Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP vs. DS

Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0000-0000-0000-0000

PSP vs. DS

No PSP forum so....

I just wanted to hear your opinions on why the PSP is better or the DS is better. I have a DS, but it's kind of worn and breaking, so I wanted to hear your opinions of whether I should buy a PSP or a DS. I searched and could find minimal about it. I'm into shooters, but not too bloody, and racing games are pretty good. Any opinions? Also do you need a memory card for the PSP? I don't really know much about it...
    Last edited by manufan15; 07-25-2007 at 04:32 PM.
    "For remember, fear doesn't exist anywhere except in the mind"

2. Ads

Wanna buy sum pegs, Dave? mushy_peas's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    2266-7584-2659-5107
    i had a PSP and i didnt like it that much. yes u get a memory card with it but only small 32MB me thinks. the psp is good for other media such as videos n such, which i found good until i realised what a waste of time it was, if i want to watch sum vids i can go on my pc. the games for the psp are pretty poo, i cant think of 1 game which is worth spending £20 on.
    i now have a DS lite and find it a lot more entertaining as the games are more entertaining, the ds is meant for games, if you wanna watch vids or look at pics, get an ipod video theres no need for them on a GAMES console.

i am not a nintendo fanboy otherwise i wouldnt of HAD a psp, so before anyone is like WTF OMFG OMG OFGMDN and woteva, its just my opinion

join prinnys new forum:

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Yea I had a DS and loved it - until wifi wouldn't work anymore. I know what it is too, and I can't fix it. Anyway, I was just looking maybe for some more realistic games such as medal of honor and star wars battlefront. Maybe Ratchet Clank, and MLB something. Anyway thanks for your opinion. Much Apreciated.

Member #
    Friends
    2266-7584-2659-5107
    well most of the PSP games are rips off the ps2, the graphics wont look too great and realistic, everyone says that the PSP has equal graphics to PS2 but they dont, the picture is sharp, so sharp that it makes some things look very blocky and bad. if you want games get a DS, if you want media get a ipod video, if you want a ps1 and a 1/2 get a PSP, also the battery lif is pretty poor. dont know about the new one though

join prinnys new forum:

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    I have both, but don't really like either of them. The PSP hardly has any good games, but I probably use it more, just for the internet and other multimedia functions. The DS has more good games than the PSP, but there still aren't a huge amount of them that appeal to me.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    I have both, but don't really like either of them. The PSP hardly has any good games, but I probably use it more, just for the internet and other multimedia functions. The DS has more good games than the PSP, but there still aren't a huge amount of them that appeal to me.
    What games do you recommend on the PSP if any? Or which ones are just decent?

Member #
    Friends
    2266-7584-2659-5107
    Quote Originally Posted by manufan15
    What games do you recommend on the PSP if any? Or which ones are just decent?
    i had GTA, liberty city stories, i got some enjoyment out of that but the controls are awful and really make your thumbs ache.
    the warriors is an awesome game too but its on the ps2 too for half the price

join prinnys new forum:

Member #
    Friends
    Well when it comes to media functions, a lot of people confuse the PSP for a home console. Yes you can go to a PC and watch movies or listen to music but the same can be said for an iPod. Why get an iPod when the PC holds a lot more songs? Its mobile.

I truly love my PSP cause i visit friends and family often, its the best portable i have. I also have mine homebrew ready, which makes it that much better then the DS.

Theres nothing wrong with porting PS2 games. Nintendo is doing it with the Wii and GC. Best games on Wii are currently GC ports.

Look at it as something to take with you, not sit at home and play. Thats what a lot of people are missing when it comes to the PSP.

I don't want rep. Rep me again and I'll have half a mind to rep each and every one of you.

Currently learning HTML & SEO & JavaScript

It seems I still have allies on WiiChat.

Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerCon
    Well when it comes to media functions, a lot of people confuse the PSP for a home console. Yes you can go to a PC and watch movies or listen to music but the same can be said for an iPod. Why get an iPod when the PC holds a lot more songs? Its mobile.

I truly love my PSP cause i visit friends and family often, its the best portable i have. I also have mine homebrew ready, which makes it that much better then the DS.

Theres nothing wrong with porting PS2 games. Nintendo is doing it with the Wii and GC. Best games on Wii are currently GC ports.

Look at it as something to take with you, not sit at home and play. Thats what a lot of people are missing when it comes to the PSP.
    What does homebrew ready mean? Is it like the R4DS?

Member #
    Friends
    The PSP is perfect for those who want a blackberry but want to ruin any chance they have of losing their virginity!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Ads