LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I have noticed this that's it's starting to look up for the PS3 all the hating on the PS3 stopped or at least slowed down

and Rahnter Shift didn't say anything sexist

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahnter
    The sales are increasing, but the PS3 is not fairing as well as the Wii in Japan... or anywhere else for that matter.
    Hee hee hee. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. Sorry "mate" but you lost round 1.

PS. Shift, don't want to sound like a prude, but could you not post what some may construe to be a sexist remark...
    How was it being sexist? I would like for you to explain how and why. Since there was nothing sexist about it, this should be interesting.

add: in case your not familiar with google. http://www.mcvuk.com/news/26261/Reco...d-at-UK-launch
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-27-2007 at 12:28 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I think Rahnter meant stop talking like someone who never got any. Shift we don't care what you do with your private life. Compare system sales to actual facts and not the women you'll never get.

With the official news of 5.8 million Wii units sold, Nexgenwars.com is a fraud for exact sales figures.
    Last edited by sagema; 04-27-2007 at 02:43 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I think Rahnter meant stop talking like someone who never got any. Shift we don't care what you do with your private life. Compare system sales to actual facts and not the women you'll never get.
    How does that work? hmm? Point out what makes it sound like i dont get any? in fact please explain how my silly analogy points in that direction? I guess this is just your normal whine and moan. I could say the sky is blue and you would try to argue that with some random nonsense.

In fact, you are more than welcome to head over to the photo thread and find my pic. If your going to start the "you aint getting any" kiddy remarks, you might at least know what i look like. lol

With the official news of 5.8 million Wii units sold, Nexgenwars.com is a fraud for exact sales figures.
    Sorry, but its true. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. I dont think anyone was refering to nexgenwars.com. Perhaps you might have seen my post about it awhile back where i showed how that website was wrong. No? Search for it. =)

My final advice is to grow up.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    PS3 > Wii Sales in UK
    Although in USA and Japan Wii is doing better?

I don't know, All I do know is that you can't argue with the statment that the PS3 outsold the Wii on Launch day in UK....

Due to lack of Wii stock but that is Nintendo's falut.

No Longer Have A Wii

Member #
    Friends
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    I believe that ps3 sold more in the launch window than wii did, but overall the wii has sold more in europe, america and Japan than the ps3. The ps2 is still outselling the ps3. The GBA is still outselling the ps3.
    But then after launch sales of the ps3 dried right up, now I just know after this someone is gonna post some car analagy, when cars are not consoles are shouldn't really be compared as if you did then you should also remark that parts for you car as well as any software for it should be more expensive, however in the console world things are pretty much standardised.
    Also if you are a games developer and you are wishing to make a profit on something you have worked hard on, will you release it on a console where the discs are more expensive to produce and where half the people who own the console need to buy the game to break even. I think not.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

Member #
    Friends
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    How was it being sexist? I would like for you to explain how and why. Since there was nothing sexist about it, this should be interesting.
    I am not trying to be patronizing, but I think your comment was in poor taste. But since you want me to show how your analogy may be construed as sexist, I'll take it to the extreme:

Some people may infer that you are either indifferent or in support of the objectification of women because you liken them to a video game console. Also, the fact that you qualify women as "loose" because of their sexual lifestyles only serves to feed the socially constructed stereotype that women who partake in "abnormal" sexual practices are somehow inferior. At the same time you're implying that women can only be validated through the masculine opinion. Your comment also reinforces the structures of oppression that are created by arbitrarily defining gender roles/ boundaries. The lack of male inclusion in your analogy is a proclamation of male dominance/ superiority over the feminine, because they are not exposed to judgment on account of their sexual practices...etc

Look, I am not an idiot and neither are you. I know this wasn't your intention. I think you were trying to make a joke, but it was made at the expense of others. If you don't think your comment may, in any way, offend someone then leave it up. But I know for a fact that my roommate, her boyfriend, and sister are a bit offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    Hee hee hee. PS3 outsold the Wii in the UK. Sorry "mate" but you lost round 1.
    Also, this isn't a fight, so you can stop being so defensive and condescending. I don't argue the fact that the PS3 faired quite well during its launch in the UK, but let's not delude ourselves into thinking this is the norm.

UK PlayStation 3 Sales Continue to Slip
    http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/1079.html
    PS3 sales in the UK drop by an alarming 82%
    http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/04/03/p...n-alarming-82/
    Wii creams Xbox 360 and PS3 in the US
    http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/04/21/w...ps3-in-the-us/

As you can see, I am familiar with google.

Like I said previously, it is a matter of circumstance. The fact that the PS3 is more expensive is a limiting factor. The fact that HD is not the standard and that there are no popular sequels are also limiting factors. But with time the price will drop, games will be released, and the technology will be relevant.
    Last edited by Rahnter; 04-27-2007 at 07:52 PM.

Ads