LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Microsoft is the only company that is in the far lead when it comes to actual console growth. Consoles of the past have had their ups and downs too. It takes time to make great games. But, I don't look forward to the joke they call E3 this year. Without support for smaller game developers we can expect more of the same.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    MS is also a company that talks a lot of FUD too. downplaying the PS3 like crazy. and what happened? PS3 silenced them. Hard.

WiiChat Moderator
    Member #
    Friends
    2625-5585-1810-7837
    Yup. Sony is always on top for everything, but the price.
    I live by Occam's Razor. Cliffnotes please.
    WiiChat Forum Moderator
    Need help with anything, PM me.
    Gamertag:Fox Feld
    Wii:Fox
    PSNID:Fox121488
    Pokemon gen4: I can swap my SECs to play but... chances are I already imported my pokes to gen 5 and honestly the loss of items is infuriating.
    White 2 FC: 3526 3286 9253

I don't play your games.
    I play mine.

Member #
    Friends
    The price is great, they are on top of that too.

Microsoft said the 360 would have a lot more then it does, they lied so hard.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    5295-8320-2788-9441
    Quote Originally Posted by XwiimasturX
    Do you wanna play Zelda or Mobile Suit Gundam?

What you don't realize Shift is the fact that all your arguments could be used for both systems. A game doesn't have to be graphically pleasing to be enjoyable. Games like Mobile Suit Gundam *lol* are fairly graphically pleasing except for one thing... the game sucks.

And in another post, you said something like.. "you dont recognize the wii's weakness"

but, for the most part (excluding nfanboy) EVERYONE KNOWS THE WII IS UNDERPOWERED. you dont have to keep bringing that up. and you dont recognize the ps3's weaknesses either. <--not just the price tag.
    gotta agree with that

Favorite Wiichat Members: Leve, CyanRussel, Wario2000, Frogger, Marioman, Mushroomed, SSBB_Lover, Axtlar, Brawny, and balrogs.pa

Smash Bros Brawl Friendcode: 3222 5243 1228

[SIZE="4"]PM me if you have added me

Member #
    Friends
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    it's funny, i was at my buddy's house and he's got an XBOX 360. i was talking to them about the PS3 since i was getting one and i told them you didn't have to pay to go online. they just sat there in silence for like a whole 3 minutes. it was great.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticreaver
    it's funny, i was at my buddy's house and he's got an XBOX 360. i was talking to them about the PS3 since i was getting one and i told them you didn't have to pay to go online. they just sat there in silence for like a whole 3 minutes. it was great.
    did you also tell them the online kinda sucks compared to live?

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovieto
    did you also tell them the online kinda sucks compared to live?
    Not really. The marketplace is much better, but the online gaming isn't much different. The only thing that Live really does better is the unified buddies list.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

Not really. The marketplace is much better, but the online gaming isn't much different. The only thing that Live really does better is the unified buddies list.
    also if HOME is any indication where online is going, Live doesnt stand a chance.

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/08/ha...-for-ps3-home/

Member #
    Friends
    6760-4137-2833-7556
    It's always interesting to me to see how so many people can get so riled up over something that's really not that important. Everyone has their own reasons for buying their consoles of choice. Every now and then, you get the spoiled child or the working adult who makes it a point to get all three consoles in an attempt to "look cool" or to simply get the best from all three. It really doesn't matter.. The fact is, people buy their console of choice for different reasons and will tend stand wholeheartedly behind their monetary decisions with the fear they may have made the wrong choice. It's human nature.

I bought a used Wii a couple months ago, because that was only way I could own a console with my current income. As a 3rd year medical student with roughly 200,000 in debt, the Wii was the most logical choice for my situation. I don't own an HDTV. I'm not even a big time gamer. Therefore, I would argue that the Wii was best choice for me.

If I had the money, I would love to buy a nice widescreen high-definition TV. I would love to own a PS3 with it's superior graphics and Blu-Ray compatibility.

If I had the time, I would love to buy an Xbox 360 with its large library of games. I would buy every single one and play each game non-stop from beginning to end. I would figure out a way to eat all my meals out of a tube, and to build a toilet into my couch, so that I would never have to worry about getting up to fulfill my human necessities.

Truth is, I don't have such luxuries, and as a result, I didn't buy a PS3 or a 360. That doesn't mean I wouldn't want one. I'll be graduating from med school in 2 years and will starting my 3 year pediatric residency with even less time to play video games, and making less than 50,000 dollars a year. By the time I finish my residency, I'll still be 50,000 dollars in debt.

So really.. more power to you if you have the time and the money to own a better system. I'm jealous of your success. Bottom line is, everyone chooses their favorite system based on their own personal preference. There is no reason to be arguing about which is better or which is worse. While a PS3 may be better for someone because of its superior graphics and Blu-Ray playback, I would argue the Wii is better for ME because of its price and innovative gameplay.

We already know all the facts. It just seems like some of us are SO bent on picking and choosing which facts they want to present. Maybe it's fun for you..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Ads