Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    I dont think so, I believe he had conflicting ideas with certain other key members of sony. In the article he said he felt it was time for the younger generation to take over and that he wants to pursue other avenues.

In the end we can never really know, but unless shown otherwise, we will have to take his word for it. I dont think it has to do with the PS3 sales.

Its going to be funny when every one gets shut up when the exclusives start showing up and the PS3 is in high demand. Just watch.
    No doubt that it will have exclusives, i mean look at it, sony did try to make the ps3 into a super-computer, and look at what they made!!! Its a very good system, but ohh soo costly, your right shift it will have many exclusives. But that doesnt change the fact that some of those exclusives might come trailing to the xbox360, remember what happened to Assassins Creed and Mercenaries, they were once ps3 exclusives, but all of a sudden they came to xbox360 with a treat in hand, just because sony didnt put any responsibility to keep the exclusives!!! Lets just hope none of this crap happens again, cause if it does, people that have a 360 and want a ps3 game, but their 360 already are gonna forget about that ps3 game and get it on the 360!!! I guess thats how the game cycle rolls around!!

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I don't get the big deal with exclusives it will affect the sales of a system but not the expierience of the people who own it

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    I really dont know how to answer that question..... Where the hell is Shift when you need him!

Member #
    Friends
    7177-5401-1319-4531
    It is very sad to see Mr. Kutaragi go. He fought diligently for the Playstation brand and single-handedly established the reputable gaming division within Sony.

On a semi-related note, Mr. Iwata of Nintendo has shown interest in working along side of Mr. Kutaragi.

http://gonintendo.com/?p=16987

I doubt anything will come from these remarks:he was more than likely just paying respect to an icon. However, Mr. Kutaragi has partnered with Nintendo in the past, during the SNES days, to develop a chip behind Sony's back... so there is a slight ray of hope

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    True they partnered up in the past with snes and all, but im not very sure of all that happening!! To me, its a slim to none chance of that even happening!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Please don't let Microsoft buy Mr. Kutaragi. This would make them dominate more. I have a feeling a lot of people will be trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi. He's the Miyamoto of Sony.

Member #
    Friends
    0227-1443-2511-5487
    I very highly doubt he will team up with Nintendo or Microsoft, just out of respect to Sony. What might happen is that he starts up a new company and comes up with a new console? Eh maybe, maybe not.

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Please don't let Microsoft buy Mr. Kutaragi. This would make them dominate more. I have a feeling a lot of people will be trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi. He's the Miyamoto of Sony.
    Rumors are up in the air saying, that nintendo is trying to hire Mr. Kutaragi to work for them, If he says yes, Nintendo year is going to be PERFECT!

Member #
    Friends
    lol thats not gonna happen. Just cause he retired doesnt mean he will stop getting money from sony. they are just rumors spawned by rabid fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by CyanRussel
    True they partnered up in the past with snes and all, but im not very sure of all that happening!! To me, its a slim to none chance of that even happening!
    Back then, sony and nintendo did partner up. Nintendo betrayed sony and the japanese felt that nintendo betrayed them as well by breaking contract for a european company, phillips. At the time, the japanese felt that japanese businesses should stick together and leaving one japanese company for an outsider pissed off a lot of other japanese companies.

Its not gonna happen so you are right.

Where the hell is Shift when you need him!
    probably drunk at a night club.

exclusives are good for the system and the player because unlike multiplatform games, they are made for that one system. Which in turn means, that game is not limited by another system, and can utilize the full features of that one system. When developers make a multiplatform game, often they are stuck making a game that other systems can play, thus limiting the potential of the game itself. Exclusives are supposed to give you maxium compatitibility, specialization and full use of any one system. Multiplatform games dont really do that 100% and are limited in their abilities. Often they are forced to sign contracts that say one game for another system cannot be better than anothers. Which really blows.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 04-30-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout

probably drunk at a night club.
    Hey i dont blame you, AFTER ALL THE FLAMERS GOT ON YOU!!!! I WOULD OF DONE THE SAME THING!
    exclusives are good for the system and the player because unlike multiplatform games, they are made for that one system. Which in turn means, that game is not limited by another system, and can utilize the full features of that one system. When developers make a multiplatform game, often they are stuck making a game that other systems can play, thus limiting the potential of the game itself. Exclusives are supposed to give you maxium compatitibility, specialization and full use of any one system. Multiplatform games dont really do that 100% and are limited in their abilities. Often they are forced to sign contracts that say one game for another system cannot be better than anothers. Which really blows.
    You aint lying about this, its true! They pick a system out of the 3, and put a good game on that one system, the other games that are the same as the orginal game, suck ass, no-doubt!!
    There are games out there that i could name, but forgot all of the games names for some reason!!
    (Oh well, im hoping they put more effort with the other systems, and stop being biased with it, putting games that should be buried underneath the earth because of how badly the game was made!

Ads