LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    To make more sense, they should have made a new controller and used the remote as an extra.

Even for shooters, im probably lazy but, i feel more control with analog sticks. Then its better with kb and mouse.

I didnt like MK on Wii, i dont care much for MK anyways but it was worse with remote.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I have to agree here (with myself lol), the Wiimote is a novelty. Its a fun novelty, but its still a noveltly none the less. Nintendo realizes that it is a gimmick used to help pike interest in their console, and theres nothing wrong with that. However, I find myself getting bored and going back to other games not on the wii. Why is this? because the wii, in its simplicity has limited itself with its capabilities. They could do a lot more with the wiimote im sure, but the problem comes down to hard ware. The wii is an ultra cheap system running off of a 700mhz cpu. You wont find next gen gaming on that system. It limits what kind of gameplay is possible, and with the wiimote, the lack of input in some areas makes it difficult to bring other sorts of gameplay into the fray.

Ultimately, its a goof off system that wears off after a bit, but for real gaming, the gaming that was around in the snes days, and the PS days, is not to be had on the Wii, but consoles like the 360 and PS3.

I am a gamer. Nintendo created a toy, not a game machine. Toys are fun to fool around with, but in the end the game machines are what keeps you coming back.

People do not quite realize that most game developers see the wii as merely an easy source of revinue, not as a system to create their best games for. The wii is a quick fix, nothing wrong with that either. But that quick fix is temporary, where the long term fix will be found else where.
    Last edited by Shiftfallout; 06-16-2007 at 02:14 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    theres not much to agree with
    its basically a fact that the wiimote is a novelty
    it becomes second hand before you know it and then youre really not wowed by what youre doing
    i think this guy is extremely right.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    I think it's crazy how quickly you guys write off this thing. I'm not saying the games out now, for the most part, aren't gimmicky. Of course they are. But the argument lies in where the gimmick lies. I truly think that with a lot of creative thinking developers could come up with something great. It's new, not bad. I stopped playing games because they have been the same since the NES. Prettier, yes, but the same.
    I think the real problem is lazy thinking on the developers part.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    I think it's crazy how quickly you guys write off this thing. I'm not saying the games out now, for the most part, aren't gimmicky. Of course they are. But the argument lies in where the gimmick lies. I truly think that with a lot of creative thinking developers could come up with something great. It's new, not bad. I stopped playing games because they have been the same since the NES. Prettier, yes, but the same.
    I think the real problem is lazy thinking on the developers part.
    yes but EVEN with good games the wii remote dosent make it uber special in any way because its what youre use to.

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    yes but EVEN with good games the wii remote dosent make it uber special in any way because its what youre use to.
    I must be missing something, that doesn't make any sense to me.

Member #
    Friends
    What hes saying is, in a year the remote wont be very innovative cause by then anything you could do with it would have been done. I think they will have more varaity useing the GC controller. The remote will get stale.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    4116-4612-5453-3059
    Sega know everything, thats why their consoles doing so well. Oh shi-

Seriously though, come back SEGA. Oh and be good again please.

[Zero Motivation, The Guy With Cloud Envy]

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    What hes saying is, in a year the remote wont be very innovative cause by then anything you could do with it would have been done. I think they will have more varaity useing the GC controller. The remote will get stale.
    yup , and even if they do come out with some new way to play that is oh so fun, history shows it will only be fun for a short period of time before it just becomes "how you play"

Quote Originally Posted by Jay61
    Sega know everything, thats why their consoles doing so well. Oh shi-

Seriously though, come back SEGA. Oh and be good again please.
    lmao that was a great first line

Member #
    Friends
    sega is a well known third party developer. The future of these consoles depend on third party stupport. Lets see if your smart enough to put 1 and 2 together Jay.

btw, the sega dreamcast was an amazing console, far beyond its time. Why did it fail? it lacked third party support. I think sega has a lot more say due to actual experience that you make them out to seem.

Ads