LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5345-8025-9663-5782
    Isn't the elite the one that cost slightly more than the others + comes w/ hd (if you have the tv)? If so, I have it, but I only use it for Gears of War and Halo since my stupid dog ate my collector's Halo 2.

It's okay, but nothing to switch for. Just buy it later after you've saved.
    <3
    stranger.
    5345-8025-9663-5782

((thankyou gamers!!))
    *click my green mushroom if you love me*

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    I don't want to sound rude. The Wii, and PS3 are brand new. They will need time to get a decent library of games. It took the 360 more than a year.

I'm just wondering why you bought a game system, and only months after owning it decide to sell it? If you have that attitude now, you may not like what any game system has to offer.

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    Mmkay, for all of you who call me idiotic for buying the damned thing...
    ...IT WAS A GIFT. ;D So shaddap. ^_^

Here's the logic I've worked out...
    Right now, I'm not having ANY fun playing with my PS3. So, if I trade it in for $500, and get an Elite, I can actually play with something I'll enjoy and that I can take with me on my trips to San Francisco, Oregon, etc. this Summer and have something to do while I'm there.

And since I got it as a gift, I technically haven't lost any money. And with that being said, I figure that I should trade it in NOW for $500 before the trade-in price goes down. And from what I've heard, within the year, people should expect a $100 price drop on the thing anyway. So I'd be getting it for the exact same ammount I traded it in for if I wait until then. ^_^

Besides... Do I give TWO SHITS that the 360 took time to become fun? Nope! Does it matter right now? Nope!
    The point is... The 360 is fun now, whether it was or was not before.
    I'll wait to buy a PS3 when the price is down and the damned thing is actually fun, like I did with the 360.

And yeah, I gots an HDTV, and I figure I might as well be prepared for anything, y'know? So the Elite is a good move for me.

Member #
    Friends
    Keep Ps3, in a year or so will be kicking the 360s ass, its going through the same thing as Wii at the moment, a games drought but you'll regret it in a years time if you sell it, and i would put money on that. Also if you think the Ps3 graphics arent that great, look at the games that came with the 360 on release, look no where as good as the release games on the Ps3. 1 years time and you will be seeing more of the Ps3 capabilites, you'll regret if you sell it for the 360, its not realible either. Ps3 is very realiable, i saw a guy hit it with a sledge hammer 7 times and it held together so well, its built extremely well.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

me two game systems below zachp18's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    6651-9695-6213-2367
    I'm not much of a playstation fan, but I would reccomend keeping your ps3. You already spent $600.00 on it so might as well keep it. Plus the ps3 has built in blu ray drive and wifi built in as you probably know.

Wii games that I own: Zelda, The godfather, Wii sports, Resident Evil 4.

Next up: Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Well if you got it as a gift I can see why. I've gotten some awful games as X-mas gifts. So in your mind it's a fruit cake and you want to get rid of it. If that's how you feel, go for the Elite. 120gb makes Sony's 60 HD look like a kiddie toy.

Member #
    Friends
    3916-4519-7595-8108
    @Brian -- I could care less if it's good in a year, it sucks now. I'll buy it when it's good, then. ^_^

@Zachp -- I've already stated that it was a gift. xP So yeah.

Anyway, I've already decided... So, I'd like to say that your opinions matter mates, but then... I'd be lying. xP

Member #
    Friends
    2698-8368-0060-4859
    nonono trade it 4 the wii
    Last edited by Gumballs92; 05-16-2007 at 04:29 PM.
    1 white wii
    2 white wiimotes
    1 white nunchuck
    games : twilight princess, super paper mario, metal slugs, wii sports, wario ware smooth moves, kirby adventure [virtual console]

my wii code is 2698 8368 0060 4859

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumoriken
    Mmkay, for all of you who call me idiotic for buying the damned thing...
    ...IT WAS A GIFT. ;D So shaddap. ^_^

Here's the logic I've worked out...
    Right now, I'm not having ANY fun playing with my PS3. So, if I trade it in for $500, and get an Elite, I can actually play with something I'll enjoy and that I can take with me on my trips to San Francisco, Oregon, etc. this Summer and have something to do while I'm there.

And since I got it as a gift, I technically haven't lost any money. And with that being said, I figure that I should trade it in NOW for $500 before the trade-in price goes down. And from what I've heard, within the year, people should expect a $100 price drop on the thing anyway. So I'd be getting it for the exact same ammount I traded it in for if I wait until then. ^_^

Besides... Do I give TWO SHITS that the 360 took time to become fun? Nope! Does it matter right now? Nope!
    The point is... The 360 is fun now, whether it was or was not before.
    I'll wait to buy a PS3 when the price is down and the damned thing is actually fun, like I did with the 360.

And yeah, I gots an HDTV, and I figure I might as well be prepared for anything, y'know? So the Elite is a good move for me.
    i suggest if you get a game such as gears of war, to play it on a standard TV for the first couple of days, then switch to your HDTV..just so you can admire the HUGE difference it makes, which you probably wont notice if you start at a hdtv right away xD (i had a SDTV for the first 2 months and when i switched to HD, i was blown away, and i am still able to admire all the goodies my hdtv brings me on the 360)

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    0882-4030-9133-6768
    Quote Originally Posted by ---Brian---
    Keep Ps3, in a year or so will be kicking the 360s ass, its going through the same thing as Wii at the moment, a games drought but you'll regret it in a years time if you sell it, and i would put money on that. Also if you think the Ps3 graphics arent that great, look at the games that came with the 360 on release, look no where as good as the release games on the Ps3. 1 years time and you will be seeing more of the Ps3 capabilites, you'll regret if you sell it for the 360, its not realible either. Ps3 is very realiable, i saw a guy hit it with a sledge hammer 7 times and it held together so well, its built extremely well.
    LOL@you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko
    Last edited by A RAND0M TAC0; 05-16-2007 at 05:12 PM.

Ads