LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    I have suffiecent evidence to belive Mr Seldestruct is a paedophile, i just dont feel like sharing it lmao joke
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

Member #
    Friends
    6069-9016-3559-6279
    Off-topic nightmare. Wow. So who's the pedophile?

Brawl Punching Bag

Chibi Asuka!!
    ------

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    5234-2961-1879-5832
    The goofy looking asian kid above you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

But as Shift already said about the 360 most developers wouldn't make use of an add on because not everyone would have it, and they want to market to the widest array of customers they can.
    Yes but i was talking about a Blueray add-on in 3 to 4 years, not right now. I agree that an add on like the 360s HDDVD dosent benefit gaming because not enough people have them for games to be made for it but if it was released after a few years when the consoles power was dipping then it becomes more of an upgrade that people would want to get rather than buying a whole new system. Releasing muliple systems at the start though just confuses people (applys to both PS3 and 360).

Nintendo did the upgrade route quite well in the past with the SNES and N64, when the consoles didnt have enough power they bumped them up using DSP chips in the games or memory expansion upgrades. Obviously it was easier for them as they were cartridge based systems and often a peripheral add on can flop like the Mega CD did unless it has some real killer aps.

The PS3s stategy is kind of counter productive though, if they had left out the Blueray for now and had a lower price point then they would have been selling more units and had a wider array of customers to start with. Then in 3 or 4 years with a larger user base they could have offered the Blueray upgrade at a cheaper price with a massive game that people wouldnt mind shelling out for. With the Blueray and higher price point Sony have limited their user base to pure PS3 lovers (people who wanted the machine regardless of its price) and are not attracting the average joe who sees little difference between the 360 and PS3 except for the price, yes i know the PS3 is actually a bargin for whats inside it but an average consumer dosent really see that.

Of course if the PS3 didnt have any kind of HD movie playback then the 360 fanboys would attack it for that reason alone. Hopefully Sony will learn from its mistakes this gen though and their next machine will get back to the formula that made the PS1 and PS2 so successful.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by raisinghelen
    Hopefully Sony will learn from its mistakes this gen though and their next machine will get back to the formula that made the PS1 and PS2 so successful.
    What do you think made the PS1/2 so successful? The PS1 used CD's which in the past only failed and the PS2 used DVD's which they (the media and people) said would ruin the PS2. So if the PS3 stuck with their formula than that would mean they would have to use something other than a DVD.

I really dont see this as a mistake.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    i agree lol, how does using needed and new technology a mistake? How far are we into the consoles life cycle? Sony is doing what they have always done. Slow at first but picks up. People seem to hate change or new technology. I love it when new tech is used. People have to wise up and realize that new tech is never cheap tech. Hey I wanted a next gen system, and thats what I got. If you want something not next gen, be happy with your wii or partially next gen get the 360. No rule says everyone has to have 3 systems. I like all systems, but only one pushes next gen to where it should be.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-06-2007 at 09:27 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    What do you think made the PS1/2 so successful? The PS1 used CD's which in the past only failed and the PS2 used DVD's which they (the media and people) said would ruin the PS2. So if the PS3 stuck with their formula than that would mean they would have to use something other than a DVD.

I really dont see this as a mistake.
    Both CD and DVD were the standard formats at the time of inclusion, Blueray is not yet.

The PS1 and PS2 were more affordable systems to most people, they were marketed well and brought gaming to a different group of people than before. They sold a lot of units which led to a lot of games being available and made them the number one systems of their gens. Basically affordable systems with affordable games that sold to anybody.

PS3 is going the opposite route, they have a small user base so it wont have a flood of games like the PS1/PS2 had and its seen as being an expensive system. Where as the PS2 was an everyman machine the PS3 risks being an elitist only system.

Member #
    Friends
    http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/20...ant/index.html

Read that and tell me PS2 DVD was a standard and cheap/affordable.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    http://archive.salon.com/tech/log/20...ant/index.html

Read that and tell me PS2 DVD was a standard and cheap/affordable.
    DVD was a standard format not for consoles or games but for movies, thats what i meant. Blueray isnt a standard format yet.

I guess the PS2 was quite expensive on release although it wasnt far off the other systems available at the time (i paid over $500 for an N64 at release)other than the Dreamcast (Segas console was great but i think they had lost the general publics confidence due to previous poor consoles) but the PS1 fanbase probably carried the PS2 through till price drops and a massive library of games was available. The PS2 fanbase dosent seem to be adopting the PS3 in quite the same way though and Sony cant afford big price drops on a machine that they already lose money on.

Member #
    Friends
    Well even though DVD was wide spread, PS2 was still in the wrong for using it. So it really comes down to, does it even matter? No, Sony will always get hit for something and those people who said 'it wont do to good or using that is not a good idea' kick themselves cause now instead of them releasing a new one that uses the "Future product", they are sitting back and just making games. Sony doesnt have to go and make a new console every year just to compensate for something the previous one lacked, they can make a new one thats even better. I think its rediculus the 360 has 3 versions. What have they been working on for a year? A new 360. Why do they have to do that? Cause they didnt have HD in the first ones.

Microsoft made the mistake, im surprised anyone still got the "Elite". People say "If you want a PS3 just get a PC" but i dont hear "Out now for PS3 and Windows" i hear "Out now for Xbox360 and Windows". You really want Sony to release a "new" PS3 every year like MS is doing with the 360? I dont.

Ads