Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5435-9829-5121-8955

Why I think PS3 will come out on top.

Think about the last generation PS2 was the winner but there was that little saying "If a game is on all consoles get it for Xbox" but yet the PS2 was considered the winner. That saying was started because Xbox's hardware was better and it's online. The reason 360 is being called better right now is because it has a massive library of games and it's hardware is better but 5-6 years down the line when games are pretty much dead for the consoles I think PS3 will be better because of what we saw last generation.

Now I am not saying it will be the same this generation because of a lot of things:

1. Wii is a lot bigger factor than GameCube was
    2. We have reached a point where software is no longer 90% of a consoles success
    3. PS3 is loosing a lot of exclusives although it is retaining some

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    Think about the last generation PS2 was the winner but there was that little saying "If a game is on all consoles get it for Xbox" but yet the PS2 was considered the winner. That saying was started because Xbox's hardware was better and it's online. The reason 360 is being called better right now is because it has a massive library of games and it's hardware is better but 5-6 years down the line when games are pretty much dead for the consoles I think PS3 will be better because of what we saw last generation.

Now I am not saying it will be the same this generation because of a lot of things:

1. Wii is a lot bigger factor than GameCube was
    2. We have reached a point where software is no longer 90% of a consoles success
    3. PS3 is loosing a lot of exclusives although it is retaining some
    yah your right, software is about 89% of the console success now
    360 also has achievements, a reason to get a game on it that is already out on all 3 or or 1 other

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    1156-6661-4692-6561
    interesting, but wrong. you cant compare the ps3 to the ps2. the ps3 will NOT come out on top. it would be lucky if it made it past the 15 million mark...

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by ottoman
    interesting, but wrong. you cant compare the ps3 to the ps2. the ps3 will NOT come out on top. it would be lucky if it made it past the 15 million mark...
    can you tell me when the world is going to end too?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    You seem quite sure of yourself... it could happen ...

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    So did you get your ps3 yet?

BTW: i totally agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    spicka, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Sets fire to a rag and throws it down spickas gob

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    You seem quite sure of yourself... it could happen ...
    If there's one thing I know it's that just because I'm positive something is true it's not

@ Spika: No but I don't have to pay for it at all May 18th

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    yah your right, software is about 89% of the console success now
    360 also has achievements, a reason to get a game on it that is already out on all 3 or or 1 other
    Yeah, there are some small dicked idiots who will get a game just because of the achievements in them to up their achievements score. Seems like the Ps3 will do that too with HOME by having achievement trophies, which is a smart move IMO.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by En4Neo
    Yeah, there are some small dicked idiots who will get a game just because of the achievements in them to up their achievements score. Seems like the Ps3 will do that too with HOME by having achievement trophies, which is a smart move IMO.
    welcome to the xbox world, there are plenty of games sold just for achievements
    example: king kong

Member #
    Friends
    The ps3 is losing exclusives! <-- what some dont realize that is that though they are not holding onto SOME already established franchises, sony is not losing exclusives as much as they are creating new franchises via exclusives.

Lair for example.

The PS3 is set up to last a lot longer than both the 360 and the Wii. Its blue ray ensures that medium storage will not be a problem as gaming evovles, the cell processor will be able to keep up with the demands of next gen gaming. Its firmware is so amazing that it puts every other system to shame in that department. Its open sourced, meaning anyone can create games, programs, apps, artwork.. for the PS3. Its completely customizable and its GUI is the best on the market. It has a portable device that works well with the system and also as a stand alone system, remote play, and as time goes on, developers are going to lean more towards sonys platform as the other systems fall behind.

Home, pushes the boundaries when it comes to virtual identity and marketing. Companies like home because of what it can do for them, gamers like home because of what it can do for them, everyone is happy and the service is free. Xbox live just had its arse handed to it by Sony, and we will see this even more clearly as time goes on.

The PS3 was the last to join the fight, and it will be the last to lose. Its going to be interesting seeing which new features will become standarized in the home entertainment world. The next wave of consoles will show this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads