LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Well online gaming is probably what the majority of the market look for, I see loads of complaints about the wii not having online features yet

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Sigh... Let me remind all of you again. Most games don't even use of 50% of their storage capacity. This has been a fact since the SNES launched. HD graphics will need more space for textures, higher poly character models, and so forth. Even then most companies won't go near the limit of that format. Why?

It still takes time and money to fill anything to capacity. I wish more game companies were like Blizzard, Square, but they aren't. Most will give us Tony Hawk Pro Skater with 25%-50% of the format filled up. What was wrong with mutliple CDs like FF7? We not only got a game on 3 CDs, it was also only $40. If the companies can't move forward enough in standards, then giving them 1 terabyte is a total waste of money.

Member #
    Friends
    Gamers are craving more and to give more you need more. A game quality isn't defined by storage, but it can hinder a developers vision if they find they have to cut and remove things. Therefore, since BR is used for gaming in the PS3, it must be a welcome addition and something devs dont have to worry about.

Also, a failure of any console is a backhand to the consumer. We need Sony to survive to keep the great products coming.

Edit- Regarding multiple discs...that is fine and most don't have issues with that. It can take away from the experience having to replace discs at an intense moment, etc. It can also prove a problem in vast worlds in which you constantly roam about, like GTA, Crackdown, etc., if they reached those limits.
    Last edited by tirminyl; 05-30-2007 at 10:35 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5234-2961-1879-5832
    Sony will survive they were a fortune 500 company looong before the Play Station (Which by the way sony was developing a CD rom for Nintendo, and had a falling out with nintendo which resulted in the Play Station) all this would mean is that Sony would get out of the gaming market.

Anyone who thinks that Nintendo will not develop some sort of online gaming has little faith. Nintendo has been in the gaming market longer than any of the companies out now, they know what they have to do to make EVERYONE happy.
    Last edited by Mr.Selfdestruct; 05-30-2007 at 10:40 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075

SHHTOP!

Hold on a second!

GAMERCON...... PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY

You've totally contradicted yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Sega Saturn was cool, it was fun but it didnt have many great games. SNES did. It may have been 2D but the people making the 2D games were like "****, we got to make this game really freakin good." The people who were on the 3D side said "Well, make it look good, as long as we do that it should sell."

This is no joke. I prefer Super Metriod over Metriod Prime. Why? I think it was the best. I feel they worked harder on that then they did the GC one. When something is 2D and small, you have to, i mean have to, make it good.
    You started by saying the developers all wanted blu-ray because of the possibilities it opened up in terms of game quality, then you say that smaller/ slower systems force them to work harder to create top notch content.......

I really don't want to argue over this..... if new technology was never developed we would all still be playing on ZX80's, not a good place to be...... it's just that I am fed up with the assertion that the gaming world will be a fantastic place because of the advent of blu-ray storage. Fantastic games have appeared on all systems in all generations...... they are not exclusive to one developer, one publisher, or one manufacturer. Games like SMW continue to be fantastic games because of their design. Rubbish games have appeared on all systems in all generations too, probably more dross than gems if we were to tally it up. Storage size is not the most important thing for making a great game. Talent is!

Yes I own, or have owned, every Nintendo console and handheld, but I also have owned ones by Sega and Sony, and a number of PC's, a Spectrum, a BBCB and an Amstrad(although the Xbox has never appealed to me). However I am not a fanboy. I am happy for you,or anyone else, to own whichever gaming system suits your needs and tastes. It makes not the slightest difference to me how you get your gaming thrills.
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Ok gramps, youve seen this cycle eh? Was that when the CD era first apeard and the games had a hard time using the 3D aspect with good controls? Yea i believe so. You may be older than me, which is great cause you probably looked at a PS1 and thought "Nintendo?" but i do have things older than me. I may not have lived it but i can still relive it.
    Oh, and about my age....... If I was a grandfather my daughter's boyfriend would be in jail right now.........

But I think you missed the point again. Being able to play on the machines is different from being there at the time, and reading article after article from developers saying they 'need more power' or 'need bigger storage'. As I said this has all happened before - not just the consoles but the developer comments. Next time around, assuming that there is another generation of consoles, there will be almost identical comments made by developers..... and there will be forums that you post on where threads like this exist. I wonder which side of the argument you will take then?

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    So how come they didn't make EVERYONE happy? Loads of people were complaining because there were no online games and that the only good game released was Zelda... stuff like that

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    YEA!

but not everyone IS happy...

i'm dissapointed with the wii and thought the motion controlls would be a lot cooler but they can be dam right annoying ( like a lot of people have experienced in fps )

i dont know why zelda has such a big hype, yes it was fun but come on, its a green man with a sword and sheild ....

/much thanks to demonflair for the sig!/

push the green mushroom for rep, thats if i've helped you!

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Quote Originally Posted by WII60
    YEA!

but not everyone IS happy...

i'm dissapointed with the wii and thought the motion controlls would be a lot cooler but they can be dam right annoying ( like a lot of people have experienced in fps )

i dont know why zelda has such a big hype, yes it was fun but come on, its a green man with a sword and sheild ....
    Well probaly because hes been around just as long as mario has been around, people from middle to old ages love/like him!! Thats why any game that comes out and starts out with Mario or Zelda always sells no matter what!! EXCEPT FOR THAT ZELDA GAME THAT PHILLIPS-I DID!!! THAT GAME WAS CRAP!

Member #
    Friends
    but is it just me or do a lot of people on here just follow the crowd and buy the zelda game and say ' iz rulz duddes ' but they are only on the forest temple?

/much thanks to demonflair for the sig!/

push the green mushroom for rep, thats if i've helped you!

2062-8990-6509 GET READY! CyanRussel's Avatar
    Member #
    In my SSBB kingdom waiting for a challenge
    Friends
    3760-9059-7725-6846
    Well im not gonna say its YOU, but im gonna say that there is peeps who follow other crowds that buy the game, and when they buy the game they seem to like it, which in turn, turns that follower into a ZELDA fan!

THE REASON WHY THEY'RE AT THE FOREST TEMPLE
    The reason why they are at the forest temple is because they are still probally having a hard time with the game and are in need of help from us or a study zelda guide, thats why you see soo many people on wiichat saying, can someone help me on this or that, i mean thats why we are here for is that not so, not only to talk nonsense, or make board games for other members to play, but to also help others out, sooner or later when we need help on something they also who needed help would also be helping us out in our time of need!!!
    Does that clear up things?

If i helped you.... give me some rep, from the green mushroom thingy!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Ads