LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Wow, the business and long term viability assessment of BD vs. HD-DVD in this thread is a riot! I guess once you make a decision of one vs. the other you toss logic out the window in support of your chosen format.

FWIW, I suggest anyone interested in more reasonable discussions of the state of HDM, to head over to AVSForum.

On topic: If you've looked at the available games and see titles that interest you, then it seems like a great idea. You get a HDM player (BD), a nice media console, killer game machine, etc. Looks like there's enough crossover and exclusive titles on the PS3 to justify it (though I'd say the same thing about the X360).

The wifey really wanted Zelda and Mario so I scored a WII (admittedly, I'm having fun with it as well) - we both want the next gen RE (and pretty much any Horror Survival type games), so we may eventually pick up an X360 or PS3 (whichever platform seems to offer the most support of that genre). For us it's more about having time to even play! Hahaha, it took us like 5 months to finish God Of War II between travel, work, fun, surfing, boating, etc., etc.

Good luck, I think you'll enjoy the PS3 if you go that direction.

~DT

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    no, you shouldn't buy a PS3 for Christmas, instead send the money you would have spent to me and I will buy a PS3 and check it out for you and if any good will forward it on to you.

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    Quote Originally Posted by Aussiewii1
    so are we gonna need three dvd players to watch movies from now on ?

1 for blu ray movies
    1 for standard movies
    1 for hd movies

wtf
    Is that a serious question?
    Here is, in my opinion, the tip of the iceberg for what we are most likely going to see in the future from all manufacturers.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165610378688

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by blueovalboy7
    Is that a serious question?
    Here is, in my opinion, the tip of the iceberg for what we are most likely going to see in the future from all manufacturers.
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1165610378688
    Yeah, but doesn't the PS3 already do that? Plus it plays games too, does many things a PC can do, and is also cheaper. A PS3 is obviously something to be had if it can be afforded, it does everything the Wii can't and has a very low failure rate.

Signature by Syntax

They call me Hammy! blueovalboy7's Avatar
    Member #
    Friends
    0000-0000-0000-0000
    PS3 does not play HD-DVD, though it will play the other two formats. I agree with you though, the PS3 is worth it, but I won't get one until their game selection broadens.

Ads