+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422

Final Fantasy XII

I have been wanting to play this game, but unfortunately I gave away my PS2 before it came out so I never got a chance to do so. I got a PS3 today, so I decided to pick up a copy of it. I started playing it expecting something great, as I have never played a FF that I didn't like and they are my favorite series. Well I hate the new combat system. The old turn based system was much better IMO. I haven't got very far, but it seems that it has a pretty good story. It looks like ass too, even with upscaling.

So what do you guys think of this game and the new combat system?

Oh, and sorry about this being in the PS3 section, but we don't have a PS2 section and this seemed to be the most fitting for the topic.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    I actually thought that the battle system was going to be really bad (because I love the turn-based system), but it turned out to be great. It does start off very slow, with limited abilities, but once you master the License Board, you have a great combat system within your grasp.
    I would give anything to have the old system back, but this one is still entertaining.

The key to immortality is first living a life
    worth remembering. - Bruce Lee

PSN ID: Byuakuya

Member #
    Friends
    did you update the firmware all the way? Also did you go into the OS and make sure its displaying the needed resolution? When I got my PS3 I had to manually set the resolution to the max my tv could handle, or else it just displayed the lowest.

Member #
    Friends
    6553-7707-3856-9770
    If you look at PS2 graphics FFXII was top of the line, I own it. It had the best story of all FFs I've ever played (all except FFXI), and the new battle system is phenomenal, it just takes getting used to.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiftfallout
    did you update the firmware all the way? Also did you go into the OS and make sure its displaying the needed resolution? When I got my PS3 I had to manually set the resolution to the max my tv could handle, or else it just displayed the lowest.
    Ya, I have it all setup. I think I am just getting too used to the superb HD graphics on 360/PS3 games.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    To be honest, I thought the new battle system didn't go far enough. I was hoping for them to abandon turn-based combat altogether and go for real-time (like in the Tales series), but instead they went for a bizarre system that was semi-turn-based and was just not much fun. But it's still a pretty good game, the story is good and there's plenty to do.

I never add friend codes.

Quote Originally Posted by AndThen?
    @ROB64 - The longer you spend on this forum, the more you realise that Napalmbrain knows a lot about everything.

Member #
    Friends
    7952-3036-6014-3919
    I liked the new battle system and the graphics were great, but I hated the voice acting and the characters. The only characters that didn't annoy me were Basch, Balthier, and Ashe.
    Pokemon FC: 2535 0616 1267
    Name: Brady
    Mario Kart: 128933 989446
    Gamertag: Vasichek

A random quote: A hero is no braver than an
    ordinary man, but he is braver five minutes
    longer.

Member #
    Friends
    Prefer the turn-based, never really got into it, started playing FFIX and FFX again.
    Just got my Ps3! The Wii is now gathering dust until Super Smash Brawl!

Member #
    Friends
    Didnt like the battle system till i made it active. Got rid of the constant pausing. Try that and see if it helps.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I decided to play it again today actually, I didn't like the battle system at first but it get's amazing further in the game, it's so much more tactical than the others, storyline... amazing! One of the best FF's I've played

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Ads