LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 194
  1. #21
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Sorry for double posting but ssbb_lover you did a hell of a job there. You do like to read. PEOPLE THE KID DOESN"T LIE lmao.....BUt the price will have to go down though. Once a product costs so much money in america. It has to drop the price after a while. I think its 6months or something else. But only so much money companys can make off the government for a certain amount of time.

  2. Ads


  3. #22
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    I get what you are saying but still i feel as if i wouldn't be surprise because it is the mature adults that are buying it for the kids.... But average gamer is different from hardcore gamers......... But if he suprise then it shows you that sony only focuses on adults.. i have never heard nintendo say they are focusing on one age group. It's not that they target different groups, its because the world make it seems as if nintendo is for kids. But if you say you only see kids with my product then obviously that's like saying its for kids. Most likely who every is buying your product is who it's for. so if most teens by a product then most likely its for teens. I feel as if sony never focus on nothing other than adult gamers. Crash was the closes game they had to a kid i think. and rapa da rapper or whatever it name.
    I think that was pretty blatant of Sony to just diss Nintendo by saying how he only saw DS's in the hands of kids, but PSP's, oh no.

    "PSP's are for the adult gamer....ohh wait, did GP ask about how many KIDS have a PSP?....

    Well at least we didn't release a PINK one! That's for sissy barbie huggin ninnies! *snort*....huh, we did that to?....

    ...Damnit."

    *EDIT*
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Sorry for double posting but ssbb_lover you did a hell of a job there. You do like to read. PEOPLE THE KID DOESN"T LIE lmao.....BUt the price will have to go down though. Once a product costs so much money in america. It has to drop the price after a while. I think its 6months or something else. But only so much money companys can make off the government for a certain amount of time.
    Lol, i'll say it again. I hate reading...for some reason though...reading posts on Wiichat just makes it more...fun. Hey, can someone upload "To Kill A Mockingbird" and "Alas, Babylon"?

    (book reports)
    Last edited by ssbb_lover; 04-11-2007 at 10:48 AM.

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  4. #23
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Ssbb_lover now i see why sony fans talk the way they do because the head people of sony thinks the same way lmao. pink psp! Lmao..... They even trying to target the little girls. what is wrong with sony? lmao but i no he was dogging nintendo because he sees them as a real threat

  5. #24
    Novocain Stain'd ssbb_lover's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    518
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    7,771
    Friends
    27
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Ssbb_lover now i see why sony fans talk the way they do because the head people of sony thinks the same way lmao. pink psp! Lmao..... They even trying to target the little girls. what is wrong with sony? lmao but i no he was dogging nintendo because he sees them as a real threat
    Of course, the Wii is a huge/crucial success for Nintendo. They've gained a huge new fanbase, and have kept their old, that's an amazing goal to accomplish...all this means even better results for WiiNi. (for those of you who don't know, that Wii #2 in Japanese)

    ....Wiini....

    Super Moderator - PM me if you have any issues.

    We Want Young Blood.


  6. #25
    Banned MasterJedi2U's Avatar
    Member #
    14959
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Durham, NC
    Posts
    1,125
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    ssbb that was an awesome analysis. sony has no gaming roots. Its got media, entertainment roots. Its trying to push all these extras that people don't want. We KNOW it has Blu Ray. Hardly anyone cares right now. Maybe down the line yeah but right now its not crucial. The 360 manages to have addons that people want and don't seem too excessive.

    Lol at WiiNi...I might shoot someone if Nintendo does call it that. Although you gotta admit its going to be pretty hard to top "Wii". I'll always remember my first reaction to that name. "WHAT THE F*CK!?" I was loving "Revolution". Then they gave it the most kiddie sounding name of the millenium! I was like Nintendo deserves whatever catastrophe happens to it this time around. I'm done. But now a few months later I'm proud to say, "Wii will win".

    Ridiculous
    Last edited by MasterJedi2U; 04-11-2007 at 10:59 AM.

  7. #26
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Yeah i know about the wiini from another forum when everybody was talking about how people place ii in everything. I forget you was in that thread to lol...... But my bad i should have said that you like reading long stuff on the forum but hate reading in generally lmao

  8. #27
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterJedi2U
    Umm you're trolling son. And now tampons and videogames can be used as analogies to one another. The bottom line is that sony will say anything to make this situation look extremely better than it really is. Yes we know they targeted the so called "hardcore gamer". But they forgot that hardcore gamer is a stereotype and a really stupid one at that. They come in all ages, colors, and sexes. Hence Nintendo is reaching BOTH "hardcore" and "causal" gamers. And in fact NEITHER is better than the other in my opinion so sony is losing out by doing that.
    Man you and your bias. Its so bad i could swim in it. He was talking about the target audience and the age group. You are confusing age group and hard core gamers.

    You did not read the interview or you would have seen where he says he admires nintendo for their ability to market towards people at all angles.

    He also admits their own problems "I would have rather said, "Coming in 2006" so that if we got it out on December 31st, we'd have delivered on the promise. And [if Sony had not promised a worldwide launch we could have been] given accolades for getting Japan and North America out at the same time. But if you say "worldwide" and you only get two of the three regions out, then you left yourself open. It's like making a Super Bowl prediction at the beginning of the season -- you're setting yourself up to fail."

    I like his honesty, but you dont seem to see it with a balanced open mind. You demonize everything sony, you admit it all the time. Why bother posting here at all if you hate sony so much? I dont get it. No, you sir are a troll.

    As for the tampons analogy, it fits perfectly (pun intended) with the game argument. Why? Because in the interview he said sony had a specific age range they were going for and something the younger audiences can grow up to like within that 10 years. Kind of like a tampon for lil girls, they dont need it now but hey couple years down the line they might be interested. Its something you grow into, and that was his argument concerning the target audience.

    I wont be suprised if you cant grasp this, you wear a bias filter as if they were sunglasses.

    You posted the article as flame bait and thats what you're probably going to get. Me saying it was ridiculous was a statement of an opinion. DEAL WITH IT. I like reading it but I found it to be 90% bullshit and 10% bitching.
    Really, so now miss cleo you are predicting my intentions behind this INTERVIEW. Notice where i posted the interview, its neutral. The title of the interview is called Sony Strikes Back. Do a google search on it. I also state its EDUCATIONAL, because it gives some insight as to how Sony is looking at it. I like how the guy admits their faults and compliments their competitors, but also throws in some information as to how it is internally with them. Its very neutral and up front. You dont see that. Im sorry.

    No, no flame bait there, just an interview with the CEO of Sony america in the PS3 SUBSECTION. <--- pay attention now.


    Most of the time, you are a troll. You thread crap the stuff you hate, and ball lick the stuff you love.

  9. #28
    shiftfallout.com Shiftfallout's Avatar
    Member #
    18773
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Hollywood
    Posts
    1,546
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Ssbb_lover now i see why sony fans talk the way they do because the head people of sony thinks the same way lmao. pink psp! Lmao..... They even trying to target the little girls. what is wrong with sony? lmao but i no he was dogging nintendo because he sees them as a real threat
    Quote Originally Posted by ssbb_lover
    I think that was pretty blatant of Sony to just diss Nintendo by saying how he only saw DS's in the hands of kids, but PSP's, oh no.

    "PSP's are for the adult gamer....ohh wait, did GP ask about how many KIDS have a PSP?....

    Well at least we didn't release a PINK one! That's for sissy barbie huggin ninnies! *snort*....huh, we did that to?....

    ...Damnit."
    Lol nicely put SSBB. Funny too.

    Again i need to remind people it was a Promo for the Artist PINK.
    He also goes on to say: "One of the things that I always admired about Nintendo, with its portable strategy, is that they could attack the consumer from many angles."

    I wont lie, i have never seen an adult play the DS when out and about. Kids love the DS, and marketing towards kids is very profitable. McDonnalds got where it was today because of kids.. Same with nintendo. A lot of those kids grew up and here we are.

    Wiini.. eh. I hope Wiini is bigger because I dont like it when my small Wiichii. (ok that was a lame joke. Big Wiinie as in a Shlong and Wiichi is itchy wiiwii, Ichi is 1 in Nihongo)
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-11-2007 at 11:18 AM.

  10. #29
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Shift that is not making anything better you know....... Why make a last statement like that because i've seen masterjedi2u have a post in the xbox section where he is trying to find out about how this thing works.... So you can't say stuff like that man...

    I don't agree with the sony ceo on a piece where he said when you target alot of different groups you set up yourself to fail. I think thats dumb because how come sony always targets at the adult gamers, they never branch out to say lets get to the kids..... I dont agree with that i feel its best to have a system where everyone can relate to and not just adults. i don't think you are setting up your self to fail if you target more than one group because you will never be able to target everybody because everyone has different taste. Just attract who you can.
    " mom i want a ps3"
    "wait mikey, not until the children games come out for it"

    Look how stupid it sounds. it's best to have a variety and not target one set of people. Thats like being sexiest or racist.

    but with that superbowl eg u use......... He is basically doing that by putting all of his votes in one set of team because sony honestly feels as if, if they target the adults they win the war. but they must also realise that these adult gamers are having kids to lol

  11. #30
    So sexy hotpotato78's Avatar
    Member #
    4326
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    hey it depends on what type of pink it is lol....... Because the gameboy advance was fushia pink. That was a good color. I had me one of those ones and everybody wanted to buy it from me lol.But hey i just can't see them doing a pink one even because of the artist pink. Because little girls usually would get something pink. But anyway it was only limited.

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts