Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Sony Lawsuit

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    If they do get sued thats stupid. They can always release an update to change that map?

No Longer Have A Wii

2. Ads

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    lol i think that map is called catherdral or something. And its a big part of the map. I guess thats one idea though. But why would you **** with one of the biggest Powers in the Electronic industry... These people are idiots..

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    I think thats just over the top. The game doesn't exactly state the name of the Cathedral, does it?

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    5537-0855-7535-2075
    While I don't necessarily agree with the churches position on this one.......ok, I think they are desperately trying to generate some publicity and the whole idea of suing Sony is b*****ks............I can also understand why they might be upset at using a photo-realisitc representation of a cathedral as the centrepoint of a violent shootout. . . . . . . . it doesn't really sit well with the whole 'Ten Commandments' position that the church generally takes.

Perhaps the developers could of chosen a different historical building to use or used their imagination to design one from scratch?

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    The US has far more legal rights than any nation on the planet. This pathetic lawsuit shows how screwed you get when underestimating legal issues in other countries.

The best example of this is the story of Gameshark. Gameshark started sueing anyone who ran their own independant GS websites (Around the launch of the PS2). The most common was CMGSCCC.com (Still supplies the best PS1 codes). If you own a GS for the PS2 you know how lopsided the current code list is. Codes that are so few, and broken, that it's just easier to get better at playing a game on it's hardest possible mode. In short... it's a broken world with freedoms that are limited based on the corruption of that government.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    There's a number of thing I will say, but to keep it easy, I'll list them.
    1. The building isn't really public. It belongs to the church, which in itself IS an institution. Therefore should have a say in whether it's going to part of the game or not.
    2. Sony said they sought permission where needed. Obviously, they think like most people on here, that only companies have a right to complain when it comes to permissions.
    3. Manchester has had a lot of tragedy when it comes to gun crime. Wouldn't there be outrage (indeed wasn't there with Super Columbine Massacre - or whatever it's called), if Columbine Highschool was in a shooting game?
    4. Whilst I agree, they should have sought permission first (considering they could have chosen any landmark or buisness centre in Manchester to alter it without altering the story), I do not agree that they should be asking for a blank cheque. I do however feel that it would be no skin of Sony's nose if they did pay at least a relatively small donation to the church though - afterall, I've read that they're trying to provide services for youths in the community (or something like that).
    5. If this game was on the SNES or even N64, it wouldn't have been a problem. What the problem is, is that it's supposedly "photo-realistic", therefore on par with movies and such. Heck even "Dr Who" (CNN quote) would have to enquire about permissions whereever they shoot (part of the biz).

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with you guys.

The only thing I can think of is the destruction of the church. I'm trying to think of why they would sue sony because it would be pretty lame if they sued it just because it was in the game. Sony just tried to make the game look realistic. I have no idea the pope had a ps3. Wonder what his psn id is. I'll kick his ass. (I don't have a ps3)

Member #
    Friends
    If this goes through and they get what they want, or equivalant, people everywhere will start bringing up random and pointless stuff just to get something from Sony. "Thats my house, I want to feel safe but know i think ill get shot." Stupid crap like that.

This world is really pathetic when someone looks at you weird and you sue them.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Just to make it clear the church in the game is 100% identical to the real church & it was shown in commercials for the game. They are being sued for copyright issues cause yes the real cathedral was copyrighted.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Just to make it clear the church in the game is 100% identical to the real church & it was shown in commercials for the game. They are being sued for copyright issues cause yes the real cathedral was copyrighted.
    Good info. Could you provide sources?

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Ads