LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Sony Lawsuit

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    This is like sueing a painter for painting a building in the background. You cant and if you do, theres something wrong with this world. Of course, even though I feel that way concerning buildings, I also understand that the evolution of technology has made it possible to create realistic events even though it didnt happen. One example is when a company reanimated the founder of the company (even though he has been dead for awhile) through computer animation. It looked like he was really there showing off his product. What would happen then if this technology was used to make say... a video of the CEO of ninty and bill gates having man sex? So some new laws need to be put in place for developing technology, but untill those laws are in place, this lawsuit should be thrown out.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    This is like sueing a painter for painting a building in the background. You cant and if you do, theres something wrong with this world. Of course, even though I feel that way concerning buildings, I also understand that the evolution of technology has made it possible to create realistic events even though it didnt happen. One example is when a company reanimated the founder of the company (even though he has been dead for awhile) through computer animation. It looked like he was really there showing off his product. What would happen then if this technology was used to make say... a video of the CEO of ninty and bill gates having man sex? So some new laws need to be put in place for developing technology, but untill those laws are in place, this lawsuit should be thrown out.
    Not so sure myself...
    What does copyright protect?
    Copyright, a form of intellectual property law, protects original works of authorship including literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture.
    Does my work have to be published to be protected?
    Publication is not necessary for copyright protection.
    Does copyright protect architecture?
    Yes. Architectural works became subject to copyright protection on December 1, 1990. The copyright law defines “architectural work” as “the design of a building embodied in any tangible medium of expression, including a building, architectural plans, or drawings.” Copyright protection extends to any architectural work created on or after December 1, 1990. Also, any architectural works that were unconstructed and embodied in unpublished plans or drawings on that date and were constructed by December 31, 2002, are eligible for protection. Architectural designs embodied in buildings constructed prior to December 1, 1990, are not eligible for copyright protection.
    Source:http://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq-protect.html

Sounds a bit dicey to me...

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Nice Squall7. That clears up a lot. They actually have a case.

I would rep you but your to manly for that.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    even i think thats stupid to start a lawsuit

Member #
    Friends
    just a way for the church to get a quick large donation... i hope they dont pay

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout

I think theres already a law on that, You know the same one with pictures and Video etc. Where you have to get a contract signed saying.... is allowed to show....face on whatever whatever. So it would be illegal showing a Person ( no matter what they are doing , having sex with bill or not) Im not sure about stuff like in cartoons but if its like you said and it looks like the real person, then its probably illegal.

Ya so the church is pissed the game has the Cathedral in it and they are offended the part in the game where you are fighting in it, they think its is wrong and offensive to be fighting, and have guns inside "their" church.

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

Member #
    Friends
    5935-0595-2673-3600
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall7
    Good info. Could you provide sources?
    I was watching the story on Fox News.... All it said was that cathedral has the same copyrights laws as the Eiffel Tower. It also went & showed side by side comparisons. I cant link to TV...... That ones fairly obvious.

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7 fatalorgasm92's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    3157-7038-9234-4590
    What do you mean provide sources?? I gave one link already, I have seen it on 4 differnet stations and seen it on different websites? Are you saying you want more info or that i am lying??

What if, on a crowded street, you look up and see something appear that should not, given what we know, be there. You either shake your head and dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than we think. Perhaps it really is a doorway to another place. If you choose to go inside you may find many unexpected things."-Miyamoto

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Go here and look at that scene in the game, and go here to try and see if it has any resemblance to that cathedral. It doesn't look close enough to sue someone for it.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    5701-4561-7633-7008
    uit's alot easier designing a church for a game if you base it on a church in r.l., i find the church have perfect rights to sue, but i don't think anything's going to come out of this

the mario that's roomed with mush
    my wii is not connected to the internet, so i can't play brawl online for a bit....please do not spam inbox with friend code requests

Ads