+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    What are you going to do when they launch another PS3 version next year? I heard Sony has plans for a controller port, memory card version. After that they want to launch another version with a smaller, weaker/cheaper cell processor, and finally a version with rumble pack. There will be at least 2 more version launches in the next 2 years. So much for the console that's supposed to last you 10 years. The 20gig version looks more and more useless.
    LOL what does that matter? If they come out with new ones, in most cases it will be an unneeded upgrade, or they will be worse than the older ones.

Controller Port - Completely unneeded.
    Memory Card - Completely unneeded and an adapter can just be purchased to do the same thing.
    Weaker Processor - Probably won't be weaker, it will probably just be a 65nm version. And even if it is weaker, that would make the older consoles better.
    Rumble - That would just be a new controller, that all the consoles could accept.

And how is the 20GB useless? Unless you need memory card ports or WiFi then it will be capable of everything the 60GB and 80GB are.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    yea ps3 is getting 65nm chips soon but thats no big deal

and paint im gonna add you on psn soon

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    1. Sony signed a deal with Immersion for Rumble Pack features on the next PS3 version. No idea if they'll do it or not, but they did pay Immersion millions for it.
    2. Without memory card ports, it's difficult to port PS1-2 data. You have to pay extra money for an adapter, or start all your PS1-2 games over from scratch. Not a good idea for those of us who actually own more than 5 games.
    3. The best games, FF13, MGS4 will push the limits of the PS3, they will be the first not to work with changes to the cell processor. Sony ran into the same problems when FF10-12(Their best made games) wouldn't work with the backwards compatability at first. They do have a hard drive, and they did fix it, so this may be a temporary issue.
    4. Game demos are over 1gb, a 20gb hard drive is like a 512mb Wii hard drive. Simply not enough room for the long haul. PS3 home and other features will pile into 5gb.
    5. Sony promoted the PS3 as a system that will last 10 years. Their own words, not mine. When Sony stops making contradictions, we'll have a better idea what they have planned for the future. They should tell their marketting department to shut up and focus on lower their game prices $10 to derail the 360.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    1. Sony signed a deal with Immersion for Rumble Pack features on the next PS3 version. No idea if they'll do it or not, but they did pay Immersion millions for it.
    2. Without memory card ports, it's difficult to port PS1-2 data. You have to pay extra money for an adapter, or start all your PS1-2 games over from scratch. Not a good idea for those of us who actually own more than 5 games.
    3. The best games, FF13, MGS4 will push the limits of the PS3, they will be the first not to work with changes to the cell processor. Sony ran into the same problems when FF10-12(Their best made games) wouldn't work with the backwards compatability at first. They do have a hard drive, and they did fix it, so this may be a temporary issue.
    4. Game demos are over 1gb, a 20gb hard drive is like a 512mb Wii hard drive. Simply not enough room for the long haul. PS3 home and other features will pile into 5gb.
    5. Sony promoted the PS3 as a system that will last 10 years. Their own words, not mine. When Sony stops making contradictions, we'll have a better idea what they have planned for the future. They should tell their marketting department to shut up and focus on lower their game prices $10 to derail the 360.
    1. The rumble will just be in new controllers, new consoles probably won't be needed.
    2. The 360 is doing fine without memory card slots. Sure it pissed some people off, but I doubt it would really hurt their sales.
    3. Like I said, they will probably just be 65nm, but not weaker. Even if they were I'm sure they would make sure that all the games work on both models.
    4. Ya, if you want to use it as a media hub for all your music, movies, and stuff then 20GB isn't going to be enough. But it is fine if you just want it for gaming. Plus you can always easily replace the HDD. Again, look at the 360. The premium has been doing fine yet it only has a 20GB HDD, which is perfect if you just want to play games and not watch a bunch of movies and stuff.
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    paint i added you to my ps3

and to the other guy

yea ps3 did sign a contract with immersion but then again they have been looking into the new and fresh technology called "touchsense"

20 GB is anough of a hraddrive for demos and games

and as for the mem and controller, like paint said look at the xbox 360

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Only time will tell. It would be great if they stopped making anymore new versions. The 80gb is enough. I still think it's excessive for any console in history to have 3 versions come out in less than a year.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    Only time will tell. It would be great if they stopped making anymore new versions. The 80gb is enough. I still think it's excessive for any console in history to have 3 versions come out in less than a year.
    actully no sony said that since their taking out the EE chip they might aswell put more hardrive into it

thats the reason the third was released

!SUPERMOD! *blu mushroom* mk_south_london's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    7195-7874-4951-1917
    i think ur review is overrating but hey what can i say

YOU SUCK^^^^

Member #
    Friends
    The PS3 would be better if it had good games. But I hate the PS controllers, they suck. Crappy motion-sensing. It feels cheap. Yuck.

I find the PS3 by far the crappiest of the next-gen consoles. Utter disgrace really. And too expensive. It's a bomb.
    Isn't it ironic to yell "SILENCE!"?

Close ur legs, I can smell ur dad's mouthwash.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    Quote Originally Posted by die2u2
    The PS3 would be better if it had good games. But I hate the PS controllers, they suck. Crappy motion-sensing. It feels cheap. Yuck.

I find the PS3 by far the crappiest of the next-gen consoles. Utter disgrace really. And too expensive. It's a bomb.
    why do people tend to say that while they now nothing about the games

lets see

resistence
    oblivion
    motorstorm
    ninja gaiden sigma
    all ratchet and clank games
    all god of war games
    shadow of collowses
    ETC

and then theirs

ratchet and clank
    MGS4
    killzone 2
    HAZE
    little big planet
    resident evil 5
    GT5
    assasins creed
    lair
    warhawk
    kingdom hearts 3( enough with the "it will be on wii" the compan has already anounced that it needs a power full system"

^^^

thats not the whole list, im no gonna put all the games, i remember seeing a very long list of em

and as for the motio sensing, you cn turn it of if you dont like it

oh and you forgot the part

that its a blu ray player,dvd player ETC..

Ads