LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    *"In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent." -- Catharine MacKinnon, quoted in Professing Feminism: Cautionary Tales from the Strange World of Women's Studies.
    How exactly was that supposed to help the feminist cause? One of their main points is that women are strong, independant. So why would anyone who is fighting for that say that they're not strong enough to give consent? And how do you explain when a woman says "Let's have sex!", etc.? Is she trying to say that women have no idea what they're talking about? Some women really DO have no idea what they're talking about, in fact most. This is one of the stupidest quotes I've ever heard.

I'm not a feminist, but I'm not an anti-female jerkoff who thinks women are inferior. I hate people like that. But I don't think that women are so surperior to men either. I think both genders are equal. Each has its weaknesses and strengths. There's no reason for there to be a gender war, just like there's no reason for a race war, or a religion war. There's room enough in the world for men and women, black and white, Christian and Jewish. Some things are completely uncalled for.

And as for the goat, I think if they killed it for a publicity stunt or for an ad, that's just poor taste, and wrong. Just wrong. But if they killed it and ate some of it, or if what retro_joe said about it already being dead, then it's fine.

But even if it was killed senselessly, some people are overreacting a bit. It's a terrible thing to do, but some people fly off the handle. Did you know when you get your license they show you pictures of people who were in car crashes, and they're completely mutilated. One man's intestines were scattered on the asphalt for about ten feet down the stretch of road. We see gore in our everyday lives. Sure, we don't really want to see it (usually), but we deal with it, or at least try.
    Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Thanks to demonflair for the awexome sig!

2. Ads

WiiChat Member Wii_want_to_play's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Their stupid for doing that

Member #
    Friends
    okay that is just plain and flat out wrong...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Ads