LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    Not trying to flame here but it's just a copy of the Wii for a PS3, Nintendo didn't come up with the idea for people to copy them. Sony must be very happy with their controller as they have stuck with it for 3 consoles, everyone is use to it, I see this as a good feature for the PS3, Pick up & Play.

Also I do like the idea of the keyboard attachment, however surely a keyboard of that size does not speed up typing, I would just rather plug in a keyboard.
    Last edited by WiiGod; 04-14-2007 at 07:00 AM.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    well the concept of having a one handed and non connected controller has been around for awhile, before the wii. But the real question is, why does the PS3 controller have to be connected... it really doesnt have to be. Sony had filed for the sixaxis way before nintendo announced the wiimote, but as nintendo has shown, you lose a lot of the potential of montion sensing when keeping a controler attached to both hands.

Quote Originally Posted by WiiGod
    Not trying to flame here but it's just a copy of the Wii for a PS3, Nintendo didn't come up with the idea for people to copy them.
    Nintendo didnt come up with the idea period. They all took their ideas from someone else. Thats how it works, and then they build upon it. Standardize it. In Sonys case, they were dealt a blow when going into legal battles with Immersion (like microsoft had to). Out goes the rumble feature and what do they have? They have a backwards compatible system and an award winning dual shock controller.. They have their sixaxis for awhile, so it didnt come as a suprise when they stuck with the safer course. Nintendo is really good at making controllers, but it seems like there were some speed bumps over at sony when trying to get their controllers out the door.

I didnt create this as a copy, its merely how the controller can best be utilized while keeping its form.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-14-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    6898-3147-5981-0687
    I have been hit by many a flying wiimote, seen cats get knocked unconcious and many objects broken.. cautionary measures call for a strap.
    Seriously? 'Many a flying wiimote' You'd think that after the first few times of being concussed by a Wiimote you would learn when to duck,
    Unless you live with a family of hardcore baseball pitchers of course.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuS
    Seriously? 'Many a flying wiimote' You'd think that after the first few times of being concussed by a Wiimote you would learn when to duck,
    Unless you live with a family of hardcore baseball pitchers of course.
    usually a bunch of drunken friends who get a little too...excited. The girls are the worst, they dont hold on as tight but swing harder. lol

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Nintendo didnt come up with the idea period. They all took their ideas from someone else. Thats how it works, and then they build upon it. Standardize it. In Sonys case, they were dealt a blow when going into legal battles with Immersion (like microsoft had to). Out goes the rumble feature and what do they have? They have a backwards compatible system and an award winning dual shock controller.. They have their sixaxis for awhile, so it didnt come as a suprise when they stuck with the safer course. Nintendo is really good at making controllers, but it seems like there were some speed bumps over at sony when trying to get their controllers out the door.

I didnt create this as a copy, its merely how the controller can best be utilized while keeping its form.
    I am well aware of the fact that Nintendo didnít come up with the idea, although now reading back I see how it looks like that's what I meant, however I meant to suggest that the PS3 will surely be flamed for copying another companyís big success even if they did create it first, Nintendoís biggest feature is the motion and thatís what the whole console relies on. So even though I know and you may know that idea was not created by Nintendo that is not exactly the way it will be seen and Sony are in enough trouble with their console not selling brilliantly even though they are loosing money that this will become a new reason to bully the PS3 even more so.

I also accept the fact that you would like to utilize the full potential of the controller for Sony, and I don't have anything against that and if anything I admire it as I haven't got the creativeness to do so lol.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiGod
    I am well aware of the fact that Nintendo didnít come up with the idea, although now reading back I see how it looks like that's what I meant, however I meant to suggest that the PS3 will surely be flamed for copying another companyís big success even if they did create it first, Nintendoís biggest feature is the motion and thatís what the whole console relies on. So even though I know and you may know that idea was not created by Nintendo that is not exactly the way it will be seen and Sony are in enough trouble with their console not selling brilliantly even though they are loosing money that this will become a new reason to bully the PS3 even more so.

I also accept the fact that you would like to utilize the full potential of the controller for Sony, and I don't have anything against that and if anything I admire it as I haven't got the creativeness to do so lol.
    So true, unfortunately sony has become a target for a lot of hate. The "damned if you do, damned if you dont" applies to sony right now. No matter what they do, they will get uncalled for hate agaist it. If sony came up with a cure for aids, some fanboys somewhere would complain that sony is copying God.

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    usually a bunch of drunken friends who get a little too...excited. The girls are the worst, they dont hold on as tight but swing harder. lol
    Yeah I know how you feel, I've been almost hit by a flying controller and I've been hit when the controller was still in his hand lol. The controller has only came and my hand when playing once, it was more of a slip and I dropped it and it smashed a plate on the floor.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3258-9028-1778-7785
    So true, unfortunately sony has become a target for a lot of hate. The "damned if you do, damned if you dont" applies to sony right now. No matter what they do, they will get uncalled for hate agaist it. If sony came up with a cure for aids, some fanboys somewhere would complain that sony is copying God.
    Yeah, when the Gamecube was around all I cared about was Nintendo, my brother had a PS2 and I didnít see me needing one as he had one. As of now I have opened my eyes more, and I admit I hated the guts out of the PS3 when I first heard about it, but since the release over in Europe Iíve found out more and more, and now it's only the price that stops me from going to buy one, but all that really means is I have to save up a little more not so much wait for them to drop it.

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    the pics remind me of a sony's version of the wii mote and Xbox is coming out with the key board attachment so again not as unique as you might think (I am no fan boy btw I did own a PS1 and PS2)
    Wiiman54

Member #
    Friends
    5251-2094-6508-9892
    Wow its two nunchuks bridged by a minityping pad....a nice little copy of Nintendo's controller. Nice color though.

And if Sony came up with a cure of AIDs I'd credit them accordingly if they actually did all the research, etc.

Ads