Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8745-5143-2651-5351

Fire Sale

As I understand it, the 80gb model is going to switch to software emulation of legacy titles, presumably to save money, and the extra 20 gb + a pack-in aren't substantial cost increases. They might even be spending less total on this new package than on the old 60gb model, which means less loss per unit.

They're kind of between a rock and a hard place, and this is shifting sideways. They offer a little more (superficially) for the same money, (probably) lose less per sale, get some gains from the 60gb fire sale, and hold out hope that in the long run, gamer's demands for power in an increasingly HD world draw them in and some future games demonstrate that the PS3 can do it better than any other. In the meantime, PSP and PS2 redesigns to increase sales and decrease costs respectively. They don't have tons of other options.

I still anticipate a real price cut this year. Microsoft actually discussed the need for a lower 360 price point recently, indicating that with their lower chip costs, it's on the brain. When it does happen (holiday time), that's going to pressure PS3 to follow just to stand still.

MOHH2: AoW fortunz
    xfire: fortunzfavor

I am mianmini at IGN. fortunzfavor [at] netzero [dot] net

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    this thing was false. It turns out that the dumbass European president of scee said that they will drop it when stock runs out. SCEA denied that and said its not true. What i think and most ppl think is that they will keep both of these sku and then if they do drop the 60gb they will make the 80 gb 499$
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6427&Itemid=2

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial
    I think they're doing something like.. $500 until stock runs out, then 80gb with a game. Suppose to have full backwards compatibility too

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=79731
    You have it mixed up. They have almost full backwards compatibility right now (in America) but the 80GB won't.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    Oh right, thought I got that wrong lol, sorry.. didn't understand it completely.

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    in your head reputation: 101-24 till next block
    Friends
    7927-4585-8292-8959
    The real question is what do they expect people to do with 80gb.. i can't even use 60 on my school labtop ( which i put alot of stuff like games halo bittorent music when it shouldn't ) i am such a rebel

Google is your friend

Ceraintly Own:
    Wii,RedSteel,Legend of Zelda,The godfather ,R4DS & DS,prince of persia

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by ganton
    The real question is what do they expect people to do with 80gb.. i can't even use 60 on my school labtop ( which i put alot of stuff like games halo bittorent music when it shouldn't ) i am such a rebel
    It wouldn't be too hard. I have already used 13GB and I just got mine a few weeks ago. That is just from stuff I downloaded from the PS store, I could put my music collection and some videos on it and fill it up easily.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    8573-5327-9660-0097
    Quote Originally Posted by Thechickenman27
    this thing was false. It turns out that the dumbass European president of scee said that they will drop it when stock runs out. SCEA denied that and said its not true. What i think and most ppl think is that they will keep both of these sku and then if they do drop the 60gb they will make the 80 gb 499$
    http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?op...=6427&Itemid=2
    If you read between the lines, SCEA used bullshit saftey terms like "foreseeable future" to "refute" it.

In other words it is most likely true, wasn't suppose to be released knowledge, and now they are trying to cover it up without lying.

Dreamcast Fan Fo Lyfe

Member #
    Friends
    3049-9371-2306-9680
    I heard there's gonna be an interview next week clarifying whether they are discontinuing the 60gb model or not... Because some Sony people are saying it will be, and some are saying it won't be...

360 GT: LostCelestial
    PSN ID: AerialSpirit

Member #
    Friends
    Everyone is catching on to Sony's crap.
    http://gamepolitics.com/2007/07/13/i...ce-cut-a-sham/
    http://www.joystiq.com/2007/07/13/so...ot-over-in-us/
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/6175011...stnews;title;0

Basically the new PS2 is costing less to make and they are planning to charge the same price.
    Last edited by ciper; 07-14-2007 at 03:16 AM.

Member #
    Friends
    they need to get their heads on straight...

Everything in this signature except for this text was made by Wiired, he is my creator and almighty.

Ads