Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7428-8550-5786-2492

PS3:first impressions

Ps3 first impressions

You all knew this was coming

This is my review on my awesome ps3
    Now before I start this review I want everyone to know that I wrote this dam review 3 times cause I kept sighing out so I decided to put it on Word and then on to ps3forums.com

Packaging:
    It comes with the
    ~console
    ~wires
    ~controller

It doesnít come with a HDMI cable though, but youíre getting a whole lot from a the PS3 so... donít be cheap
    Overall: it was okay but it was hard taking the console out due to the cardboards... I give it a 9

Installination:
    After you plug in all the wires and what not, you turn the console on.
    It will ask you to put your language, country, time and what not
    After you configure your settings and hook your console on to the internet (I did it Wi-Fi) you have to update the console. It took me about 30 mins, but people are complaning that it takes them like 5 hours (Google it)

Now you will have to make your PSN ID

After that I started downloading demos,

Overall: It took me around 2 hours (I was downloading allot of demos) but it was fun =) I give it a 9.0 as well because it was easy but it wasnít fast

Console:
    It has a DVD player,Blu ray player, Gaming console, iPod charge station, It will soon record TV shows, It has online demos free, free online, add ons, backward compatibility (well they stopped putting EE chips into the 80Gb consoles and theirs only limited amount of 60GIGs so get while their hot),video content

What else can a man ask for?

I want to elaborate on the DVD for abit

Yea I had a burned movie which my ps2 could never play but my DVD player could, but my ps3 plays it, in other words ps3 has a good DVD player!

Up till now itís been all good and thereís more eye candy on the way

Overall: ill give it a 10 well because....do I have to spell it out for you

Games:

I got a motorstorm game with it for only 20 bucks more, but it didnít work because it was corrupted

So I went and got Ninja Gaiden sigma instead
    Up till now I love the games on ps3, I have played allot of demos and my favs are

Resistance
    Motor storm
    Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    Heavenly sword
    Blastfacter (yea I like shooting bloody things)

And theirs more good games coming for it

Let me correct myself theirs allot more good games coming for it

Overall: I like the games and theirs more coming so yea a 9.9 is in order! (I took .1 away cause of the corrupted disk; Iím still pissed about that.

Closing comments:

Ps3 is a beast, latterly
    If u have seen the killzone 2 and MGS4 trailers you know why I say this
    But uptill now no dev has unlocked the power of it yet, hell some of them are struggling with it.
    So if you donít have a ps3 I swear to god get one or else....Iím gonna throw ninja stars at you

Overall: the ps3 gets a 9.4

Please no flaming

And if you wanno add me to PSN please PM me.....please Iím so lonely........so sooo lonely
    Last edited by zeon9881; 08-08-2007 at 07:53 PM.

Quote by: Danny_c from Ps3forums

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    I coulda swore that there was a topic named this. Thought somebody was necro-ing!

Yeah, I very much want the PS3.
    I need my fill of super awesome graphics.
    So then I can have hopefully innovative fun on my wii, and then Hi-def fun on the PS3.

I'll enjoy Sony's RPGs, because you have to face it. Aside from Zelda (which is really more of an action adventure game), they've got the good, meaty RPGs.

And then I want wifi. No 100 dollar accessory for me puh-leez.

And I MIGHT merit getting a blue-ray DVD one day when I get my job and can afford to throw 5 or 10 bucks more at a movie.

I wanna see what the developers do with all that space on the Blu-Ray.

But I'ma pick up a wimpy 20 gig. I don't need the extra space, and I wanna say that it comes with the same things as the 60 and 80 gig.

Nice review though.
    Good when people learn that one console can't be the best.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    they dont sell 20 GB or 60 GB anymore only 80GB is in now

no thanks. i could not care less about home. its a very neat idea, but i didnt buy a video game system to enter a "virtual" world.

