Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MGS4 gameplay

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

MGS4 gameplay

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/mgs4-gameplay-281772.php

Can you say "Not possible on 360"?

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    i've just seen a link to this on another forum...looks mightily impressive.

there seems to be a few good idea's thrown into the mix, however i'd have
    preferred to have seen snake's animation made more realistic...he still
    minces far too much for my liking.

as for not possible of the 360? we'll have to wait and see......konami would be
    foolish to ignore the 360's userbase....if they do decide to port it, let's hope
    it's given more love and attention than MGS2 was....****ing slowdown on the
    tanker level because of a little bit of rain?
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    Not saying it cant graphically, but with how big the area's are and all the AI and movements, it wont fit on one DVD. It would either be multi disc or crunched pretty bad.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by FR3344LL
    i've just seen a link to this on another forum...looks mightily impressive.

there seems to be a few good idea's thrown into the mix, however i'd have
    preferred to have seen snake's animation made more realistic...he still
    minces far too much for my liking.

as for not possible of the 360? we'll have to wait and see......konami would be
    foolish to ignore the 360's userbase....if they do decide to port it, let's hope
    it's given more love and attention than MGS2 was....****ing slowdown on the
    tanker level because of a little bit of rain?
    Konami already said after the '360 rumors' that they wouldnt betray the Ps3 by giving MGS4 to other consoles. So unless something terrible happens, dont count on it. The graphics were designed specifically for the ps3 on this game.

And as that looks, id say unless they did some nice code tweaking. Theyd have to remove some enviromental effects, or the 360's proccessor would ha ve terrible fps.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

honesty is my only excuse FR3344LL's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Not saying it cant graphically, but with how big the area's are and all the AI and movements, it wont fit on one DVD. It would either be multi disc or crunched pretty bad.
    yeah, see your point.

however, i'd suggest that a lot of 360 owners would put up with a
    "multi disk" version than none at all?
    Ste

Member #
    Friends
    Your lookin at 4 disc minimum. The question is, will Konami put up with that? After one disc, it starts to become more expensive to make for the 360. 3 or 4 disc compared to one doesnt sound good to them. Its why Mass Effect tried to keep the game on one disc.

Like Uncharted. The only reason Drake has so many position when hiding is cause they have the room to put the code in. It would be hard to put 300 different ways to hide after shooting from a corner on a DVD.

I think they will wait for MS next console, hoping it uses a bigger disc.

Member #
    Friends
    That whole space thing with Blu-ray is a trip, 3-4 discs is pretty major stuff. Third party support of these incredible games is looking pretty good for Sony now.

Signature by Syntax

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Is this available on the PS store? I want to see it in HD, but I can't check as my PS3 is updating and it is slow as ****.

Edit: Its not.

Edit Again:
    I can't find it in HD, besides at IGN where you have to be a damn insider to watch it, and in that link the video doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by paintba||er; 07-24-2007 at 03:22 PM.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    saw this earlier, f.ing amazing. want to play it badly, but still not for $500 plus the game and whatnot. Get it below $350 and we'll talk (for both game and system). Congrats to those w/ a ps3 as you'll get to play the title soon.

Hopefully it'll somehow get to the 360 so I don't have to pay for a system for one game. Who knows. None of you work for Konami or for MGS 4, so I dunno why you're claiming it will or will not show up on another console.

Damn good looking game though.

The only problems I have from that demo are the a.i. detection, I mean a couple times the a.i. clearly saw him and didn't react. hopefully that'll be fixed and tightened up.

Also the whole stealth suit anywhere thing, I get the feeling it'll be OMG, I'm in a fight, run around the corner, put my suit on and hide in front of the oppositions face. Can't believe those bird robots didn't drop bombs on his ass when he was croutching on the ground.....again hopefully fixed up.

Member #
    Friends
    7740-5070-1158-5119
    Quote Originally Posted by 2slick
    saw this earlier, f.ing amazing. want to play it badly, but still not for $500 plus the game and whatnot. Get it below $350 and we'll talk (for both game and system). Congrats to those w/ a ps3 as you'll get to play the title soon.

Hopefully it'll somehow get to the 360 so I don't have to pay for a system for one game. Who knows. None of you work for Konami or for MGS 4, so I dunno why you're claiming it will or will not show up on another console.

Damn good looking game though.

The only problems I have from that demo are the a.i. detection, I mean a couple times the a.i. clearly saw him and didn't react. hopefully that'll be fixed and tightened up.

Also the whole stealth suit anywhere thing, I get the feeling it'll be OMG, I'm in a fight, run around the corner, put my suit on and hide in front of the oppositions face. Can't believe those bird robots didn't drop bombs on his ass when he was croutching on the ground.....again hopefully fixed up.
    If there are soldiers aware of his presence, he wouldnt be able to hide easily. Have you even played MGS before?

And the bird thing was more of a staged presence, as in it would happen no matter what. It wasnt designed to attack Snake at that time.

And itll be Ps3-only, because that is how MGS is. And Konami have stated they will keep it there. The only way xbox will get it is a revised copy in several years like the other versions have done. But it could possibly need a big tone-down due to disk space.
    Wii on 25/12/06 - Ps3 on 10/07/07

PSWii Owner
    Brawl: 1976-9887-4438 Bowser Player

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads