LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    5457-8878-2124-2087

What the heck is WRONG with people???

Why are companies making so many shooting games for the PS3??? The Wii was MADE for taking advantage of motion controls AND POINTING!!! Can anyone please explain?

Spoiler Alert!

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Because the Wii is meant to attract people who wouldn't normally buy a console, not the hardcore gamers that would play those types of games.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    The ps3 in my opinion was meant for shooting games. I tried COD 3 on the wii, it was pretty much impossible. With the wii you have to be dam accurate just to kill somebody. Like paintballer said, the wii is for people that don't really play.

Member #
    Friends
    shooting games are usually very mature.... And sony consoles will usually have games that will have alot of blood and violence in it. so companies would always make more shootin games for the ps3.
    My Ds friend code and nickaname is:

hotpotato
    Mario kart-348008-229883
    Pokemon Diamond- 2835 8372 1415

So Pm when you add me

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Let me explain why this is. Every year or two the game industry, like movies, and music go through copy trends. One person makes something like Halo. The game sells well, and poser companies start thinking, "I wanna be like Mike." Although few can play as well as Michael Jordan. The result? We get a genre, and style people will mimic for years to come. This is why fighting games and RPGs no longer have the presence they had 6 years ago.

Until something replaces this current market of MMOs and FPS games, a gun wielding orc is just going to be the norm.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Let me explain why this is. Every year or two the game industry, like movies, and music go through copy trends. One person makes something like Halo. The game sells well, and poser companies start thinking, "I wanna be like Mike." Although few can play as well as Michael Jordan. The result? We get a genre, and style people will mimic for years to come. This is why fighting games and RPGs no longer have the presence they had 6 years ago.

Until something replaces this current market of MMOs and FPS games, a gun wielding orc is just going to be the norm.
    But he is asking why they aren't on the Wii, not why there are so many FPS. Also, there are a lot of FPSs that are better than Halo IMO. Halo was the best when it came out, but since then it isn't too great since there are plenty of other games that are just as good.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Nintendo is recovering from the GC era. Most developers left Nintendo's Game Cube and went for Sony. It takes years to make games. If a game developer shows interest now in Nintendo, we won't see results for at least 2 years.

Last Gen Sales not final till late 2008.
    GC 25 million units
    Xbox 26 million units
    PS2 110 million units

Current Gen close to exact
    Wii 9 million units
    360 12 million units
    PS3 3.8 million units
    Last edited by sagema; 08-08-2007 at 02:39 PM.

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    Nintendo is recovering from the GC era. Most developers left Nintendo's Game Cube and went for Sony. It takes years to make games. If a game developer shows interest now in Nintendo, we won't see results for at least 2 years.
    unless that company is rockstar, or any other of the countless developers that have jumped all over the wii, but wouldn't have gone any where near the cube.

there's gonna be plenty of shooters on the wii. i think the control mechanic will be perfected within the next year or so, and the games that do nail it are gonna be huge sellers.

i expect metroid (supposedly great controls) and medal of honor (online) to do extremely well.

there's plenty of hardcore shooter-loving gamers out there with wiis, not just the casual gamer. the wii's library will be huge and it will cover all genres.

Member #
    Friends
    3099-0319-5478-2979
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er
    Because the Wii is meant to attract people who wouldn't normally buy a console, not the hardcore gamers that would play those types of games.
    Seriously enough with this man, the wii is not made to attract non-gamers.
    Clearly not just non-gamers buy the wii, and just because there are non-gamers buying it that doesn't answer why there is not more shooters.

Sagema said it best.

CantGetAWii
    ProudWii60Owner

'I don't want to go back, I want a new day & age.'

Retired Moderator-[PM]

Brawl FC: 4682-8172-0512 [PM for add]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumn0ob
    So all we have to do to become mods is be online all time I can do that on break which is now

Member #
    Friends
    Because the Wii is for tennis and the PS3 is for shooting games hahaha. jk.
    Pokemon Diamond Friend Code:
    0860 0667 1123
    Feel free to add me! If you do, let me know.

Ads