Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    1234-1234-1234-1234

PSP2 just a rumour(at the moment) says sony

Sony lifted the lid on various rumours to do with the psp2 today:

Sony Plays Down Latest PSP 2 Rumours
    It's just "rumour and speculation" people, so don't get excited.
    by Rob Burman, IGN UK
    UK, June 13, 2007 - Over the past few weeks there's been a lot of speculation that Sony is due to announce an updated version of the PlayStation Portable - with some saying it will have internal memory and a better screen - but Sony has played down the claims as just "rumours/speculation".

John Koller, senior market manager for PSP, said he wanted to "clear the air" about the recent rumours. Speaking on the official PlayStation blog he said: "I'm thrilled to hear that there's so much interest in the platform, but sorry folks, these reports floating around fall into the rumours/speculation category."

Koller also tackled claims that mobile maker Ericsson was working on a phone version of the PSP. "We haven't announced anything about a new PSP, much less one that would have phone capabilities," he explained.

PSP 2 rumours have been around for quite some time now and even Sony UK boss Ray Maguire admitted earlier this year that Sony was looking at making a smaller and lighter version of the PSP. So, it looks like we'll just have to wait until E3 to see if Sony has anything up its sleeve for sure.
    PS3 now, sorry Wii. You gather dust.

Member #
    Friends
    I just hope some of the rumors hold a little water.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Honestly it wouldn't matter the DS is just to huge a competitor the PSP already had it's run IMHO it's clear that the better choice for most everyone is the DS

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by WiiZero
    Honestly it wouldn't matter the DS is just to huge a competitor the PSP already had it's run IMHO it's clear that the better choice for most everyone is the DS
    yes i agree, i mean just look at the DS sales in japan, they outsell everything! its like a standard accessory over there!

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    I'll bet there are more DS's sold in Japan than there were seizures when Pokémon aired... well no that's about as ridiculous as the prediction that DOOM would be installed on more computers than Windows '98

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    I think they are both boring. If I were to choose it would be the psp, but both dont really appeal to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Member #
    Friends
    5435-9829-5121-8955
    Agreed handhelds are just like buying a current-gen system it has all the games but the consoles will always have a better version (not that current-gen consoles don't have games that are better than the ones out today)

Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    the reason the psp is different from your average console is that its more of a personal computer, in that its full of applications and uses. It has the largest user community that mods and creates stuff for it. My psp has replaced the need to buy books to read, as I just read stuff off of it. The ds sells more because its a kid safe system with a history of being a popular gift for children. Its cheaper, and the nintendo name has been on the market for a longer period of time concerning hand helds.

Member #
    Friends
    8407-4245-3370-0256
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    the reason the psp is different from your average console is that its more of a personal computer, in that its full of applications and uses. It has the largest user community that mods and creates stuff for it. My psp has replaced the need to buy books to read, as I just read stuff off of it. The ds sells more because its a kid safe system with a history of being a popular gift for children. Its cheaper, and the nintendo name has been on the market for a longer period of time concerning hand helds.
    also when comparing game librarys the PSP doesnt even come close to the DS, to add to your post my phone does everything i want and just wanted a gaming system, this also applies with why i bought the wii, i wantned to play games, not watch dvds, i think these days developers have seriously lost sight of the reasons behind a gaming console, they constantly try to cram a whole bunch of extras in which cause overpriceing, complexity and in some cases reduced preformance, console developers should keep in mind that most (almost everyone) has a PC or Mac

Yeah OK So I Guess Im Back...
    So What...?
    WANNA FIGHT ABOUT IT?
    Can you See It...?

www.ultiforums.tk

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Almo
    also when comparing game librarys the PSP doesnt even come close to the DS, to add to your post my phone does everything i want and just wanted a gaming system, this also applies with why i bought the wii, i wantned to play games, not watch dvds, i think these days developers have seriously lost sight of the reasons behind a gaming console, they constantly try to cram a whole bunch of extras in which cause overpriceing, complexity and in some cases reduced preformance, console developers should keep in mind that most (almost everyone) has a PC or Mac
    not true. PsP plays Ps1 games and can emulate games from pretty much any old console. So NES, SNES, Sega, Atari, GB, GBA, NeO GEo, N64...ect I would say you have quite a large game selection, more so than the DS.

Also, Your phone doesnt do everything the PSP does. Sorry, but I dont think you understand how the PsP opperates as a completely open system. I also would like to see how long that phone battery of yours lasts with its lcd running the whole time.

You are entitled to your opinion about developers losing sight because of "multi-media", but I have to say you are wrong. It shows you perhaps do not understand how things really are. Just because you think everyone has a computer, does not mean technology should not be efficient at doing multipul tasks and having multipul purposes. If you havent realized it yet, all simple machines are turning into computers in their own right, even childrens toys.

A swiss army knife is often compared to one of those things you cant live without, the same concept is applied to many electronic products. Multipule uses either seperately or combined to make it a necessity, efficient and fun. This has become apparent in the japanese phone culture and slowly effecting western phones as well. This has spread to other devices such as gaming consoles.

Anyways, I may not be very articulate about all this, but I feel that you might not have a good grasp on the intricate evolution of techology used in products and how they play a part in popular culture.

Ads