LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    I heard the 40gb rumor too. I think it's something Sony may be working on now. I remember people laughing at the 80gb being a reality. Now we have 80gb versions.

    I'm not sure how you are getting excited? In recent news Sony has been selling off portions of their company to other companies to make quick cash. Pair that off with their awful launches of Lair, Warhawk(It was a good game despite it's low sales), and Heavenly Sword, each costed well over $15 million to make. Square, EA, and Capcom have pretty much abandoned Sony. I recommend checking out all the latest news, there's just so much not going right for Sony right now. It's a mistake to buy a PS3 when you don't know what version they'll launch next and which one they will cancel. My advice is wait until the end of 2008, you could also save $200 by doing so.
    Companies do things like that all the time. It's just business. I thought Warhawk was actually selling well but who cares. If the game is good then what do sales matter. Square has abandoned Sony? I haven't heard anything like this. Final Fantasy XIII is coming out for PS3 as well as FFXIII Verses. PS3 is worth buying now if you want. Really good games are on the way. There might be a price cut in early '08, so you could wait for that.


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  2. Ads


  3. #12
    JT.
    JT. is offline
    A glitch in life JT.'s Avatar
    Member #
    21880
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    638
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDemon
    Well... from what it seems like is that sony is f*in up ... i would recommend a xbox 360 instead only because like 85% of the ps3's library is on the 360.. not only that but there are so much more games out for the 360 than the ps3.. unless your waiting for metal gear 4 go for it i guess.. but just the fact that the developers are fleeing the ps3 is well enough to say that this console isn't doing so hot. . don't get me wrong .. i'm not saying its a crappy system. its just that give it some more time before you actually invest on it.. let it get more sweeter
    Agreed completely on this. I really don't think the ps3 is worth it's price, and yes, there are barely any ps3 only titles. Xbox live is kicksass as well, another good reason to get it.

    Signature under construction



    "Life's a game", and I lost the manual...


  4. #13
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by JT.
    Agreed completely on this. I really don't think the ps3 is worth it's price, and yes, there are barely any ps3 only titles. Xbox live is kicksass as well, another good reason to get it.
    PS3 is the better value compared to the 360 IMO. 99.99 for a wireless adapter and 50 bucks for live for a year. When I bought my PS3 Xbox was still at 399.99(premium) and PS3 just went to 499.99. PS3 was cheaper in the end and had a bigger Harddrive. Come on Microsoft, thats a little excessive. Free wifi and online gaming with the PS3. Granted it's not as good as live but at that price, its a better deal IMO. You don't need to buy an external Blu-ray player like the 360 HD-DVD. PS3 has some pretty good PS3 only titles. There isn't as much as the 360 but IT'S UNDER A YEAR OLD! There is always a slow period. PS3 has great potential and the games are on the way.

    I would like to have a 360 but I don't feel like paying for the extras.


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  5. #14
    WiiChat Member LaZer's Avatar
    Member #
    34501
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Packer State, USA
    Posts
    35
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    3525-6550-4927-2893
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    PS3 is the better value compared to the 360 IMO. 99.99 for a wireless adapter and 50 bucks for live for a year. When I bought my PS3 Xbox was still at 399.99(premium) and PS3 just went to 499.99. PS3 was cheaper in the end and had a bigger Harddrive. Come on Microsoft, thats a little excessive. Free wifi and online gaming with the PS3. Granted it's not as good as live but at that price, its a better deal IMO. You don't need to buy an external Blu-ray player like the 360 HD-DVD. PS3 has some pretty good PS3 only titles. There isn't as much as the 360 but IT'S UNDER A YEAR OLD! There is always a slow period. PS3 has great potential and the games are on the way.

    I would like to have a 360 but I don't feel like paying for the extras.
    I agree with you on all that. I don't mean any dissrespect to the X, but...there is absolutly NO excuse for any new counsel to not have integrated wi-fi...period. That is unacceptable IMO. I also don't like the fee for online access...makes me feel like I'm being gouged...free on-line is what I like.

    But to my original thought, I'm thinking we'll see 100GB PS3, with six axxis AND rumble, and maybe something else...perhaps an integrated TV tuner and Tivo-like abilities within the first quarter or second quarter of 08.

  6. #15
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZer
    I agree with you on all that. I don't mean any dissrespect to the X, but...there is absolutly NO excuse for any new counsel to not have integrated wi-fi...period. That is unacceptable IMO. I also don't like the fee for online access...makes me feel like I'm being gouged...free on-line is what I like.

    But to my original thought, I'm thinking we'll see 100GB PS3, with six axxis AND rumble, and maybe something else...perhaps an integrated TV tuner and Tivo-like abilities within the first quarter or second quarter of 08.
    Yeah, I don't know about the 100gb but all those others are on the way. I've heard that the new DualShock is going to be better the the 360 controller. I'm not sure about that because vibrating is vibrating right???


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  7. #16
    Snake arcticreaver's Avatar
    Member #
    27243
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    224
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_League_Slugger
    All well, buy it anyway.

    I love your avatar
    my girl works in the game industry. they are coming out with a 40 gig at 399.99 and the 80 gig at 499.99. you just gotta wait for the price drop.
    Owner of PS3 and Wii. Playing Unreal Tournament 3 at the moment. Everything else is on hold.
    PSN - arcticreaver

  8. #17
    WiiChat Member Big_League_Slugger's Avatar
    Member #
    971
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Binghamton, NY but Florida at heart
    Posts
    773
    Friends
    4
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    0638-7157-7489-3737
    Quote Originally Posted by arcticreaver
    my girl works in the game industry. they are coming out with a 40 gig at 399.99 and the 80 gig at 499.99. you just gotta wait for the price drop.
    Cool, what does she do.


    PSN: Lou-igi
    Gametag:G8torNation

  9. #18
    3D Artist sagema's Avatar
    Member #
    6192
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,685
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    4496-9128-1304-3457
    Look, by the end of 2008 you will have a better idea if this is the console for you. Don't make the same mistake I made when I rushed out and got a TG-16 for X-mas. My parents paid for it, but it was still a mistake. I could have gotten a ton of other games. Patience.

  10. #19
    Snake arcticreaver's Avatar
    Member #
    27243
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Arcadia
    Posts
    224
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7223-3534-5566-9128
    she designs game manuals and box art. i can't really say the company name though.
    Owner of PS3 and Wii. Playing Unreal Tournament 3 at the moment. Everything else is on hold.
    PSN - arcticreaver

  11. #20
    Playing is Believing blankconnection's Avatar
    Member #
    15039
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Big Pine Key,Fl
    Posts
    667
    Friends
    0
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    7027-9716-3519-4570
    Quote Originally Posted by ToxicDemon
    Well... from what it seems like is that sony is f*in up ... i would recommend a xbox 360 instead only because like 85% of the ps3's library is on the 360.. not only that but there are so much more games out for the 360 than the ps3.. unless your waiting for metal gear 4 go for it i guess.. but just the fact that the developers are fleeing the ps3 is well enough to say that this console isn't doing so hot. . don't get me wrong .. i'm not saying its a crappy system. its just that give it some more time before you actually invest on it.. let it get more sweeter
    other way around man, other way.

    If I my post helped you click on the GREEN MUSHROOM .....wait nevermind choose for yourself

Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts