LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    WiiChat Member tgjester7's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    Wii and PS3 sales neck and neck in Australia

    Nintendo’s Wii console sold 28,000 units, while the PS3 sold 27,000 units, according to recently released figures from market research company Gfk Australia. By comparison, 20,000 Xbox 360s were sold.


    http://gamer.blorge.com/2007/05/06/w...-in-australia/

  2. Ads


  3. #2
    Banned Wiiownu's Avatar
    Member #
    22343
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    66
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?

    PS3: 3.3
    Wii: almost 7 million

  4. #3
    A li'l bit different Squall7's Avatar
    Member #
    89
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Cornwall, UK
    Posts
    1,743
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Lol. The article has quite a few confusing things in.
    Interestingly, despite the higher price tags of the PS3 and Xbox360, Nintendo is the only company that actually makes money from selling its console. Both Sony and Nintendo loose money on each console they sell.
    In terms of revenue, the AUS$999 PS3 was the stand out winner, generating AUS$27 million of sales revenue, compared to the AUS$399 Wii, which generated just $11 million of sales. The AUS$650 Xbox 360 generated $13 million of sales.
    So, because of the price of the PS3, it generated more revenue... ...not sure how that would be relevant to anything but okay...
    The best-selling console games console by units sales was Sony’s elderly PlayStation 2, which sold an 48,000 units.
    While I don't doubt what the article says, it could be better written...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiownu
    LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?
    Didn't know VGcharts had a region specific part...


    Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.


  5. #4
    Banned Sovieto's Avatar
    Member #
    883
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,585
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiiownu
    LAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU FAIL! you moron, don't you know only use VGcharts?

    PS3: 3.3
    Wii: almost 7 million
    in austrilia?
    no YOU FAIL LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMAOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    HE WAS TALKING ABOUT AUSTRAILA
    dee de dee

    Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

  6. #5
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    In the US wii sales are almost tripling ps3 sales. (Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling console in February in the U.S. with 335 thousand units sold, easily topping Sony's PlayStation 3 127k units)
    http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/29923

    In Japan wii sales are overwhelming the ps3 sales.
    http://www.noeman.org/gsm/video-game...-february.html

    Wii: 78,550
    PlayStation 3: 23,431

    Both from February , the first over a period of a month, the second over a week.

    However it is weird that Australia is different in such a way, this article says that in Australia the wii has sold 80,000 whereas the ps3 has sold 36,000. http://xbox360.qj.net/Australia-and-...g/49/aid/91124

    Carrying on with the madness in this thread, all I have to say is:
    SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT MUST BE TRUE.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  7. #6
    WiiChat Member tgjester7's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    In the US wii sales are almost tripling ps3 sales. (Nintendo's Wii was the best-selling console in February in the U.S. with 335 thousand units sold, easily topping Sony's PlayStation 3 127k units)
    http://ce.seekingalpha.com/article/29923

    In Japan wii sales are overwhelming the ps3 sales.
    http://www.noeman.org/gsm/video-game...-february.html

    Wii: 78,550
    PlayStation 3: 23,431

    Both from February , the first over a period of a month, the second over a week.

    However it is weird that Australia is different in such a way, this article says that in Australia the wii has sold 80,000 whereas the ps3 has sold 36,000. http://xbox360.qj.net/Australia-and-...g/49/aid/91124

    Carrying on with the madness in this thread, all I have to say is:
    SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ON THE INTERWEBS SO IT MUST BE TRUE.
    I'm well aware of the stats US and Australia, so that gay little rant wasn't needed.

    But oh well what can you do, there's always one jerkoff in every thread

  8. #7
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Quote Originally Posted by tgjester7
    I'm well aware of the stats US and Australia, so that gay little rant wasn't needed.

    But oh well what can you do, there's always one jerkoff in every thread
    Yes because console sales are completely unrelated to this thread, and just because you can't have a mature discussion about it doesn't mean you have to be an asshat about it.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  9. #8
    WiiChat Member tgjester7's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Yes because console sales are completely unrelated to this thread, and just because you can't have a mature discussion about it doesn't mean you have to be an asshat about it.
    Tell me one thing about your original post that was mature

  10. #9
    Soul of highest Calibur Flagel's Avatar
    Member #
    2789
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    399
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4883-9225-1818-3903
    Quote Originally Posted by tgjester7
    Tell me one thing about your original post that was mature
    Looking up and finding console sales, without adding any personal bias to them.
    Not flaming any console but rather saying that the original article posted was interesting, and then linking contradictory evidence.
    Post is there ^^^
    How dare you state a different point of view, you complete fanboy! /sarcasm

  11. #10
    WiiChat Member tgjester7's Avatar
    Member #
    20945
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    80
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Flagel
    Looking up and finding console sales, without adding any personal bias to them.
    Not flaming any console but rather saying that the original article posted was interesting, and then linking contradictory evidence.

    Everyone's pretty much aware of the console sales in North America and Japan, I even bought a Wii myself. You were just trying to be a smart ass

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts