LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Account Suspended callme.nasty's Avatar
    Member #
    11708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]

    About to buy, have some questions

    Hey, i'm about to buy a ps3. I was wondering how much of a difference there is between playing on a regular tv, and playing on an HD tv with HD cables. If so, what cables do i need, component cables? Also, can i hook this thing up wirelessly, or do i need to use the ethernet? What are the controller cables for? do they charge it? if so, how do i do that? Is there a standby mode like the ps2 had, or do i just use the switch in the back? Also, what is the PSnetwork. i see you have to sign up for that. does it cost money?

    thanks, sorry for so many questions.


    MSC: 313639 514752

  2. #2
    WiiChat Member LaZer's Avatar
    Member #
    34501
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Packer State, USA
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3525-6550-4927-2893
    I too am thinking of buying. I know it has wi-fi so you can be online W/O the unsightly ethernet cable running accross the floor of your game room or what not.

  3. #3
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by callme.nasty
    Hey, i'm about to buy a ps3. I was wondering how much of a difference there is between playing on a regular tv, and playing on an HD tv with HD cables. If so, what cables do i need, component cables? Also, can i hook this thing up wirelessly, or do i need to use the ethernet? What are the controller cables for? do they charge it? if so, how do i do that? Is there a standby mode like the ps2 had, or do i just use the switch in the back? Also, what is the PSnetwork. i see you have to sign up for that. does it cost money?

    thanks, sorry for so many questions.
    1. It makes a good difference between HD and regular.
    2. Do you have an HD tv? If so use cables above component cables. The highest is HDMI. It's more expensive but it looks great.
    3. Hooking it up wirelessly is SO easy.
    4. Controller cable is to charge the controller. You just plug it into the USB port in the front of the PS3 while the PS3 is on.
    5. Just like the PS2 with the Standby mode.
    6. It is the way you go online and play. FREE!!!!!!!!!!

    I love my PS3. Great decision.

    Resistance is an awesome game story mode and Multiplayer.
    What part of PA are you from?


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  4. #4
    Account Suspended callme.nasty's Avatar
    Member #
    11708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    1. It makes a good difference between HD and regular.
    2. Do you have an HD tv? If so use cables above component cables. The highest is HDMI. It's more expensive but it looks great.
    3. Hooking it up wirelessly is SO easy.
    4. Controller cable is to charge the controller. You just plug it into the USB port in the front of the PS3 while the PS3 is on.
    5. Just like the PS2 with the Standby mode.
    6. It is the way you go online and play. FREE!!!!!!!!!!

    I love my PS3. Great decision.

    Resistance is an awesome game story mode and Multiplayer.
    What part of PA are you from?
    45 min south of philly. how do i connect through wi-fi. i have a wireless router and everything. do i have to sign up before connecting? yes i have HD tv. Its 125 inches and my dad won't let me use it unless i'm playing something HD, which is why i'm buying the ps3. I want something with real cool graphics in a good multiplayer that WON'T get boring. I'm thinking motorstorm or GRAW2.

    On a side note, my friend wants to sell MLB 2k7 (PS3), i hate that game so i don't want it. he wants to know how much its worth....


    MSC: 313639 514752

  5. #5
    Cogito Ergo Sum JAKE196's Avatar
    Member #
    34237
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
    Posts
    1,720
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    i wouldn't bother till 08
    Wii games: Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Resident Evil 4, Zelda TP, SSX: Blur, Excite Truck, The Godfather, and Mario Kart Wii
    PC games: Call of Duty 4, Halo 1, UT3, F.E.A.R., and The Orange Box.
    PS3 games: Ratchet and Clank F.T.O.D., Resistance 2, Wipeout HD, and MGS4.

  6. #6
    Account Suspended callme.nasty's Avatar
    Member #
    11708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by JAKE196
    i wouldn't bother till 08
    i'm getting it cheaper then normal...


    MSC: 313639 514752

  7. #7
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by callme.nasty
    45 min south of philly. how do i connect through wi-fi. i have a wireless router and everything. do i have to sign up before connecting? yes i have HD tv. Its 125 inches and my dad won't let me use it unless i'm playing something HD, which is why i'm buying the ps3. I want something with real cool graphics in a good multiplayer that WON'T get boring. I'm thinking motorstorm or GRAW2.

    On a side note, my friend wants to sell MLB 2k7 (PS3), i hate that game so i don't want it. he wants to know how much its worth....
    I believe you have to have the system search for your router. Resistance is a good multiplayer game.


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  8. #8
    Account Suspended callme.nasty's Avatar
    Member #
    11708
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    540
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    I believe you have to have the system search for your router. Resistance is a good multiplayer game.
    whats the difference/pros/cons between resistance and GRAW 2?

    EDIT:anyone know if blockbuster rents out blu-ray movies, or if blu-ray is much of a difference from HD?
    Last edited by callme.nasty; 09-28-2007 at 10:30 PM.


    MSC: 313639 514752

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts