LoginRegister
Nintendo Wii / Wii U Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Member #
    Friends
    Wii Friend Code: $post[field5]
    Quote Originally Posted by sagema
    They already made a player that can play HD and Blue Ray. It costs a lot more. I really hope the two formats stay so we can keep out the monopoly. We all lose if one wins over the other, and we get permanently stuck with just one type. It shouldn't be an issue since there will eventually be cheap players that can play both formats in the future.
    Yeah, I know Samsung and LG (BH-100) have have dual format players out for a few, but most of them were so-so implementations of both formats for most than buying one of each. I've had on advance order a player that's a full implementation of both standards (Profile 1.1, full HDi, TrueHD, killer Reon upscalar, etc.) that's targetted at ~$700 (that I might still bail on).

LG has a nice dual format internal drive for ~$300 street price (they have a matching R-HD/BD and W-BD internal, I think in the $800 range).

Of course even at $300 you still need a pretty stout HTPC for decent decoding (plus all the supplemental PC gear) - it's more flexible than the other solutions, but more costly (and potentially more of a PITA - I kind of like: press on, open, insert disk, press play, enjoy).

I have/had a nice HTPC, though it needs some upgrades - we switched from TW cable to DTV (must have NFL Sunday Ticket/Superfan ) and there's not a DTV-card so I lost my freebie DVR solution (to be honest the current state of programming no longer necessitates a DVR...) and get one of those drives instead (?)

I may pull it back out, get a new MB/videocard (it's got like 500GB of storage just sitting in a closet) - has a really killer Silverstone case with a VFD, etc.

OK, I my train of thought totally derailed...

"I want to be more like the ocean, no talking, all action"
    - Jane's Addiction

"Ga-blaaaaagh!!"
    - Liliane Eva

"The grammar corrections around here are officially old and tired."
    - Celeste

2. Ads

Member #
    Friends
    yay sony is dead! Rejoice!

Member #
    Friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkenmal
    yay sony is dead! Rejoice!
    **** you sony will never die

Gamertag/PSN ID=SensesFailxWiix if you add me send me a message via console or wiichat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Ads