LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

Monster Hunter selling more than PKmon

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    I find it kinda funny how people are desperately trying to find something to celebrate in. Spin to the extreme.

Quote Originally Posted by ign
    Japanese Sales: 2007's First Half
    The PSP has the number one game for the first six months.
    by Daemon Hatfield
    US, July 5, 2007 - Nintendo may have around 80 percent of the Japanese videogame market between the DS Lite and Wii, but the best-selling game for the first half of 2007 (H1 2007) is a PSP title: Monster Hunter Freedom 2. Coming in at number two was Wii Sports -- which isn't included with the Wii in Japan. The ever-popular Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is resting comfortably in third place, even though it was released back in September 2006. The cumulative sales for Pokemon's first proper DS entry are around 5,185,000, making it by far the best-selling title in the top 100 if you look beyond H1 2007.

A Western-designed game doesn't show up on the list until the 17th spot, with Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (which is published by Capcom in Japan). A PlayStation 3 game doesn't appear until number 29 with Dynasty Warriors: Gundam, and Virtua Fighter 5 is at number 96.

There are no Xbox 360 games in Japan's H1 2007 top 100.

Monster Hunter Freedom 2Unsurprisingly, Nintendo is the top publisher for the first half of the year, with 32 games in the top 100. Capcom is sitting pretty at number two with six titles in the top 100, even though this is fewer than other publishers like Namco Bandai (15 games) and SEGA (10 games). Capcom owes this success mostly to Monster Hunter Freedom 2.

The top 3 best-selling PlayStation 2 games:

Orochi Warriors

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix +

The top 3 best-selling Wii games:

Wii Sports

Wii Play

Super Paper Mario

The top 3 best-selling PS3 games:

Dynasty Warriors: Gundam

Virtua Fighter 5

Pro Yakyu Spirits 4

The top 3 best-selling 360 games:

Gears of War (which sold less than a quarter of any other platform's best-selling title)

Blue Dragon

Eternal Sonata

The top 3 best-selling PSP games:

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions

Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops

The top 3 best-selling DS games:

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl

Yoshi's Island DS

New Super Mario Bros.
    Spin step 1: Say what's supposedly the best, and undermine it with something that is supposed to sell badly.
    step 2: Comment on it's rivals. Then try and turn around the reason for a lack of sales figures as a bad thing, despite it actually not really counting (i.e. Pokemon went on sale September 2006, allowing for the best fans to buy their copy before 2007, so that it doesn't count them in).
    step 3: Have an admission in the middle, where people don't really notice (it's a psychological effect. We best remember things in a list how they began and how they ended).
    step 4: Bitch about the fact that the Japanese don't seem to like Western games.
    step 5: Comment about the rivals again, saying who was the best technically (company-wise), but re-enforce the winner.
    step 6: Add seemingly nonesensical (to the article itself) raw data for all consoles, to leave the reader with a sense of "unbiasedness" in the article.
    step 7: Let the fans take this onto forums to congratulate over having the "best", whilst thinking of another way to make the latest figures of something seem like they're doing amazing.
    Whilst all this is technically true, I'm mostly doing this to peeve fanboys off.
    I suppose it's just how you read it.

Though whilst Sony is doing the victory jig, I'd say that if Sony uses this, like it does any other piece of "evidence", it'll just go to show that Sony would rather fake victory, than admit that something needs to be done.

Anyway, after my kinda depressing reply, I think I need sleep (maybe why I'm, cranky)...
    Last edited by Squall7; 07-06-2007 at 06:51 PM.

Mail me if you want to add me on either the Wii or the 360.

Member #
    Friends
    Bubble still holding.

As it may be just recently and not counting when pkmon was released, that would be intresting to see though, the PSP has fewer out there then DS. Not a very big victory, true, but when you think that there are fewer PSP's, its right impressive when a games sells more with less.

Sony in general has been selling more consoles. PSP, PS2 and PS3 have all gone up. Knowing Sony has many more games planned, I can only imagine how much the sales will be come christmas.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    As it may be just recently and not counting when pkmon was released, that would be intresting to see though, the PSP has fewer out there then DS. Not a very big victory, true, but when you think that there are fewer PSP's, its right impressive when a games sells more with less.
    So it's a semi-victory. It's a victory for Monster Hunter or Capcom, because it's their game. It was despite Sony's PSP that it got top place.

Sony in general has been selling more consoles.
    Sony in general has been selling more consoles than Nintendo generally or just the Wii or DS on it's own?

PSP, PS2 and PS3 have all gone up.
    Demand fluctuates a little generally, especially when hyped up games come out (not saving over hyped, just hyped). I'm sure Wii's sales will spike once Mario Galaxy is released, so long as the demand has been met before then...

Knowing Sony has many more games planned, I can only imagine how much the sales will be come christmas.
    I'm sure we'll see a significant increase, as with all consoles.

...Funny thing about Christmas...

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    how could you compete against wii sports it comes with the wii console

Member #
    Friends
    8420-0141-9022-6948
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    Not in Japan. Even says it in the article:

Coming in at number two was Wii Sports -- which isn't included with the Wii in Japan.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by in touch with the wii
    It was sold seperatly in japan.

Not saying PS is selling more then Nintendo, just they are all increasin where others are slowly dropping, or in the 360 case quickly dropping.

Im curious how many Wiis will sell during christmas. Almost everyone will have one so it may just be software sales.

prez , you suck :p in touch with the wii's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    5767-9309-0719-3080
    so software sales will be huge due to the new games that will be released by then like ssbb and smg

Member #
    Friends
    sony usually starts off slow, the winner is usually the one still running strong. Example, ps2 games are still being made and its a last gen console.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Pokemon has sold so many copies is nauseas. To brag you sold more copies over a game empire like The Sims for a brief moment isn't bragging rights. Then again I'd be happy to see anything eventually dethrone Pokemon. Yawnfest.

Ads