+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP vs. DS

Joe
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    The DS! I mean you cant play Zelda and Dragon Quest on the PSP....so **** that

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    What does homebrew ready mean? Is it like the R4DS?
    I know little about the R4DS cause i think its stupid. But in a way it is and its not even close. The R4DS is a way to get music on the DS, correct? If you want music on your hand held, get a PSP

The way its not even close is you dont need all that stuff the R4DS has. You just put emulators on the memory stick and play games off it. Since the PSP is quite a little system, it can run anything up to PSX. Even N64 games are being emulated at full speed.

Homebrew ready means without the need of accessories, i can freely play any game compatable for the PSP with emulators.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    I know little about the R4DS cause i think its stupid. But in a way it is and its not even close. The R4DS is a way to get music on the DS, correct? If you want music on your hand held, get a PSP

The way its not even close is you dont need all that stuff the R4DS has. You just put emulators on the memory stick and play games off it. Since the PSP is quite a little system, it can run anything up to PSX. Even N64 games are being emulated at full speed.

Homebrew ready means without the need of accessories, i can freely play any game compatable for the PSP with emulators.
    The R4DS lets you download any in store game for free on your PC. It's probably illegal and I don't have it, I just hear people who have it.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    PSP is pretty weak actually. the graphics do look very good for a portable, but since the games they try to port over are usually shooters, and the control scheme is just terrible, its not that good. UMD's and pretty much dead in the market right now, so its not looking very good for it. the new PSP Lite isn't anything near what was needed, so im pretty sure the PSP is going to die soon.

im not a fanboy, DS has many issues too, but it takes advantage of what its good at (touchscreen and fun minigames, with the occasional good shooter.)
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    PSP is pretty weak actually. the graphics do look very good for a portable, but since the games they try to port over are usually shooters, and the control scheme is just terrible, its not that good. UMD's and pretty much dead in the market right now, so its not looking very good for it. the new PSP Lite isn't anything near what was needed, so im pretty sure the PSP is going to die soon.

im not a fanboy, DS has many issues too, but it takes advantage of what its good at (touchscreen and fun minigames, with the occasional good shooter.)
    Well the DS Lite wasnt even close to and improvment. The DS Phat was dying and they needed to save it. Its got nothing new, just smaller. At least the PSP is trying to get better.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    5926-3597-6847-7270
    Well the DS Lite wasnt even close to and improvment. The DS Phat was dying and they needed to save it. Its got nothing new, just smaller. At least the PSP is trying to get better.
    well, the DS Phat didn't have any actual problems, it was just a lack of good games. seeing as how countless shooters are being put on the PSP and there's no second analog stick, they should have solved that problem, not just copy Nintendo again.

yes, Sony's trying. but they should leave handhelds to Nintendo and stick with what they're good at: consoles.
    Join the Buy BWii Campaign and Buy BWii!
    Spoiler Alert!

Don't Mind Me. I'm Stupid XwiimasturX's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    I would hardly say that the DS phat was dying, but i think that lite was an improvement. (brighter screens, nicer stylus)

i still have a phat and i love it.

the psp is the one whos dying now. (three words: eight to one)

Member #
    Friends
    gamer con why are you a sony fanboy on a wii forum

neither of them are dying
    i don't like portable game systems can do that
    their sales are far greater than home consoles
    but imo the ds is better

this is my logic as to why the ds is better:
    in terms of portable games...the psp has games you'd like to sit at home and play, with better graphics

games like super mario bros i have no problem sitting outside my work playing or on a bus

i just think the ds has way better software...sure it has games i would never buy that a psp fanboy would say "have fun playing nintendogs" but if i ever got a psp it would be for holding music, a bunch of my co-workers have psps and they were trying to sell it to me, because they have an ipod and gmaes they've already beaten
    however since i have an ipod and a ds i don't see a point of having a psp, i enjoy playing iwht my ds lite a lot

[/end pointless rant that had a bunch of randomness in it]
    Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by FWELR
    yes, Sony's trying. but they should leave handhelds to Nintendo and stick with what they're good at: consoles.
    I kinda agree, but if there wasn't any competition then they won't be as good. If there was only one company that ever made consoles then we would probably still be using a console equal to the N64 and have a bunch of shitty games. If there was no competition then Sony and MS wouldn't be using advanced hardware that they are losing money on.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    If you'd rather play good games than music, movies, and crappy games, get a DS. Metroid Prime Hunters is a great shooter in multiplayer and the intense blood and gore really isn't that bad. Also Mario Kart DS is a good racing game that should last you a while, plus you can race wifi unless your gonna
    B!@#$ about snakers. MPH wifi too. PSP SUCKS! but I can't really be sure.

Ads