LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Ps3 Cooling Fan?

Can anyone recommend a good Ps3 cooling fan, my Ps3 does get pretty hot, not hot enough to damage it, but i just want to be safe so does anyone know any good cooling fans? dont want it to be too loud and im from the uk.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    thats strange... is your ps3 in a hot location such as a cabinet with no air flow? Or a room thats not normal room temp?

The ps3 doesnt run hot normally so it can be a number of things. One is to check to make sure it has airflow and that none of the vents are blocked . So depending on how you are laying it down, it might even be a good idea to put some thing under it to let air flow through (kind of like when a laptop gets hot on the bottom, you put it on top of two books leaving the center of the laptop not touching anything). If you are in a hot location where the heat is part of where you live, a regular fan would help a little and an airconditioner would be key.

Also DUST will cause anything to overheat so make sure its cleaned out (can of air fixes that).

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The 360 has a cooling fan you can buy at Gamestop for $20. It's a great deal. For $20 you garauntee your system won't fry. It's far better than any warrenty. I'm not sure if the PS3 has one out yet, ask Gamestop, or EB next time you are over there.

I also recommend for the Wii that all users turn off Standby Mode. The system gets warm enough to create problems later on. All 3 systems can overheat if given the right conditions. Make sure you don't ever meet those conditions.

Member #
    Friends
    umm i haveheard mixed reviews about the intercooler, but thats what i would go with, also if your ps3 is verticle it wont heat up as much

Quote Originally Posted by The_Loose_Cannon
    spicka, i love you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Darkprinny
    Sets fire to a rag and throws it down spickas gob

Member #
    Friends
    the 360 intercooler just breaks the console, not sure what its like for the ps3 though...

my friends ps3 gets really hot and we live in the uk ( cold ). Also the ps3 attracts A LOT of dust

/much thanks to demonflair for the sig!/

push the green mushroom for rep, thats if i've helped you!

Member #
    Friends
    I had mine on for a straight week, it didnt get any hotter then normal. They do have some good fans out there, on eof them has like 5 on it, a little much but i guess it does the job.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Special Olympics Medalist BrandonMcAuslan's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    All games consoles/computers are going to heat up - unless they are very well cooled and not operating at their peak performance. I wouldn't worry about your PS3 overheating to the point of it being damaged though. And if it did - its under warranty

I expect a few Sony/PS3 fanboys to tell you this;
    "You lie! The PS3 doesn't run hot! Its made of super sci-fi futuristic materials that actually make it turn colder whilst its running! And you know the PS3 was actually designed and created (secretly) by Jesus Christ, so it can't be wrong or bad in any way! You must have it under a whole load of duvets and surrounded by hot water bottles! And have all this sitting in front of a roaring open fire!"

But fact is its gonna heat up like anything else...

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Just get an InterCooler!
    From GameStop, Eb, or any retailer game store!

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Game system warranties suck. After a year the console breaks, it becomes tough S on you. They have gotten better at repairing damaged consoles. But I assure you, after a year or two they may stop those services. Do not rely on that fail safe forever! It may not be there next year.

The PS2 attracts a lot of dust. I have to dust it off every month. Treat your console like crap, and you are begging for problems.

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Game system warranties suck. After a year the console breaks, it becomes tough S on you. They have gotten better at repairing damaged consoles. But I assure you, after a year or two they may stop those services. Do not rely on that fail safe forever! It may not be there next year.

The PS2 attracts a lot of dust. I have to dust it off every month. Treat your console like crap, and you are begging for problems.
    Thats very TRUE!!

But on the GC part i dont know about!!
    My GC is soo fvcking dusty, and dont even clean it and it still works for some reason, the GC might be garbage now, but the manufactures that made it, made it almost perfect-fully to the point that the system wont even mess up even though that it is dusty!
    Last edited by CyanRussel; 05-30-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Ads