give a brotha some rep points. click the lil mushroom.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by jmsjamz
    wait where does he say nintendo is kiddy? It seems to me that a lot of people are putting intent where none was clearly stated. Jumping to conclusions?

theres nothing wrong towards marketing to the younger audiences, thats how mcdonalds became the superpower it is.

Member #
    Friends
    robert you are so right but yet nintendo will always have the image like i have said because of sony fans........

jmsjamz trust me shift isn't close to being the only hater. their are plenty more of those haters but alot of them do get banned after showing themselfs....... But i won't say nothing about shift because he says he owns a wii.

But do you see where i am coming from shift?

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    wait where does he say nintendo is kiddy? It seems to me that a lot of people are putting intent where none was clearly stated. Jumping to conclusions?

theres nothing wrong towards marketing to the younger audiences, thats how mcdonalds became the superpower it is.
    I think he's referring to remarks like when he says something like, "When I see people with the PSP in their hands, they're 20 year olds; but, when I see the DS, it's generally being handled by a kid." He doesn't say it directly, but he does hint towards it.

*EDIT*

A couple of quotes where he's indirectly saying this:
    Quote Originally Posted by John Tretton
    With the PSP, we didn't try to be everything to everybody. We didn't sell four-year-olds little pink PSPs. We targeted the mid-20's audience, hardcore console gamers. And we did a nice job of carving out that market, to the tune of over 25 million PSPs worldwide in less than two years.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Tretton
    When I look at people in the street, it isn't surprising for me to see somebody in his twenties playing a PSP. I am surprised to see a little kid playing a PSP. Conversely, I've never really seen many adults playing [the DS], but I see a lot of little kids. We've always felt that people want to be like their older brother; they don't want to be like a little kid.
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 04-12-2007 at 06:10 PM.

Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

We Want Young Blood.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    I think he's referring to remarks like when he says something like, "When I see people with the PSP in their hands, they're 20 year olds; but, when I see the DS, it's generally being handled by a kid." He doesn't say it directly, but he does hint towards it.
    But isnt he referring to being suprised when he finds kids playing the PSP? I think its concerning the marketing tactics and buying habbits of parents. I did not read it as him saying anything bad about nintendo at all, in fact he said he admires nintendos ability to target audiences at multipul angles. Meaning everybody, where sony is just focusing on one group at a time.

One of the things that I always admired about Nintendo, with its portable strategy, is that they could attack the consumer from many angles. They aren't just in the console business; they're in the portable business.
    then hes asked the question by the interviewer: GP: I've been seeing more kids with PSPs, which surprises me (it's expensive). People are still out there buying the PSP. That says a lot.

Then he responds with

But we'll soon start the second phase, where we reach down to the teen market, and ultimately to the younger consumer [with the PSP]. But if you try to be everything to everybody from day one, you'll alienate a significant portion of the population. When I look at people in the street, it isn't surprising for me to see somebody in his twenties playing a PSP. I am surprised to see a little kid playing a PSP. Conversely, I've never really seen many adults playing [the DS], but I see a lot of little kids. We've always felt that people want to be like their older brother; they don't want to be like a little kid.
    I dunno about you, but i saw this as him talking about how they view the market in terms of strategy. Hes saying that from what he sees, and i have to agree, that he does not see a lot of adults playing the DS in public. He is not suprised when he sees kids playing the DS, but is suprised when he finds Kids playing the PSP. And vice versa, it shows how hes viewing how the marketing tactics are playing out. He states that they do intend to target younger audiences. Kids are a huge market, but its how the general market views the product. Obviously parents are viewing the DS as a kid safe product, however hes suprised because it seems like some also see the PSP that way before Sony even marketed towards them.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78

jmsjamz trust me shift isn't close to being the only hater. their are plenty more of those haters but alot of them do get banned after showing themselfs....... But i won't say nothing about shift because he says he owns a wii.

But do you see where i am coming from shift?
    What the hell is that supposed to mean? Im far from being a hater. I dont hate on any system, but i do come under attack a lot. Your post for example proves this. Why bother saying you wont say anything when you just did. The pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-12-2007 at 06:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Ads