Member #
    Mormonville, Utah XBL GamerTag: sheise PSNID: sheise
    Friends
    8354-0173-2009-5422
    Quote Originally Posted by Trulen
    I coulda swore that there was a topic named this. Thought somebody was necro-ing!

Yeah, I very much want the PS3.
    I need my fill of super awesome graphics.
    So then I can have hopefully innovative fun on my wii, and then Hi-def fun on the PS3.

I'll enjoy Sony's RPGs, because you have to face it. Aside from Zelda (which is really more of an action adventure game), they've got the good, meaty RPGs.

And then I want wifi. No 100 dollar accessory for me puh-leez.

And I MIGHT merit getting a blue-ray DVD one day when I get my job and can afford to throw 5 or 10 bucks more at a movie.

I wanna see what the developers do with all that space on the Blu-Ray.

But I'ma pick up a wimpy 20 gig. I don't need the extra space, and I wanna say that it comes with the same things as the 60 and 80 gig.

Nice review though.
    Good when people learn that one console can't be the best.
    You say you want WiFi, but you are going to get a 20GB? The 20GB doesn't have WiFi. And they haven't sold them for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeon
    they dont sell 20 GB or 60 GB anymore only 80GB is in now
    They still sale the 60GB, but they are going to stop producing them.....
    ++++++[>++++++++++<-]>+.<+++[>++++<-]>+.<+++++[>+++++++<-]>++.++++.<+++[>---<-]>--.<+++++[>----------<-]>--------.<+++++++++++++[>++<-]>.<+++++[>+++++<-]>.<++++[>++++<-]>+..<++[>----<-]>-.<++[>+++++<-]>.

Member #
    Friends
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

You say you want WiFi, but you are going to get a 20GB? The 20GB doesn't have WiFi. And they haven't sold them for quite a while.

Aw dang.
    I can't find info on the difference between the two anywheres.

Well, looks like I can work a little more and scuff up for a 60GB.
    'Cause I bet there's a plethera of games I've never played for the PS2.
    That turtle has a brief case. It must be going to work. I hope it has a good day.

Member #
    Friends
    i would just like to say ps3 is awsome

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    Quote Originally Posted by paintba||er

actully they already stopped producing them and my near by wal-mart didnt have any 60's just 80's which come with motorstorm

Member #
    Friends
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    What are you going to do when they launch another PS3 version next year? I heard Sony has plans for a controller port, memory card version. After that they want to launch another version with a smaller, weaker/cheaper cell processor, and finally a version with rumble pack. There will be at least 2 more version launches in the next 2 years. So much for the console that's supposed to last you 10 years. The 20gig version looks more and more useless.

Member #
    Friends
    2783-8719-1866-4201
    A good console, but it didn't appeal to me as much as 360/Wii. Though it's pretty good.

-=Join The Waluigi Fan Club=-
    --- Wii Friend Code: 2783-8719-1866-4201 ---
    --- MoH:H2 Persona: shrimpy20 ---
    --- Want more info? PM me! ---
    --- http://www.hellzoneclan.org ---

Member #
    Friends
    7428-8550-5786-2492
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    What are you going to do when they launch another PS3 version next year? I heard Sony has plans for a controller port, memory card version. After that they want to launch another version with a smaller, weaker/cheaper cell processor, and finally a version with rumble pack. There will be at least 2 more version launches in the next 2 years. So much for the console that's supposed to last you 10 years. The 20gig version looks more and more useless.
    1. sony has stated that their are no plans of installing a controllerport to the system, and for the memory card, sony has stated since ps3 has built in memory this will not be needed

2. games are coming out which will use 80-97% of the cpu, if the downgrade it these games will be useless, the thing your talking about is the chips, they will make them smaller theirfore making the ps3 cheaper but as for the cell processer, it remains

3. lets try to remember the ps3 is more then a "console" shall we

4. when sony said the system will last you awhile ( not ten years) they were also takling about the blu-ray player, DVD player, cdplayer, Ipod charger,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads