Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Quote Originally Posted by Robertking1123
    being scared and creeped out are two diffrent things. some people are creeped out over how old people skin looks. donest mean that they would be scared of the grumpy old men movie. just like the baby creeps thern out dosent mean they would go see a horror flick and piss their pants.
    if they where scared of chucky, then i could see how that made sense.

all im sayin is being creeped out isnt the same as being sacred.

also i know you didnt directly say it, but wetting the bed while watching a horror movie must imply that one is scared.

lets watch what happens next. although i wont be suprised.
    I completely agree. No movies have ever scared me. My parents never let me watch Zombie movies cause they said it would make me scared but I just ended up yawning through most of it.......

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I'm pretty much scared of everything... even Harry Potter.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Ok.... What could possibly cause you to be scared of Harry Potter?
    Avada Kadavra!!!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    wow...that's pretty creepy.
    Nintendo On The Islands

Member #
    Friends
    lol ok, how was that different from what i said. You dont give me enough credit. I understood exactly what he was getting at, maybe you dont understand my responses.

Im saying that I can also walk into an electronic store, see a dozen dell laptops in boxes stacked up and think that it must not be popular because the store ordered a lot. Im showing theres something wrong with that logic.

Anyways, keep trying to find something on me. You might get lucky one of these days.
    finding 25 dell laptops still on the shelf, in my book, is a pretty good indication of not being popular. i mean, that's why they discount last season's clothlines, right? cuz no one is buying them and they're still on the shelf?
    Nintendo On The Islands

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by dodabird
    finding 25 dell laptops still on the shelf, in my book, is a pretty good indication of not being popular. i mean, that's why they discount last season's clothlines, right? cuz no one is buying them and they're still on the shelf?
    well like i said, most businesses do not put everything on the shelf. Its actually cheaper for a business to buy in larger quantities and only keep a few out on the floor at any given time. Why would a business buy so many if was not a popular product? they wouldnt. The more they buy means they know it is in high demand and usually try to stay one step ahead of the consumer.

Now, in the case of the PS3 and wii, they dont buy them in larger quantities. I would think a product is less popular based on the number of units the store purchases.

Does this make sense.. The ps3 is not purchased in high quantities because of this reason. It sells a lot slower because at the moment the demand for the ps3 is low. Therefore seeing few PS3s carried by a business is a bad sign compared to them buying a lot in bulk.

At the moment the wii is CHEAP and highly marketable + accessable. This means stores will try to buy up as many as possible to sell. Its the exact same method you see ebayers use, when they camp some stores and purchase as many wiis as they can get, often 5-10 and resell them for more.

Im just saying his logic was off and not realistic. Debate all you want though.

Member #
    Friends
    5877-9874-6442-6751
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpotato78
    Shift i think you misunderstood what he said lmao

Well, if they see a PS3 in a shop, they wouldn't exactly think "must be pretty popular" when they see it accompanied by 25 other PS3's

He is trying to say if i'm not mistaken. He is trying to say that not because there are 25 ps3's in a shop. That doen't mean people will say it must be pretty popular. So from what i can gather. He is saying that not because something has a huge quantity on the shelf, doesn't mean people will say it is popular.

But hey we could wait to hear from him. But i honestly think you misunderstood what he said. No offense taking shift
    Well, thanks for the back-up... I think. I really couldn't understand what you said...

Well, what I meant was something like this: If you walk into a store and see a product you remember the ad for, you might think it was popular. But if you see it grouped with a lot of other ones, why would you think it's popular? I would think something is popular if it's the last one left on the shelf, not if there are many more with it.

It sounds like I'm horny for Link...

I'm a proud member of the Online Campaign for Real English. If you believe in capital letters, correct spelling and good sentence structure, then copy this into your signature.

Anyone lookin to buy a DS: -No External Links

Brawl, Galaxy, ftw! wiiisawesome's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1866-9177-4158-8306
    Yesss! Are we talking about Harry Potter!? Lol, anyways I find that baby's laugh creepy...
    Brawl Code: 3866-7670-3577 Name: Ali
    Tell me if you added me if you haven't already!

I love WiiChat!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy127
    Well, thanks for the back-up... I think. I really couldn't understand what you said...

Well, what I meant was something like this: If you walk into a store and see a product you remember the ad for, you might think it was popular. But if you see it grouped with a lot of other ones, why would you think it's popular? I would think something is popular if it's the last one left on the shelf, not if there are many more with it.
    LoL. I often have trouble understanding potato sometimes too.

Anyways, no one was attacking you, hotpotato might have made it sound that way, (unsuprisingly). I just wanted to clairify why that reasoning was a tad unrealistic. I am not disagreeing that the PS3 is in low demand right now, but the over all senario of seeing more in stock = less popularity is not quite correct. Its actually the other way around. But no worries.

ADD:

I think the best ps3 advertisement to date is this one by far.
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCDhMJ6-r4[/MEDIA]

The best nintendo one would have to be this:
    [MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKxpmnAFRw[/MEDIA]
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-19-2007 at 05:41 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    LoL. I often have trouble understanding potato sometimes too.

Anyways, no one was attacking you, hotpotato might have made it sound that way, (unsuprisingly). I just wanted to clairify why that reasoning was a tad unrealistic. I am not disagreeing that the PS3 is in low demand right now, but the over all senario of seeing more in stock = less popularity is not quite correct. Its actually the other way around. But no worries.

ADD:

I think the best ps3 advertisement to date is this one by far.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwCDhMJ6-r4

The best nintendo one would have to be this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfKxpmnAFRw
    Yes but which one keeps your attention more? The Nintendo one is Fast, action packed and Keeps your attention pretty well.
    While the Sony one sounds like an infomercial & just keeps babbling on...... Plus the Nintendo one has been played countless times while I've never seen the PS3 one EVER.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Ads