LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

SEGA exec: Wii to look "dated", PS3 to win

Scott Steinberg, VP of marketing for SEGA US, isn't too convinced about Wii's future as a market leader. He believes that PS3 is a far more likely candidate for overall market leader this generation of consoles.

"I am a little concerned about the creative depth of the Wii pool," he told Reuters. "I'm not sure if they will top out in 2008 or 2007."

He's looking past the immediate sales, citing technological barriers. "The Wii will start to look really dated in a couple years when developers get more value from the 360 and learn more and more about the PlayStation 3," Steinberg said.

"But how much value can developers and creative folks get out of this wrist motion two years from now, or five years from now, or ten years from now?"

"How can they design products that aren't too derivative of what's already out there?"

SEGA believes that PS3 will ultimately end up on top, despite it's slow start (especially in comparison to the Wii). Steinberg concluded, "We know the PS3 pool is pretty deep. There's a lot to exploit there."

http://www.psu.com/node/11686
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Member #
    Friends
    5234-2961-1879-5832
    Wishful thinking.

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with the guy. The wii remote is a novelty. I think they should have stayed with a normal controller, and made the wiimote as an accessory. They could have hit a much larger target audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawny
    me want to have sex with other men
    Quote Originally Posted by JeremyGTS
    im a retarted little kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Major Tom
    Well, YOU CAN'T TRADE GAMES. Once you use them on a system they only work on THAT system.
    Maybe I should tell blockbuster to stop renting ps3 games then

Bringer of meaty goodness DBloke's Avatar
    WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    The wiimote is a novelty that pays off
    Its a shame that no companys know how to use it right yet

Like the PS3 the wii needs some killer apps

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

@D_Bloke - My inane prattle

Member #
    Friends
    I agree with prinny, the guy says developer's will continue to get better at developing the graphics for the ps3 and 360 but ignores the opportunity to do the same with gameplay mechanics for the wiimote. I think with the popularity of the Wii (people still can't buy it without hunting) that developers have missed a huge opportunity to sell a lot of software and they will start to rectify that (SEGA excluded). If a developer put some serious thought and creativity into new gameplay techniques, they could turn a game into something more then "just a gimmick". Twilight Princess was awesome and they were just beginning to explore the remote. I don't want to sound like a fanboy but I really do think the Wii could go far if people stop complaining and start working.

Member #
    Friends
    Its not that they dont know how to use it, its the fact they do. Wii games will start having the cube controller as an option and i cant wait. Playing games and having to constantly point the remote at the tv starts to become a pain and after a minute or two i just rest my arm on my leg, wishing i had a normal controller. Honestly, what could they do different with FPS's? Nothing really. If i had a choice, i wouldnt use the remote.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Playing games and having to constantly point the remote at the tv starts to become a pain and after a minute or two i just rest my arm on my leg, wishing i had a normal controller.
    uhhhh hahahahaha, sorry but that makes me laugh. That's the laziest thing I've ever heard. Unfortunately hardcore gamers usually lead a sedentary lifestyle and a couple of grams might be too much for them. Most Wii owners are casual gamers and probably won't faint at the thought of pointing.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    <<<Dosent give a rats arse about how shiny or how meny indevidual hairs on a persons head you cat get

My most played game at the mow is some two the same color bubble game on my phone
    Not exactly cutting edge graphics

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by redwagon76
    uhhhh hahahahaha, sorry but that makes me laugh. That's the laziest thing I've ever heard. Unfortunately hardcore gamers usually lead a sedentary lifestyle and a couple of grams might be too much for them. Most Wii owners are casual gamers and probably won't faint at the thought of pointing.
    People that play the Wii for ten to twenty seconds, yea they wont mind the remote. People that like to play games will want to use a normal controller. For me, ive never needed motion to get into a game. If you did, its not a very good game. Implementing multiple controller options shows the remote is not suitable for all game types.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    8041-7231-3447-6164
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    People that play the Wii for ten to twenty seconds, yea they wont mind the remote. People that like to play games will want to use a normal controller. For me, ive never needed motion to get into a game. If you did, its not a very good game. Implementing multiple controller options shows the remote is not suitable for all game types.
    True
    But the wiimote makes more sencne if used for sports games and shooters
    Where as for rpgs, platformers and such pads will do

Fighting games pad unless there throw the eyes (wiimote in each hand)

You new? See this!
    W
    ii U FAQ

Spoiler Alert!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads