LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by fatalorgasm92
    Wtf is the big deal with Paper mario we are only on the 3rd one. And Metroid and Zelda are constistently great titles, it doesn't matter what game is remade but from all the titles you mentioned above you mean Nintendo. Nintendo is great at making prequels and sequels. Alot of original titles were made for PS2 because it was the easiest to make them on. Like Katamari! Yay Katamari.
    Ill be honest, I cant stand playing zelda anymore. I try, but its just the same thing over and over and over. It was a great change on the N64, but every game after that was more or less a repeat. The gameplay has become a bit too repetative, they need to mix it up a bit. Right now, each zelda game pretty much repeats itself. Link starting off again from day one, only to have to get back all those weapons and skills as before, traversing the same gameplay like dungeons doing it all over again. A good sequel builds off of where one story left off and another begins, but right now the zelda franchise is in a state of ground hogs day. It just repeats.

As for paper mario... its horrible in my opinion. I miss the days when they worked with square to release mario rpg. And then there was a sequel planned for mario rpg, but ninty let another company develope it, and then paper mario was born. A far cry from mario rpg, but still better than the wii paper mario which has turned even more so into a simple side scroller than an rpg. I have to say also, the paper mario franchise is fairly butt ugly in terms of style. The mario rpg type of game with luigi as well for the gba is what they should have built upon.

Metriod is alright, its definately got style. I feel theres someething lacking in the franchise now as well. Its almost as most of the nintendo franchises are relying on their characters to sell rather than build upon the games. It seems to fall again in a state of repitition. Which is not bad if thats what you want. I have to say though, it seems metroid is the most advanced of the ninty franchises to date.

I agree with you that Ninty games are not down the toilet yet, and they have had some great titles. But also with Gamercon in that the franchises are focusing on the characters to sell and not new gameplay. I miss the days of the NES and Super NES when gameplay innovation and sequel growth, quality, were key to selling a title. Now its based of image saturation and franchise names.

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    i'll Admit they are all doing, I think Nintendo is just criticized the most for it because They are the ones known for making great original titles. So if they slip up everyone points it out. Theres Hundreds of Franchises that went down the drain almost immediately and truthfully there haven't been many Original titles ever since we switched to 3d. Not to say There Aren;t any at all just that it seems like there is less. Maybe because since we had no 3d Devs were pushing to make more invovling and entertaining forms of gameplay. I don't know but i sure wish the Devs would get off there asses and make some new original games...

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Ads